PDA

View Full Version : Noob questions

Morrick
05-25-2011, 01:49 AM
I have been away from the game since 2006 or so and feeling like a total noob. I have a lot of basic questions, if anyone can answer them it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Pet XP soakage. Do I need to do at least 50% xp to get full mob xp? I have been hearing that all that needs to be done is 1 point. I have been noticing that full pet dps = minimal xp, possibly zero. Is this acurate?
2. Pet DW. I remember something like 20ish pets got auto-dw but now its not auto? WHy was it taken out?
3. Is it that big a difference at higher end to equip pet items or do mages now mostly skip it?
4. To get the bonus to hp/mana regen do you need to sit or sit/open spellbook?
5. How are mages atm? I really liked my mage back when, they did decent dps, could solo quite a bit harder stuff than most classes and were fairly independant.
6. Is low pet pull in or out?

Kika Maslyaka
05-25-2011, 01:54 AM
2. automatic DW wasn't classic

4. yes you need to sit down to meditate. opening book is not required

5. outside of being able to heal, mages are good soloers

Ichven
05-25-2011, 02:01 AM
1. 1 Point of damage is all you need to do.

Trackflare
05-25-2011, 02:52 AM
1. 1 dmg is all you need to do, as stated
2. DW was 49+ but is currently removed so you need to equip 2 weapons on the pet from about lvl 20/24 onwards to get it to DW
3. just summon a couple daggers or whatever the best summon weapon spell you've got as you level, normal weapons to do, same with the effects on magic items, like stun and stuff
4. just sit to get mana regen, spell book viewing has been removed, so no need to have it open
5. Mages can solo right up to 60 if you want
6. Depends on the group your in

Diplomacy
05-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Welcome to the server!