PDA

View Full Version : the popular dungeons-popular hunting spots

bakkily
05-23-2011, 08:02 PM
What would you guys say are the popular dungeons

popular dungeons for lvl 20-30?
for lvl 30-40?

and popular hunting spots from 20-40?

over all while playing my rog, im trying to stick to only dungeons, and he's lvl 17 atm, figure a lvl or two more in kurns then leaving, hoping to actually lvl him 20-40 in the old world, due to no one even really doing the dungeons of these lvls in kunark

Fourthmeal
05-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Upper Guk is good in the 20-30 range. OT, while not a dungeon, is a pretty popular outdoor zone in the 30-45 range.

Azazel
05-23-2011, 08:56 PM
solA, and guk on antonica
MM and unrest on faydwer

Just hang out in EC tunnel with LFG on, the two antonican dungeons are within running distance, and you will be able to get a port to faydwer in 2secs.

Handull
05-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Agreed, SolA and unrest are fun and usually have a group or two going at peak hours, and there are spots that can be solo'ed if you know where to go (not sure how rogues play, but atleast i was able to solo there with my druid. You might not call unrest a true dungeon, but the house is more or less.

Uguk can be fun and has some good loot as well, but I never leveled there myself. Castle Mistmoore (off of Lesser Fay) can be fun. The first area can be single pulled and is nice exp in late 20's, and there are camps in there up to high levels, I think.

High hold keep can also get you through the middle 20's. There is really only one (i guess two) camps there, but a good group can have fun there, and the loot is pretty nice in terms of vendoring for pp (and there is a bank near by). I found the zone boring after getting just under two levels there, but that was just me, I've seen some people stay there for a long time.

Gustahn
05-23-2011, 11:01 PM
I used to do splitpaw from early 30s to late 30s then solB till mid 40s.

Azazel
05-24-2011, 03:19 AM
yeah paw is great if you have the group

Striiker
05-24-2011, 04:40 PM
There are some neat dungeons on Kunark which are badly overlooked.. Dalnir, Nurga and Droga. It baffles my mind that just one zone away people are grinding crap XP with crap loot in Overthere when these two zones are right off of Frontier Mountains. Heck, Droga is about 15 seconds to the right from the Overthere zone line. Get a tank, a healer and some crowd control, sprinkle some DPS and you're all set.

Messianic
05-24-2011, 04:41 PM
There are some neat dungeons on Kunark which are badly overlooked.. Dalnir, Nurga and Droga. It baffles my mind that just one zone away people are grinding crap XP with crap loot in Overthere when these two zones are right off of Frontier Mountains. Heck, Droga is about 15 seconds to the right from the Overthere zone line. Get a tank, a healer and some crowd control, sprinkle some DPS and you're all set.

It's because Droga and Nurga take a lot more effort than most of the old-world dungeons of the same level, and people aren't as familiar with them so there's a learning curve.

Droga is a pain in the butt if you're inexperienced there.

Mady
05-24-2011, 04:46 PM
It's because Droga and Nurga take a lot more effort than most of the old-world dungeons of the same level, and people aren't as familiar with them so there's a learning curve.

Droga is a pain in the butt if you're inexperienced there.

Zone out is a long way away from zone in. Even further than Seb.

Aelzrith
05-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Re: Droga/Nurga zoneout issues:

Invis and a map should help that.

On another note:

Cazic Thule is another overlooked zone. On live, I remember there always being 2+ groups there. Level range is 30+ I believe. Bring some stuns and hone your crowd control skills if you're in it for the lizards. Want something easier? There are a TON of gators, most of which are single and double pulls. Just grab an EB first. Feel like a challenge after you've been there for a while? One of the coolest mid-level bosses is suspended is a sphere of water surrounded by his Templars.

There isn't much notable loot for casters other than the lizardscale mantle, but rogues will be happy. Ask your Mage for weight negation bags for the piles of finesteel that will be dropping. If you're a Mage and you still need to complete your focus items, this is a great spot. Duo with a healer at gators for the quest pieces and all of that finesteel when grouping should pay for the gems you need.

So diverse.

So. Much. Fun.

bakkily
05-25-2011, 10:25 PM
yea been focusing on my shaman mainly, and soloing through 45, which is a bitch so far, got two yells in 6 hours of soloing in paw, about to get my third, anyone know of other hot spots in old world? for cash i hit hhk, but havnt tried specs or giants yet, though at 34 i tried a hg and found it takes my whole mana bar at that lvl to kill one
haha, good time that was died on my 2nd

Messianic
05-26-2011, 08:09 AM
yea been focusing on my shaman mainly, and soloing through 45, which is a bitch so far, got two yells in 6 hours of soloing in paw, about to get my third, anyone know of other hot spots in old world? for cash i hit hhk, but havnt tried specs or giants yet, though at 34 i tried a hg and found it takes my whole mana bar at that lvl to kill one
haha, good time that was died on my 2nd

Specs in OOT or Oasis, Lguk = Money + Exp
Bloodgills in LoIO = exp
Dreadlands etc trash along the walls = exp