PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Dictate Chain

Muletide
05-25-2011, 04:50 PM
So I saw someone selling Dictate for 8k on the forums and my first thought was that was fairly ridiculous for a 750 mana / 48 second charm.

But, the recast is only 300 seconds. So, what would happen if you got 6 enchanters together? This is not as hard as it sounds as there are plenty of us on this server. It would take amazing timing but in theory they could charm and keep charmed a level 58 mob in all its hasted dual wielding glory. Of course, they could also just charm 6 level 50 mobs. But why not just charm Innoruuk and have him deathtouch the zone?

Anyway I suspect that all of these boss mobs are immune to charm, but I'm curious if there would be any place this could work.

I think the timing could be fairly precise by using /pause ahead of time since they would know exactly when charm would break, although there is still lag, but even so it should be possible to have charm breaks of less than half a second without too much pain.

fezzik
05-25-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm down. LFG 5 other enchanters to charm Talendor in skyfire and get uber exp/loot.

baalzy
05-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Charming Innoruuk would destroy all the items on him.

However you could chain charm the Seb Protector and throw it at Trak. It should be able to solo Trak with enchanter haste + dual wield.

Mustaza
05-25-2011, 04:56 PM

However you could chain charm the Seb Protector and throw it at Trak. It should be able to solo Trak with enchanter haste + dual wield.

Until the first charm breaks and the enchanter gets summoned.

Muletide
05-25-2011, 04:58 PM
A nice idea Baalzy but he's level 60. 2 levels too high.

Also I loot items off of charmed pets all the time - just have to break charm before you kill them. Is Innoruuk different?

Muletide
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Well it is a good point Mustaza, that since the (nonclassic AFAIK) problem of pet aggro transferring as soon as charm breaks enchanter #1 is down. I didn't think of that.

But so what? 6 enchanters are happy to suicide themselves to kill a raid target. I saw a cloak of flames go for 350k on the forums. Not to mention bragging rights.

I think the best bet would actually be the Fungus King although certain campers might be upset. He hits for 330 max according to the wiki, and you can always bring a cleric to CH him. I'm guessing that would be about 200 dps, and Trak only has 32k hps, so in theory that's 160 seconds or 4 dictates, plus or minus.

Messianic
05-25-2011, 05:09 PM

Urge to grief...RISING