PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Kelethin Banker!

MegamanXZOBMV
05-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I spent hours grinding in Crushbone with my Human Necro of Bertoxxulous to get non-KoS with Kelethin Merchants and Guards. Specifically, so I could bank and sell there. Only to discover that the Kelethin Banker is on the Anti-Mage faction.

That said, what would be the best way to increase my faction so I can bank in Kelethin? I was going to try the 'Bandit Sisters' quest, since the Nybrights are good coin and exp for my Necro at the moment, but the NPC/drunkard I'm to turn the quest materials in to cons dark blue and threateningly to me, so there's not much to do on that end.

Kika Maslyaka
05-23-2011, 11:56 PM
try orc vest quest in kelethin, and see maybe it will give you some additional factions

you will need ton of belts and pads from cb

Swish
05-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Banker Wilaen is on KelethinMerchants, check the Felwithe guards and banker... my Troll SK who cons warmly to Felwithe guards manages to bank to the indifferent banker there, just be careful going past places like the paladin guild without invis ;)

If you did want to grind faction to use the Kelethin banker, there's a quest at the warrior guild (who you will have gained faction with from grinding in CB) you can do:-

1x Bone Chip
1x Spiderling Eye
1x Bat Fur (or was it a wing?)
1x Ruined Wolf Pelt

...turn those in, 300 or so times lol :D

Swish
05-24-2011, 12:10 AM
I was going to try the 'Bandit Sisters' quest, since the Nybrights are good coin and exp for my Necro at the moment, but the NPC/drunkard I'm to turn the quest materials in to cons dark blue and threateningly to me, so there's not much to do on that end.

What level are you? The drunkard guy paths around, if you have FD you can turn them into him that way I think? Hail him as he goes by. Not sure if KelethinMerchants are on the end of that quest, but good going if they are :)

MegamanXZOBMV
05-24-2011, 12:54 AM
My Necro is only level 13 at the moment. Walked from Qeynos to get there too xD

I actually am doing the Warrior GM quest with my Necro. All goes well, except when it comes to Ruined Wolf Pelts. There's not enough wolves in Gfay to keep up. I just straight up bought stacks of fur, eyes, and already have many bones as a Necro.. but even crappy pelts are in short supply, so I'm looking for an alternative method.

Yeah, I can use the Felwithe banker. I'm just picky. I like everything about Felwithe except it's banker.. all my banking memories and nostalgia come from the Kelethin dude. He wants to kill me, understandable of course. :)

Eldaran
05-24-2011, 08:07 AM
If you can get a skinning knife and a tailoring kit you can turn any of hte wolf pelts into ruined ones

Nataz
05-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Try this page:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=25

Kika Maslyaka
05-24-2011, 11:05 AM
ha I was right about orc vests
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=158

Messianic
05-24-2011, 11:07 AM
If you can get a skinning knife and a tailoring kit you can turn any of hte wolf pelts into ruined ones

...In classic? don't think so

And it's a bit roundabout, but if you have a circlet of shadows, you can try to invis right behind the banker, FD, bank, then CoS invis and run away.

Harm
05-24-2011, 04:49 PM
...In classic? don't think so

It works on this server. I know cause I've done it. The part that isn't working right is that its supposed to be no-fail, but it can fail. In fact everything that I've found to date on P99 that is supposed to be no-fail in fact does have a failure chance, tradeskill-wise.

Boomlaor
05-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Or just FD to bank.

MegamanXZOBMV
05-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Unfortunately, lvl 13 Necros don't have FD.

Unless I'm unaware of something.

Messianic
05-25-2011, 07:55 AM
It works on this server. I know cause I've done it. The part that isn't working right is that its supposed to be no-fail, but it can fail. In fact everything that I've found to date on P99 that is supposed to be no-fail in fact does have a failure chance, tradeskill-wise.

Interesting.

baalzy
05-25-2011, 01:14 PM
I remember being able to bank in kelethin as a gnome necro bertox follower when I started. Which was a couple months after Kunark. I've found evidence that at some point kelethin faction modifiers were changed to make it so you weren't KoS by default in kelethin as a gnome bertox necro. Wouldn't be surprised if humans should be similar.

Keep in mind, this was at level 1. I started playing EQ because of a friend from a MUD I played. He specifically had me make a gnome necro because it wouldn't be KoS in kelethin so we could play together.