PDA

View Full Version : 30 minutes to reclaim a camp???

Hobby
05-20-2011, 02:11 PM
No.

You people who are making up some rule about "if i die / go LD i have 30 minutes to reclaim a camp" are absolutely wrong.

The only time you have a period of time to reclaim a camp (which, by the way, its 20 minutes....) is when the server goes down for 1 reason or another...for EVERYONE. This means a) power outage at the Data Center, b) Patch time, c) server restart.....

If you die, if you go LD, if you leave your camp for any reason other than a sever crash/down time....then you lose the camp. Its that simple.

Rais
05-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Poor Hobby,and the rest of the guides.

The sad thing is 90% of the people bitching or making up things, don't even read the boards. It would be so much easier on this server if people could think like normal humans, and not some /b/ kiddies playing video games.

baalzy
05-20-2011, 02:14 PM
If you're talking about the jade prod camp, the unofficial rule at the camp has often been that you're allowed a grace period if you LD to reclaim the camp. Though I think it's more like 15-20minutes.

But this rule has purely been a play nice rule and *should* be explained as being an agreement between players and not an actual GM enforceable rule.

Hobby
05-20-2011, 02:38 PM
This is not in regards to any particular camp... The camps defined thread has already been made by xzerion along time ago and that is how I handle those disputes.

This is in regards to the petitions sent in saying "so and so stoledededededed my camp after i cra'shed...i told him to read the forums as it clearly says we have 30 minutes to reclaim...."

Its stupid -.-

Mcbard
05-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I wish you guys could start banning people who petition others even though one of the below criteria is met:

A) Nobody broke any actual rules
B) The petitioner lied about what the other individual did (i.e. he tagged my mob and ks'd me qq, when in fact logs show that the petitioned individual did no such thing).

EDIT: MY GUESS IS THAT THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE ARE MULTIPLE OFFENDERS. PLEASE CONFIRM/DENY! <3

Doors
05-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Bans for people lying in petitions would be awesome. Nothing major, just like 3 hours so they totally get fucked when trying to get/hold popular camps.

Tarathiel
05-20-2011, 03:37 PM
True story... Was lvling my alt with a few people at the scryer camp in guk... We invite some enchanter:::cough::zuranthium::::cough to join our group. This guy doesn't like me so he disbands almost immediately after joining.... Then he petitions and says he wants part of the scryer room.... Well a gm comes along and what do you know we are forced to share with him even tho we were there first... We invited him... And he choose to let personal drama get in the way of a good group... He was the one that disbanded why were we forced to move while he got to reap the benefits of soloing a camp that we broke.... Not really fair but its just how the cookie crumbles

soup
05-20-2011, 03:42 PM
True story... Was lvling my alt with a few people at the scryer camp in guk... We invite some enchanter:::cough::zuranthium::::cough to join our group. This guy doesn't like me so he disbands almost immediately after joining.... Then he petitions and says he wants part of the scryer room.... Well a gm comes along and what do you know we are forced to share with him even tho we were there first... We invited him... And he choose to let personal drama get in the way of a good group... He was the one that disbanded why were we forced to move while he got to reap the benefits of soloing a camp that we broke.... Not really fair but its just how the cookie crumbles

Zuranthium, isn't that the dbag that was on a tirade about why giving druids perma animal charm would make the game more classic, and nerd raged about ingame maps?

Massive Marc
05-20-2011, 03:48 PM

*If* that went down as you said it did, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.

Doors
05-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Zuranthium, isn't that the dbag that was on a tirade about why giving druids perma animal charm would make the game more classic, and nerd raged about ingame maps?

Almost 100% positive thats him, yeah. Rofl thats actually funny shit if it is him.

Tarathiel
05-20-2011, 04:14 PM

hahah same douche, funny thing is the reason the guy doesnt like me in the first place is because the previous day i was grouped with him at the orc highway in oasis and the dude charms a ghoul(wtf who does that in a group?) then proceeds to use the ghoul to pull... needless to say after he got our half our group wiped he wants to blame ME for running at the first sign of trouble... like i could have taunted the 6 orcs he pulled anyways.... after that group disbands im lucky enough to get another one going without him but at the same spot... so you know what he does??? he sits down right next to my group and starts siphoning orcs away from what i was pulling.... so ya that was a little off topic but still relates to camps haha

Ishio
05-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Ran into him at HHK, he petitioned a GM, and demanded we abandon 1/2 of the camp spots to him and his non existent group saying we can't claim 4 camp spots. Now I've only been in one group that could do all four spots otherwise warrior room was left alone. Then when we gave him 2 spots, he demands and petitions we move our group, we were here first mind you, so we don't overlap pathing. I'm Sorry you can't make a group move especially after we give you two spots. And if you're afk, that doesn't mean you're entitled to whatever camp you want. He sits afk in HHK. Bad news bears with him.

Kassel
05-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Zuranthium is the worst person on the server.

Tiggles
05-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Wow I really hate this man.

Tarathiel
05-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Ran into him at HHK, he petitioned a GM, and demanded we abandon 1/2 of the camp spots to him and his non existent group saying we can't claim 4 camp spots. Now I've only been in one group that could do all four spots otherwise warrior room was left alone. Then when we gave him 2 spots, he demands and petitions we move our group, we were here first mind you, so we don't overlap pathing. I'm Sorry you can't make a group move especially after we give you two spots. And if you're afk, that doesn't mean you're entitled to whatever camp you want. He sits afk in HHK. Bad news bears with him.

So apparently this dudes favorite tactic for xping is to use legitimate groups to cushion him in spots he would never be able to handle solo... I can't stand the guy but I even went as far as to try and make amends with him since the server is way to small to hold grudges but he still wanted to be a pompous ass so whatever, he won't last long on here hopefully

Daywolf
05-20-2011, 06:48 PM
then you lose the camp. Its that simple.Well, it's probably more broad than that. But I didn't petition and talk to the guide, a group mate did. I was too busy contemplating logging my druid in and clobbering the guy with an epic CB train for invading our secluded camp, which was broken as we had been there for an hour. But somehow ok by the guide *shrugs*. Next time the train-o-death and a dead twink kiter as far as I care.

LevinJ
05-20-2011, 07:28 PM
I got to encounter this from the other side the other day. Thank you, Hobby, for clarifying the rules on the matter and offering me the camp to keep.

Briefly, I found a certain popular camp open and claimed it (individuals in the zone confirmed that no one had been present there for some time). Shortly after, another person showed up and claimed that he had been holding the camp down but had to gate and was re-claiming the camp (which he insisted he was entitled to by the rules). When the next repop happened, mobs that do not spawn in that room suddenly magically appeared in the room and I was forced to gate. Unfortunately, the GM did not see to confirm how the mobs arrived. I decided to just leave rather than deal with the drama, although Hobby kindly informed me that I had rights to the camp.

Not posting this to rehash the story, but thank you to Hobby for your assistance and your time. And to express frustration at people who write their own rules.

Grodd
05-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Just for shits and giggles I fully shaman buffed and sowed a ghoul Zuranthium had charmed in Oasis last week at Orc Highway. As fate would have it the ghoul promptly broke charm and killed him.

Handull
05-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Anyone have any good camp stories from the past few days? haha.

Enough negativity, here is an irrelevant good story while i med up. I wanted to solo in SolA the other day, but would have had a hard time breaking certain areas like the Foreman room. Luckly there was a high lvl farming foreman/kobald but not the other mobs in those two rooms, so I hung out with him and solo'ed the other four mobs and sometimes the foreman PH. He got a few drops and I got a ding. Then he decided to leave, so I figured I would keep the foreman camp going in the nice rotation we had up and hopefully get a tunic. He logs back in saying he had a few more minutes, and at the same time foreman pops, so I start to take him out. After a nice fight, I get my tunic. There was no discussion about who had the claim to the foreman pop, since he left it was now mine. At the same time I also felt a little bad since he had gotten pretty unlucky and hadn't gotten many foreman/kobald pops (the next day I got two kobalds in a row and got myself one of each drop from those mobs :) ), but I had my tunic and i had to restart my comp (so it wouldn't freeze). I told him i had to restart and that the camp was his again, and he got a few more attempts at it.

TLDR It was fun being nice about a camp, for both of us.

Amelinda
05-20-2011, 07:43 PM
True story... ...Well a gm comes along and what do you know we are forced to share with him even tho we were there first... We invited him... And he choose to let personal drama get in the way of a good group... He was the one that disbanded why were we forced to move while he got to reap the benefits of soloing a camp that we broke.... Not really fair but its just how the cookie crumbles

I somehow remember this differently.

*shrug* that's all I'm sayin.

Salty
05-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Bans for people lying in petitions

You are an idiot and people like you should have absolutely no position of power.

Doors
05-20-2011, 07:47 PM
I think I hit a nerve on Salty, maybe I exposed his key campstealing tactic. Don't freak out man its just a game.

Tarathiel
05-20-2011, 08:12 PM
I somehow remember this differently.

*shrug* that's all I'm sayin.

Really? I do have typical stoner memory and was on my back to zone on cr so may have missed something that was said or done... But all I know is I show back up and all of a sudden we have to move under the scryer room some crybaby enchanter has some jaded ideas as to what he is entitled to... Now granted I have no problem with sharing I think this guy just abuses the /petition feature to get what he wants... Anyways I still respect your decision and think you are a great gm feel free to dump more ikky illusions on whenever we cross paths :)

Fourthmeal
05-20-2011, 08:19 PM
No.

You people who are making up some rule about "if i die / go LD i have 30 minutes to reclaim a camp" are absolutely wrong.

The only time you have a period of time to reclaim a camp (which, by the way, its 20 minutes....) is when the server goes down for 1 reason or another...for EVERYONE. This means a) power outage at the Data Center, b) Patch time, c) server restart.....

If you die, if you go LD, if you leave your camp for any reason other than a sever crash/down time....then you lose the camp. Its that simple.

Think outside the bun Hobby

Amelinda
05-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Really? I do have typical stoner memory and was on my back to zone on cr so may have missed something that was said or done... But all I know is I show back up and all of a sudden we have to move under the scryer room some crybaby enchanter has some jaded ideas as to what he is entitled to... Now granted I have no problem with sharing I think this guy just abuses the /petition feature to get what he wants... Anyways I still respect your decision and think you are a great gm feel free to dump more ikky illusions on whenever we cross paths :)

Pm'd ya.

Tarathiel
05-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Pm'd ya.

I suck. U rule. I want to duel zuranthium.

Zuranthium
05-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Oh boy, it will be fun debunking all the BS here.

This is hardly the accurate story.

#1 - Someone invited me to come to Guk because they needed an Enchanter. I said "hmm, that's all the way across the World from where I am, I don't think I can." They continued to message me, begging that they needed an Enchanter.

#2 - I finally agreed to come and when I finally got there, I discovered that you were in the group (dead, of course, and running back to the zone). You are not only a terrible player, having caused two separate groups two wipe the day before with bad pulls, but also an awful human being, having tried to continually KS me in the past and then additionally trying to create a train where I was at when I refused to "leave the area". FYI, nobody owns the entire freaking ORC HIGHWAY in Oasis. Get over yourself.

#3 - About the Ghoul, damn right I charmed it and pulled with it. The reason that team died however, is not because of the extra couple adds from roamers that I charmed/rooted, but rather because you started pull all kinds of OTHER things in addition to what was sitting there in front of your face to be killed that I specifically said in team chat "Rooted/Mezzed, take this one next, it's next in line on the timer". After that group died because of you, you tried to come back with another group soon after and died again in about 30 minutes (after which point I formed my own group and Charm pulled for HOURS and we never had a problem with it).

#4 - Back to the Guk timeline: after I decided not to group with you because I dislike awful human beings and didn't want to put my character's life in jeopardy by grouping with a terrible player in the deathbox known as Guk, I decided that I might as well solo there since I had spent so much timing getting there. I am perfectly entitled to solo there, you do not own all of the camps in the dungeon. FYI, I never said I "wanted the scryer room", I simply said that I was going to be fighting in the general area and that if you you tried to KS my mobs again, I would petition you and start charming one of your pulls as my own for every pull of mine that you KSed (until the mattered was solved by a GM).

#5 - You never broke the camp, you were DEAD and everything was re-popped. That's why the group called me to begin with: because you weren't ABLE to break the camp yourselves. And going back the idea of "camping the scryer room", you never had it to to begin with! Some higher level character was camping it! After I started soloing and your group went off to their area, they had to specifically come over and ASK for help to break the camp you were at. After the camp was broken, your group still died anyway about 15 minutes later (hmm wonder why) and then they all left.

Ran into him at HHK, he petitioned a GM, and demanded we abandon 1/2 of the camp spots to him and his non existent group saying we can't claim 4 camp spots.

My group was not non-existent; after we got there and started trying to fight I had to make a new one because a certain member of your team kept trying to KS the meager amount of pulls we were attempting to fight and they got fed up with it.

You factually can not claim 4 camp spots unless at least one member from your group is in each of those rooms AND capable of holding down the camp themselves. My "demand" is not out of line with the rules.

Moreover I NEVER demanded you abandon half of the camp spots. The rules say that, yes, my group WAS allowed an even split, but I never even asked for that. I asked for the SMALLEST camp and then HALF of the the second-smallest camp.

This amounted to my group camping 20% of the mobs between all 4 camps and your group still getting 80% of the mobs. Your group couldn't stand someone wanting to share 20% when they were ALLOWED to have 50% and so you started trying to kill steal from my group. It all comes down to your group being spoiled little brats about not getting to power level as fast as you wanted to. That is the entire reason for the conflict. Nothing I did was outside of the rules whatsoever.

Then when we gave him 2 spots, he demands and petitions we move our group, we were here first mind you, so we don't overlap pathing. I'm Sorry you can't make a group move especially after we give you two spots.

I NEVER demanded that you move your group, nor did I petition it. I merely suggested that you should, as it would make things easier for both parties. After the GM came the first time, she had to come back again because your group CONTINUED to try and kill steal from the very small area my group was camping. That is the reason for why the ordeal continued, not because you didn't move.

You also never "gave me 2 spots". A GM specifically forced you to give me 1.5 spots, which were once again the smallest spots and only amounted to a total of 20% of the mobs between all 4 camps.

He sits afk in HHK. Bad news bears with him.

I sat AFK in HHK last night because I didn't want to have to re-cast my pet over and over and over when I logged back in today. It takes forever to get the maximum level Enchanter pet and I had a max level pet before I went to bed. Thus, I went AFK rather than actually logging off.

So to sum up this post - I make completely logical decisions and play completely by the rules. It is dickheads that can't handling sharing who have created all of the messes talked about in this thread.

Swish
05-21-2011, 02:11 AM
I specifically said in team chat...

:rolleyes:

Tarathiel
05-21-2011, 02:19 AM

#1 - Someone invited me to come to Guk because they needed an Enchanter. I said "hmm, that's all the way across the World from where I am, I don't think I can." They continued to message me, begging that they needed an Enchanter.

#2 - I finally agreed to come and when I finally got there, I discovered that you were in the group (dead, of course, and running back to the zone). You are not only a terrible player, having caused two separate groups two wipe the day before with bad pulls, but also an awful human being, having tried to continually KS me in the past and then additionally trying to create a train where I was at when I refused to "leave the area". FYI, nobody owns the entire freaking ORC HIGHWAY in Oasis. Get over yourself.

#3 - About the Ghoul, damn right I charmed it and pulled with it. The reason that team died however, is not because of the extra couple adds from roamers that I charmed/rooted, but rather because you started pull all kinds of OTHER things in addition to what was sitting there in front of your face to be killed that I specifically said in team chat "Rooted/Mezzed, take this one next, it's next in line on the timer". After that group died because of you, you tried to come back with another group soon after and died again in about 30 minutes (after which point I formed my own group and Charm pulled for HOURS and we never had a problem with it).

#4 - Back to the Guk timeline: after I decided not to group with you because I dislike awful human beings and didn't want to put my character's life in jeopardy by grouping with a terrible player in the deathbox known as Guk, I decided that I might as well solo there since I had spent so much timing getting there. I am perfectly entitled to solo there, you do not own all of the camps in the dungeon. FYI, I never said I "wanted the scryer room", I simply said that I was going to be fighting in the general area and that if you you tried to KS my mobs again, I would petition you and start charming one of your pulls as my own for every pull of mine that you KSed (until the mattered was solved by a GM).

#5 - You never broke the camp, you were DEAD and everything was re-popped. That's why the group called me to begin with: because you weren't ABLE to break the camp yourselves. And going back the idea of "camping the scryer room", you never had it to to begin with! Some higher level character was camping it! After I started soloing and your group went off to their area, they had to specifically come over and ASK for help to break the camp you were at. After the camp was broken, your group still died anyway about 15 minutes later (hmm wonder why) and then they all left.

My group was not non-existent; after we got there and started trying to fight I had to make a new one because a certain member of your team kept trying to KS the meager amount of pulls we were attempting to fight and they got fed up with it.

You factually can not claim 4 camp spots unless at least one member from your group is in each of those rooms AND capable of holding down the camp themselves. My "demand" is not out of line with the rules.

Moreover I NEVER demanded you abandon half of the camp spots. The rules say that, yes, my group WAS allowed an even split, but I never even asked for that. I asked for the SMALLEST camp and then HALF of the the second-smallest camp.

This amounted to my group camping 20% of the mobs between all 4 camps and your group still getting 80% of the mobs. Your group couldn't stand someone wanting to share 20% when they were ALLOWED to have 50% and so you started trying to kill steal from my group. It all comes down to your group being spoiled little brats about not getting to power level as fast as you wanted to. That is the entire reason for the conflict. Nothing I did was outside of the rules whatsoever.

I NEVER demanded that you move your group, nor did I petition it. I merely suggested that you should, as it would make things easier for both parties. After the GM came the first time, she had to come back again because your group CONTINUED to try and kill steal from the very small area my group was camping. That is the reason for why the ordeal continued, not because you didn't move.

You also never "gave me 2 spots". A GM specifically forced you to give me 1.5 spots, which were once again the smallest spots and only amounted to a total of 20% of the mobs between all 4 camps.

I sat AFK in HHK last night because I didn't want to have to re-cast my pet over and over and over when I logged back in today. It takes forever to get the maximum level Enchanter pet and I had a max level pet before I went to bed. Thus, I went AFK rather than actually logging off.

So to sum up this post - I make completely logical decisions and play completely by the rules. It is dickheads that can't handling sharing who have created all of the messes talked about in this thread.

Dude you are so off base its not even worth trying to argue anymore but I'm going to anyways. Do you think you are gods fucking gift to eq? Do you think you can just come into any group you and just putting other people at risk because you think you know how to play this game better than we do? You didn't even say you were charming the ghoul nor did you say you were pulling with it. Pulling isn't even your job you damned noob. If you want to play like that do it on your own time
Some of us don't have all day to sit around wasting time chasing corpses because some asshat wants to play god. You are so quick to say I'm the bad player but I'm wondering if you got the stones to back those words up? /duel zarantium

Ihealyou
05-21-2011, 02:23 AM
You guys want to guess what no one cares about?

Zuranthium
05-21-2011, 02:40 AM
You didn't even say you were charming the ghoul.

Yes I did. I charmed it before we even got over to the actual camp, as we were on the opposing side of the highway when the group formed and engaged in a fight before getting to camp.

Pulling isn't even your job you damned noob.

It's an outdoor exp group. You pull everything you can handle. I pulled extra to get more exp for everyone. Plus charming is just damn fun. I'm sorry you couldn't handle it; all of the other groups I was in before and after could. The noob thing is to just sit there twiddling your thumbs when you can be doing more. I like to make myself as efficient as possible when I play.

Do you think you can just come into any group you and just putting other people at risk because you think you know how to play this game better than we do?

I didn't put anyone at risk. It's a wide open area and everyone had SoW. If the charm breaks it's my ass that is dead from charming a Ghoul when it runs over and roots me. That actually did happen to me once, in fact! (@Grodd - LOL, so that's why one of them was being being so troublesome. Well played sir)

Doors
05-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Wall of text crits you for bluerage

you die.

Tarathiel
05-21-2011, 02:59 AM
I've said my peace and am done with this subject I'm leaning now towards /ignore

Ishio
05-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Where to start "debunking" your inaccuracies.

Are you saying that your group sits around Norrath and waits for your beck and call? Because I'm pretty sure that it took an hour and a half for your "group" to assemble. Then upon arriving, you guys wiped on the first mob.

We can too hold all 4 camp spots, which my group was doing. In fact we had a 3-5 minute downtime as all the camp spots were taken. It was basically an unwritten rule in this zone for gobby camps. I, nor anyone else I know, has ever heard of gobby camps being split, except to take war room. Moreover, there are no official rules. So theoretically you can jump in and take our mobs, and so can we. So don't be pissy when your group dies, and my tank pulls your camp mobs, while you try to reassemble, which takes another 40 minutes. You did demand I move my group so we don't "overlap" We gave you a whole 2 rooms, you could have moved there. You didn't, not our fault, yet you gave us grief for it. I gave you two spots yesterday.

A GM never talked to me yesterday. Get your facts straight, yet again. You asked three times which spots I was giving you, I told you four times, yet you still persisted and told us which ones you were going to take. So clearly, we have a literacy issue going on here.

Just so you know, AFK does not mean that you are there first. If I AFK in Rathe, does not mean that all the HG's there are mine. If a raid has one PC AFK in Hate does not mean that raid has the zone for them when they feel like it.

Zuranthium
05-21-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that it took an hour and a half for your "group" to assemble. Then upon arriving, you guys wiped on the first mob.

Once again, after I arrived with my first group, they eventually left because YOUR group was trying to KS everything. It did not take anywhere near an hour and a half for the next group to form although, yes, they did die on the first pull because they didn't know what they were doing at first.

We can too hold all 4 camp spots, which my group was doing.

It doesn't matter; that doesn't mean you're allowed to HAVE all 4 camps spots if another group arrives. Unless, again, at least one member from your party is in each of those spots and capable of holding it themselves.

Moreover, there are no official rules.

Oh really? http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

You did demand I move my group so we don't "overlap" We gave you a whole 2 rooms, you could have moved there. You didn't, not our fault, yet you gave us grief for it. I gave you two spots yesterday.

Nope. I did not demand any such thing or give you any grief at all. I suggested it ONCE, as a the wisest thing to do for all involved, and that was it. And, no, you did not give my group 2 whole rooms either. To reiterate once again, my group took on 1.5 of the camps (the 2 spawns in the small room and the 2 spawns on the right side of the larger open room). This amounted to my group having 20% of the mobs between all 4 camps and your group having 80%. So yet again the problem comes down to YOUR group being greedy, asinine spoiled brats who were mad about not getting to powerlevel as fast as they wanted to.

Also, what are you talking about "we could have moved there"; we already were there...the problem I predicted was that your group would be pulling through the area where our mobs spawned, if you continued to camp where you were at.

A GM never talked to me yesterday. Get your facts straight, yet again. You asked three times which spots I was giving you, I told you four times, yet you still persisted and told us which ones you were going to take. So clearly, we have a literacy issue going on here.

The GM may not have talked to you directly but they certain talked to the person who was directly KSing and then talked to everyone altogether. There is no literacy issue on my end all, rather you tried to go against the defined camps that were setup and tried to say that my group could only take 1 camp (the very smallest one) out of all 4. You are greedy and YOU didn't play according to the rules and you are mad that you had to share. Wah wah wah wah.

Just so you know, AFK does not mean that you are there first.

I never said it does. Don't put words in my mouth. I explained exactly why I went AFK. Perhaps it is you who has the literacy issue.

Knuckle
05-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Pm'd ya.

why havent u pmd me?

Zeelot
05-21-2011, 02:10 PM
If anyone needs rule lawyering I charge 1.5k/hr

Nocte
05-21-2011, 02:11 PM

^^

Fourthmeal
05-21-2011, 02:53 PM
SO much drama in da club

Tarathiel
05-21-2011, 03:35 PM
why havent u pmd me?

Don't be jealous knukks you can't all be as awesome as me!

Swish
05-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Screenies or Zuranthium is lying... ;)

Ishio
05-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Once again, after I arrived with my first group, they eventually left because YOUR group was trying to KS everything. It did not take anywhere near an hour and a half for the next group to form although, yes, they did die on the first pull because they didn't know what they were doing at first.

My group wasn't KSing, we were pulling OUR mobs. Sorry you couldn't see that, since all you were seeing was a loading screen.

It doesn't matter; that doesn't mean you're allowed to HAVE all 4 camps spots if another group arrives. Unless, again, at least one member from your party is in each of those spots and capable of holding it themselves.

You die, and then take an hour to regain a new group, you lose it. Sorry.

Nope. I did not demand any such thing or give you any grief at all. I suggested it ONCE, as a the wisest thing to do for all involved, and that was it. And, no, you did not give my group 2 whole rooms either. To reiterate once again, my group took on 1.5 of the camps (the 2 spawns in the small room and the 2 spawns on the right side of the larger open room). This amounted to my group having 20% of the mobs between all 4 camps and your group having 80%. So yet again the problem comes down to YOUR group being greedy, asinine spoiled brats who were mad about not getting to powerlevel as fast as they wanted to.

Spoiled brats being PL'd? Sorry, I must have missed the high level druid or monk in the zone pulling/dsing us. Oh right, there was only a necro taking on the bards/nobles. PLing wasn't happening. Don't be mad bro because I put together a group that doesn't fail. We didn't have 3 rangers, you the chanter, and a druid. We had a tank, heals, mez, and dps. My bad. We weren't being greedy, you guys obviously couldn't handle the "20%" given to you. :D

Also, what are you talking about "we could have moved there"; we already were there...the problem I predicted was that your group would be pulling through the area where our mobs spawned, if you continued to camp where you were at. If you were already there, why did my group continue to receive grief?

The GM may not have talked to you directly but they certain talked to the person who was directly KSing and then talked to everyone altogether. There is no literacy issue on my end all, rather you tried to go against the defined camps that were setup and tried to say that my group could only take 1 camp (the very smallest one) out of all 4. You are greedy and YOU didn't play according to the rules and you are mad that you had to share. Wah wah wah wah.

Wow, contradiction much? If I said the GM didn't talk to me and you agreed with me then turn around and said the GM later talked to me, you have terrible resources. The camps weren't set up any particular way. You QQ'd and wasted people's time, when you couldn't even hold yourself in a group when we shared the camp spot. And if my group was there first, we have every right to tell you which camp spots to take. Why should a well defined group give up great camp spots because you came in with a GM hammer behind you. So if I see you there in a group taking on all 4 spots, I can demand you give me the bigger camp sites? :eek:

I never said it does. Don't put words in my mouth. I explained exactly why I went AFK. Perhaps it is you who has the literacy issue.

Sorry, never put words into your mouth. Short term memory loss seems to be an issue. My bad.

Verenity
05-21-2011, 04:45 PM
It's starting to seem like half of the replies to this thread should be moved to R&F since that's really all that's going on here... Great entertainment though

Zuranthium
05-21-2011, 06:19 PM
My group wasn't KSing, we were pulling OUR mobs. Sorry you couldn't see that, since all you were seeing was a loading screen.

They were NOT your mobs. Get over it and read the rules.

You die, and then take an hour to regain a new group, you lose it. Sorry.

#1) That's not what happened. We picked up immediately after the first death and, with instruction, there were no further problems. The problem was when two of my groups broke up because your group was KSing. Hence, me having to reform twice.

#2) When a group dies they only lose the spot they were camping if it was a single camp that someone else was waiting for. Your group was perfectly allowed to keep taking more pulls but as soon as a new group arrives, it goes right back to the rule of your group not being allowed to own 4 separate camps.

If you were already there, why did my group continue to receive grief? The camps weren't set up any particular way.

Because your group continued to try and KS. Hence, the GM coming back yet again. And, yes, they were set up in a particular way.

And if my group was there first, we have every right to tell you which camp spots to take. Why should a well defined group give up great camp spots because you came in with a GM hammer behind you. So if I see you there in a group taking on all 4 spots, I can demand you give me the bigger camp sites?

You have every right to tell another group which camp spots to take AFTER splitting them according to what your group is allowed to camp. You don't get to say "Okay, we'll let you have just those 2 spawns over there in the corner for your whole group and we'll take the other 14."

And this whole paragraph you wrote is BS because I never tried to take the "bigger camp sites" to begin with. Repeating now for the 3rd or 4th time: I requested what was by far the smallest camp in addition to half of the second-smallest camp. Which, again, amounted to a 20% to 80% split of the mobs between all 4 camps for my group in comparison to your group. I was ALLOWED to say I wanted the smallest camp and ALL of the second-smallest camp, as your group would have only been able to handle the 2 larger camps as defined by holding them with accordance to the rules, but I didn't even ask for that. I asked for LESS than I was allowed to camp and here you are still having a huge fit about being forced to share.

Bruno
05-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Harry Pooter marathon on abc family.

Doors
05-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Zuranthium = forum gold

Ishio
05-21-2011, 07:45 PM
You have every right to tell another group which camp spots to take AFTER splitting them according to what your group is allowed to camp. You don't get to say "Okay, we'll let you have just those 2 spawns over there in the corner for your whole group and we'll take the other 14."

I don't have to split anything down the middle. Otherwise we run into pathing issues. I gave you the right side of the post. Your group obviously couldn't handle any more than that. We took the "14" because my group could handle it, ontop of which our average level was much higher than yours. You guys wiped on a level 24 mob. We didn't wipe when taking out warriors with me healing without Greater Healing.

I'm done arguing with you.

Zuranthium
05-21-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't have to split anything down the middle.

You have to split them according to the rules and it seems like you still don't understand them. The rules states my group was allowed 2 of the 4 camps. It would make sense then that you would want the bigger camps. Thus, I suggested that my group take the smallest camp and then only half of the second-smallest camp. How many more times must it be said? I was requesting less than I was allowed and your group refused to share as per the rules and had to be forced to by a GM, multiple times, plain and simple.

You guys wiped on a level 24 mob.

A couple people died, once, because they were sitting in spawn points where they shouldn't have been without even having all their spells memmed and then aggro-ed 2 of them. Your group also wiped during the day, shortly after I arrived...at which point in time the Monk in your group (who was responsible for a lot of the KSing) said "this is still my group's camp because I'm still here and we have 30 minutes to take all of the camps back for ourselves." Which of course was completely wrong not only for all of the reasons I've posted but also because of this very forum and game-wide announcement right here.

Darwoth
05-21-2011, 11:32 PM
its threads like this that make me laugh my ass off and wonder how anyone could ever play on a pve server anything.

Zuranthium
05-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Well on a bright note, Ishio and I duo-ed today (in HHK) and there wasn't a single argument between us! I enjoyed it very much and would like to play with him/her again. Enchanter + Druid is one of my favorite duos for the low/mid levels and I've been using it frequently. Those 2 classes together can take on pretty much anything themselves at this point in the game.

Marley
05-22-2011, 05:18 AM

Hrmm ?!? ^^^^

Azazel
05-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Zuranthium you have managed to stir up more bullshit drama having just arrived on the server than I have in the 1.5 years ive been here on and off.
Not only that you have made serveral uninformed rant posts at the GMs telling them how you want their server to be.

Your reaction to being called out on this shit is rationalization and rule lawyering. The problem isnt everyone else, its you.

Hobby
05-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Ya'll be fucking dumb...

Don't start trolling in a thread that a GM makes, take it to tells or make a RnF but get the fuck off my thread.

Im closing this, I said my piece and people now know better.