PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps an odd question...

Breccia
05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm new to the EQ Emulators here. I was wondering if the changes I made to be able to play here on Project:1999 preclude me from playing on another of the servers as well?

While my love for Classic EQ is boundless (I played for many years) I have a personal fondness for the froglocks.

While I wish to play here (and have set myself up, and am looking forward to duoing again with my husband - once our petition clears, anyway) I'd like to branch out, and check out a few of the other servers.

Will logging on to one of them change anything to make it impossible for me to play here?

Thank you for any responses.

-Breccia

baalzy
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Logging into another won't affect your P99 install, but not everything on the other customer servers will be functional. The biggest thing is the spell file, you'd need to swap to whichever one the other server you want to play on uses to get everything to work properly.

snwbrdr642
05-25-2011, 02:44 PM
i pretty much only play on p1999 now but if you do want to check out other servers here's the best way to do it.

first you wanna fresh install of titanium.

then for each server you want to play on you make a new EQ folder (copy + paste + rename) and make the necessary changes to that folder.

for 1999 you can fit all the necessary game files in a folder about 1.35 gigs. check out this thread:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7186

i'm not sure if there are similar things you can do for other servers, but the entire game isn't that big so having individual folders is definitely the way to go IMO.

--------------------------

the second best way to do it is to either find a loader (i know their used to be one, but it was pretty buggy and wasn't updated that often) that will swap the files you need in and out or do it manually putting all the files in backup folders. this is a pain and its easy to loose track of which files need to be swapped.

EDIT: if you have any questions about doing this feel free to PM

Breccia
05-25-2011, 02:47 PM
(nods) That makes sense. Thank you.

I'll see what I can work out to make it easier on me to switch around. Perhaps two separate installs - one clean, and the one I've got for here - would work. It's not like I have a lack of space on my harddrive. I don't collect music or video, so I'll never fill the T I've got.

-Breccia

Volsic
05-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Breccia, were you the dorf who asked me about batwings in GFay just before servers came down? I can't remember the name.

Breccia
05-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Why, yes, I was, if you were Blaine! I figured I'd come here to ask my question while I was waiting for them to come up again. That, and make lunch.

Volsic
05-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, I apologize for not being able to finish the quest with you. I ran into some... issues.

Glad to see you posting though, and that I happened to see you. I'll be back in Gfay once servers come back up, assuming I can get my "issue" resolved.

Breccia
05-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Good luck with your "issue," then, friend. We figured you'd gone LD when you poofed in front of us.

Tumdumm
05-25-2011, 03:07 PM
for 1999 you can fit all the necessary game files in a folder about 1.35 gigs. check out this thread:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7186

does that still let kunark work? i guess i should just try making an iksar and check

baalzy
05-25-2011, 03:18 PM
It leaves the Kunark/Velious files in (since the server will eventually make use of them) and I think Plane of Time (gets used occasionally for GM events). Strips out all the stuff from other expansions which don't get used.