PDA

View Full Version : Powerlevellers vs groups

Swish
05-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Hey guys, seen a lot of action on P99 but wondered what rules or priorities there were, if any, of normal groups to XP versus powerlevellers there to level someone's alt.

One zone in particular tonight has been interesting. PLers pulling from various camps not giving a second thought to people levelling in groups at those camps.

PLing happens, not saying it shouldn't happen... but should those doing it have such sway because they can kill at 1000mph?

The group I was with was left with scraps, the odd few mobs we could take as they spawned before the PLers got there...and they got there fast :rolleyes:.

Be interested to hear any similar experiences from levellers and PLers alike :)

Baa
05-23-2011, 01:28 AM
Haven't really found this happening too much in dungeons where camp rules apply but have seen it a lot in open areas such as SK. Have leveled both of my chars there at some point or another and quite often had a PLer move in and lock down the camp.

Don't have a prob with people PLing but I do have a prob with greedy little hobbits. Groups should always get preference IMO and if there is not enough to share the PLer should find somewhere else.

I am fairly lucky though that I play in super off peak (max online 300) so not usually a problem for me except on weekends.

Daywolf
05-23-2011, 02:14 AM
You can enter a /petition though no guarantee they will do anything about it. It's the side effect of so many twinking now. It'll probably just get worse as the economy begins it's move into ruin. But petition may help if they are intruding on your groups camp.

Odeseus
05-23-2011, 07:58 AM
When I'm PLing my friends, I always give preference to other groups in the zone. I can always take my friends to a different spot and do just fine. Just my opinion on it though. I am sure the hardcore PL people want the very best possible camp if there is even a chance at getting it.

Azazel
05-23-2011, 07:58 AM
This problem was much worse before Kunark was released, Unrest was terrible for it.

That said, if the mobs arent spawning in the room you're sitting in they are fair game, and only when these are taken from you do you have reason to petition. If your outside its a free-for-all.

You can (politely) ask the PLers to cut you some slack, failing that play better or move elsewhere.

You're not entitled to any proportion of mobs simply by being in the zone and being of a certain level. Now the PLer can be nice to you like Odeseus says, which is great but thats up to them.

Figure out the spawn times on the mobs and be there before the PLer.

Dr4z3r
05-23-2011, 12:29 PM
If you're camping a certain subset of static spawns, killing them regularly, and not having trouble staying alive, then anytime anyone (PL'ers or another group, it doesn't matter) grabs one of those spawns, the correct course of action is to send the person a POLITE /tell, letting them know that that one's camped (seriously, don't put this shit in /ooc or /shout, the rest of the zone doesn't care!).

If the monsters in question are roaming around, then you can't technically camp them (server rules), but you can still send a POLITE /tell, asking the other group/person to share (seriously, don't put this shit in /ooc or /shout, the rest of the zone doesn't care!). I've never had a person react rudely to being treated like a human being and asked nicely to show some consideration for others.

Supaskillz
05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
I think most people will be respectful if your group was there already if you just politely ask them to leave your group of mobs alone. I don't view this as a huge problem since many of the lvl 1-50 zones are often empty and if there are groups camping the mobs that they want the pwr lvlers will likely just move to an empty zone.

Taryth
05-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Xp mobs outside of the room you're sitting in (not even sure if you can claim xp mob camps, room or otherwise) are fair game. In fact, the best thing to do is to get a rotation going, and simply stand where the mobs will spawn. They'll all spawn in sequence- let someone try to take your mobs when you know the spawn timer and you're parked over each mob as it spawns. That's the only real way to "claim" xp mobs tbh.

Or send a tell. If you can't claim the mobs via rotation, and the person isn't very kind, the only thing you can do is leave. You could submit a petition . . .but xp mob camp disputes are lame, and you're only wasting the staff's time. Just go somewhere else.