PDA

View Full Version : levelling help

Wuvarien
05-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Heya guys :)

I could really use a bit of help, I'm a lvl 14 sk - will be lvl15 by tonight, currently camped in BlackBurrow, and everything is either green or light blue, only reason i'm staying here is for the teeth.

Ideally i'd like to group more, but in BB grouping would be detrimental because i'm farming teeth.
I'm not very good with travelling, but can use Eq atlas.
I don't have very good gear as this is my first toon.

baalzy
05-23-2011, 05:58 PM
15 you can head to Faydwer and try to get a group in Unrest. Unrest is heavily populated with people PL'ing so it could be difficult to get into groups because of this.

Or else head to Kunark and go to Kurns then to LOIO where the populations are higher and your chances of finding a group are greater.

Wuvarien
05-23-2011, 06:05 PM
i wanted to try to get to Kunark era - but just unsure of the travel. will trek it tomorrow i think :)

redghosthunter
05-23-2011, 06:06 PM
15 you can head to Faydwer and try to get a group in Unrest. Unrest is heavily populated with people PL'ing so it could be difficult to get into groups because of this.

Or else head to Kunark and go to Kurns then to LOIO where the populations are higher and your chances of finding a group are greater.

I 2nd this.... always lots of folks in unrest . Forget the teeth

Zigfreed
05-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Always lots of folks in unrest except for when there isn't.. Be prepared to solo there. Great place for groups when you can get em tho.

Supaskillz
05-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Oasis is another good spot for your level that often has groups, and you can find mobs there to solo or solo in nro when you are unable to get a group. Also you could do upper guk in a few levels which is nearby.

Doors
05-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Make the run to oasis.

Kika Maslyaka
05-23-2011, 07:10 PM
make run to Freeport first and get a bind there
from there you can decide where to go next

of course if you can find someone you can TP you over to WC or BB that be nice

if you plan on running all the way....oh boy, make sure to get a SoW, and do not cross Kithikor at night!

oh yeah, I assume you are human SK worshiping bertox or Erudite Sk worshiping CT - you maybe KoS in Freeport, as well as to anyone else along the way...
Definitely KoS to everyone on Faydwer...

Wotsirb401
05-23-2011, 07:13 PM
I would say Kurns travel is worth the squeeze. Best Exp mod in the game

bakkily
05-23-2011, 08:31 PM
forget oasis, not a bad place to lvl really, but shit its slow really to lvl, kurns is good, but at times there can be tons of people there, or zero, at your lvl, unrest is a good pick being a sk, if not in a group, theres plenty in faydwer to solo up, then mm, but i think peeps usally do 28-36 there, if i was you while in game, just type a /who all 15 20, and figure which are the hot spots for peeps lvling

Troy
05-23-2011, 11:58 PM
make run to Freeport first and get a bind there
from there you can decide where to go next

of course if you can find someone you can TP you over to WC or BB that be nice

if you plan on running all the way....oh boy, make sure to get a SoW, and do not cross Kithikor at night!

oh yeah, I assume you are human SK worshiping bertox or Erudite Sk worshiping CT - you maybe KoS in Freeport, as well as to anyone else along the way...
Definitely KoS to everyone on Faydwer...

SK's get IVU at lvl 9 so there's no danger in Kith. I don't know about faction though

Kika Maslyaka
05-24-2011, 12:00 AM
SK's get IVU at lvl 9 so there's no danger in Kith. I don't know about faction though

except there are some hounds who are animals
and at his level will get insta-whacked

Menobank
05-24-2011, 05:33 AM
i play a DE necro and i found mamoth calfs are quick easy xp and my xp bar moves faster in the tundra of everfrost if yoru sitll in that area......just be mindful of guards and tundra jack but should be plenty of stuff here to kill for awhile if you want

gnomishfirework
05-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Go to oasis until 18 or so then upper Guk (you could go to upper Guk now). Oasis isn't slow, theres tons of mobs. It's just not a great exp modifier. It's always got people too.

I'd recommend against unrest. I did that exact thing on my sk and couldn't find groups most times, and this was shortly before kunark. I went to oasis then Guk and never had a problem finding a group.

renegadeofunk
05-24-2011, 07:08 AM
As a mage I found soloing the Unrest courtyard to be ridiculously fast xp, I think I went from 16-18 in 2 hours because of the retarded ZEM. Even if you can't really solo the mobs there you have a good chance of finding 1 or 2 buddies which is more than enough to cash in big time on just a few hours played, so long as you aren't fighting another group for mobs. I played during peak hours and only found it really camped once, most decent groups move inside (or try to then train to zone ad nauseum).

Wuvarien
05-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Currently stuck in highpass hold LOL xD

Zuranthium
05-24-2011, 05:04 PM
i play a DE necro and i found mamoth calfs are quick easy xp and my xp bar moves faster in the tundra of everfrost if yoru sitll in that area......just be mindful of guards and tundra jack but should be plenty of stuff here to kill for awhile if you want

This makes me smile. I can't imagine many people are out there killing mammoth calves these days. West Karana also has scarecrows that would be good for a Level 15 SK to fight, although you'll probably need a buddy for some of them. Bandits in that area may not be green yet either (some of the regular ones will still be dark blue for sure and the Brigands will all be dark blue or higher) and the sashes they drop can be turned in if you get an invis to raise faction with Qeynos guards.