PDA

View Full Version : Quick leveling scheme question

Hex
05-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Alright, I am leveling my Necro solo, whenever my friends are not on to play my cleric with. Two quick questions.

Solo Wise on Necro: He's Iksar, so basically just follow the leveling scheme out in Kunark I am guessing?

Cleric with a mage friend: We are nearing 12 and are in steamfont currently. Once we hit 12, where should we be heading for some good exp?

Sorry, I didn't see any guides talking about this in the guide section, or I wouldn't be on here asking newb questions. Hope everyone is having a great day.

azeth
05-20-2011, 10:08 AM
The Necro solo, and that Cleric Mage duo can handle LOIO as soon as ~15, and likely stay there as long as the exp lasts til maybe late 20s. That said, never forget the classic spots i.e HK guards in your 20's and 30's.

edit: google search, or forum search for Zone Experience Modifiers in classic/kunark. often with the guide you find it'll list a level range that likely you can hang your hat on.

Hex
05-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Won't a gnome cleric and HE Mage be hated by Iksars though, seems like a pain to get out there, and come back every 4 Levels for spells. Oh well, thank you!

azeth
05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Won't a gnome cleric and HE Mage be hated by Iksars though, seems like a pain to get out there, and come back every 4 Levels for spells. Oh well, thank you!

LOIO is directly connected to Firiona Vie.

Messianic
05-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Cleric with a mage friend: We are nearing 12 and are in steamfont currently. Once we hit 12, where should we be heading for some good exp?

Unrest is very good. Upper Guk is also very good. You both could handle either at 12. Be careful going through Dagnor's - there are some wanderers that could put a hurtin on ya. You could alternatively get a port to Sro (if I'm on, shoot me a tell and i'll take you if i'm not planted in TD for a grinding session) and hit Upper guk (which I prefer in every single way).

LoIO is very good if you're soloing, since there are tons of wimpy mobs to chew through.

Troy
05-20-2011, 11:01 AM
If you can afford it, grab whatever spells you actually cast (pet, heal, buff, pet heal, pet buff, that's about it lol) for lvl 14/16 before leaving and then go wherever and stay there until lvl 20.

falkun
05-20-2011, 11:49 AM
You have a great opportunity here. The iksar necro can experience all there is in kunark (and have a full-service city for him to bank/skill/etc. at) while your cleric/mage combo tears up "classic".

There is no reason for you to be doing the outdoor zones on your cleric/mage combo when there are amazing ZEMs in classic dungeons from L5-50+. Plus, your cleric/mage combo have all the tools a group needs to be able to travel around within dungeons (root, pacify, invis, ivu). The dungeons are where its most fun, most challenging, and most rewarding, take advantage of that whenever you can. Its much more fun than sitting in an open field.

Hex
05-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info, will definitely look into it all.

Swish
05-20-2011, 12:20 PM
At 12 I'd honestly be looking at going to the zone in at Kurn's (good that you can bind at Kaesora if one of you can't bind yet), the ZEM there is extremely good. If the mage can keep his pet healed it frees the cleric's mana to nuke.

I've never duo'ed with a mage so I don't know how fast the kills are for you guys but I'd be trying to find undead spots so that both of you can fire on all cylinders.

Unrest after Kurn's? Not sure where's good for undead following on from there, there might be a gap between Unrest and Lower Guk, but I'm sure there's some good undead spots on Kunark?

Just think that would help the pair of you level a bit quicker, and obviously the necro solo learns from the duo on what worked and what didn't :P

falkun
05-20-2011, 12:38 PM
If the mage can keep his pet healed it frees the cleric's mana to nuke.

The mage is a DPS class and the cleric is a healer, the only time I'd envision the mana efficiency of reversing the roles is beneficial might be when fighting undead, which as you also mentioned may not always be possible.

But then again, part of the excitement in this game is finding ways to cleverly solve problems with given class restrictions.

baalzy
05-20-2011, 01:11 PM
The mage is a DPS class and the cleric is a healer, the only time I'd envision the mana efficiency of reversing the roles is beneficial might be when fighting undead, which as you also mentioned may not always be possible.

But then again, part of the excitement in this game is finding ways to cleverly solve problems with given class restrictions.

Well, its possible to spend LARGE portions of 1-60 killing just Undead.

bakkily
05-20-2011, 05:40 PM
personally when soloing, i try to stick to dungeons cuz of the zem

but heres a rough outline for out door soloing, 1-10 your noob zone
14-25 ek is great, but for 10-20 you can do oasis
20-30, sk isnt bad, but can be overcamped, or head to loio, so much to do here
30-40, for a necro id say the ovethere, or fv if ot is too camped
40-50 any guards, dread lands
50+ i am not sure yet, havnt reached these lvls quite yet

but for a duo, or you think yer powerful enough for these dungeons, 10-20 kurns (great duo place and pretty much safe), unrest 15-30, plenty ol of em undead, 25-30 you can do hhk, 30-40 or maybe higher kaesora, at 43 ive soloed quite a bit here, though it is all close quarters, you can run into trouble if you dont take it a bit slow, 40-50 im not too sure

hope this helps

Zuranthium
05-21-2011, 02:24 AM

Love your Avatar; FFT rules. Also love this statement.

Which is part of why I made that big post about class balance weeks ago - the game doesn't allow you to do things like that in the higher level content (not talking about epic level here). It instead becomes exactly the opposite and you are very much limited to rather specific setups if you want to engage in that content.

At the lower/mid levels I've seen all kinds of interesting class combinations be able to work together and accomplish something relevant. Can that happen at the higher levels, though? Nope. Instead of getting to be creative and think of how you can make what you have feasible, at least in some manner, you are locked into NEEDING specific setups to even play. Unless your idea of "playing" is 15+ minutes of downtime for 1 mob.