PDA

View Full Version : Best Ruleset

Dojii
05-26-2011, 12:49 PM
All for all PVP +/- 4 Levels (this is also the current level ruleset on live and has been for years)

Allow Loot and Scoot in small scale PVP if players ask for it.

If a player dies but wants to continue to fight and bring friends back, this should be allowed. Fighting over spawns etc.

If a player dies in Mass PVP over a raid encounter, that player should be allowed to come back and fight if they want to, to contest raid content. Players should be able to come back as much as they want and fight naked if needed as this will be a PVP server and we should contest each other all the time for loots.

Can kill players if they are naked at bind once every 10 minutes. If they ask for LNS should let them loot their corpse and leave zone. Also should be permitted to leave zone if naked and have already died once at bind. If they are AFK they can remain there and die naked at bind once every 10 minutes. But no need for excessive bind camping.

But unlimited bind camp fragging should not be allowed, its not PVP its acting like a douche versus naked players.

IF LNS SHOULD BE A RULE
You better have some GMs who REALLY REALLY want to police this policy. Two active GM's who understand LNS policy. Violations to LNS policy should be fair to moderate. 24-48 hour suspensions if the GM feels the need.

GENERAL SUSPENSIONS AND BANS FOR VARIOUS "CRIMES"

Training should result in a 1-3 day ban. A log should be created in GM forums of the report. More and more violations of training by the same person, will result in additional 1-3 day banning, on top of the primary 1-3 day ban. This means if you train once, you will be banned for 1-3 days. If you are caught training twice 4-6 days suspension. Three times 7-10 days. After a player has been caught training 3 times, their case should be reviewed and brought to council for a greater punishment decided upon by a group of GM's

Macroquest, ShowEQ, etc and different 3rd party program exploits. If a player has been caught by a GM for warping, mapping, and any other sort of "hack" related movement offense. That account should be suspended for 3-days minimum. One item may be deleted from players inventory at the discretion of a GM. Further violations will be documented, suspensions will be of longer duration, your character may be De-Leveled and more of your items destroyed. Continual violation will result of permanent suspension of the account and character deletion.

Duping bugs should be immediately brought to the attention of the staff Via petition and submission of report on the forums. Players caught exploiting bugs and duping items will have their characters deleted and/or accounts banned. Players caught receiving duped items will have their accounts suspended 1-3 days, and subject to further punishment depending on the severity of the situation.

Doors
05-26-2011, 12:53 PM
LNS rules are kinda gay. Nobody ever really follows them either which adds to the gayness.

Dojii
05-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Yea the only LNS that I think we should start off with, is if someone or a few people get pwned and want to get their corpses. We can choose to be kind if they ask and grant them their bodies.

But LNS as in, you have can't come back to the zone, actually discourages PVP. And typically creates more problems and work for GMs.

Knuckle
05-26-2011, 01:19 PM
current live eq is a giant dicksucking game. +/- 10 levels for best results.

Dojii
05-26-2011, 01:23 PM
current live eq is a giant dicksucking game. +/- 10 levels for best results.

calm down bro, its actually a fine game content wise. however the widespread thousands of zones and population of maybe 150 active players makes it a very poor game to find PVP in.

but the game itself is fine.

wehrmacht
05-26-2011, 01:30 PM
All for all PVP +/- 4 Levels (this is also the current level ruleset on live and has been for years)

Way to go at attempting to create a blue server Dojii.

4 level difference PvP = You would have multiple groups fighting in karnors or sebillis that wouldn't even be able to attack each other. Even if some of the group is attackable, chances are the other half won't be so you'll have these giant, retard fest fights with invulnerable healers, invulnerable trainers, and all kinds of other gayness.

Anyone suggesting any sort of PvP level limits please take that idea and shove it up your ass.

Allow Loot and Scoot in small scale PVP if players ask for it.

This isn't the blue server of Tallon Zek with a paid, professional staff on call 24 hours a day to solve player disputes. There are not enough GM resources to deal with that crap so the only logical choice is if you can't enforce or hard code the rule, it shouldn't be a rule. Otherwise you just have selective enforcement and mass calls of GM favoritism like TZVZ.

You could easily put in a hard coded solution to fix this anyway. Implement shadowrest and have corpses pop in there once every 4-24 hours or something and you have to talk to priest of discord to port you in. Or just make it so the priest of discord will summon your corpse for you if it's been dead for 4 hours or longer.

Training should result in a 1-3 day ban.

Once again, not enough GM resources to enforce these ridiculous ideas. There would be 1000 petitions per day about it. If you can't hard code it, it shouldn't be a rule.

If you want to lessen the impact of training on the server, the only downside to training is the corpse recovery part and what I posted above would fix that as well.

If a player has been caught by a GM for warping, mapping, and any other sort of "hack" related movement offense. That account should be suspended for 3-days minimum.

Why not just give them a free fungi tunic and a reach around if they're caught cheating?

Dojii
05-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Wehrmacht;

you must have not played VZTZ. Some players were banned for 30 days for training. These rules are great rules, and can only be so if there are GM's to enforce them. some players were banned for weeks and days for violating LNS.

Immy healing has always been a part of EQ. All I see from your response is nothing constructive whatsoever and just a bunch of whining and QQ.

People like you will have no say in how this server will be developed, as I can already tell your thought process is less than profitable for yourself. And much less profitable for anyone reading or thinking about what you have to say.

BUT since you will be able to enjoy the free game, from a free country, you will be able to spread around your douchery from beyond the forums one day.

wehrmacht
05-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Immy healing has always been a part of EQ.

No it hasn't. Nobody that's ever played on SZ (the only real EQ PvP server to ever exist besides Discord) wants to see such weak, garbage rules

Dojii
05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
No it hasn't. Nobody that's ever played on SZ (the only real EQ PvP server to ever exist besides Discord) wants to see such weak, garbage rules

Rallos Zek was +/- 4 Levels since its creation and was also the rule set implemented into the merger of all Zeks.

Given now that we're going to absorb some players from P99, many of whom may be their first time on a PVP server, these rules will also be good for them. Its not well that someone 8 levels higher comes up on a new player and smashes them.

We want a population sustained by PVP, not constrained by grief.

These rules also help to adequately discipline the players that seek unfair advantages to PVP victories. Unfair PVP will result in loss of population. Grief will result in loss of population.

So as fervent as you may be about the rules, your bias, ignorance and overall inability to comprehend a merger of P99 players with VZTZ players, and Even players from LIVE who will want to come and play on this server; your inability to comprehend the needs of all these different players, is what makes your input useless. Its going to be a good server, and not just a thrill ride for yourself.

But by all means enjoy your freedom to speak on the forums, but don't hold any confidence that it will have any bearing on the new server.

wehrmacht
05-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Rallos Zek was +/- 4 Levels since its creation and was also the rule set implemented into the merger of all Zeks.

And virtually everyone hates that server. You are one of only 40 people that play there. Having people walk up to you from enemy guilds while being invulnerable and then either healing their friends that attack you or invulnerable training you is fucking ridiculous.

If you want to try and claim that FFA is "hardcore" and the only way to go, don't pansy it up with some stupid level limits that makes PvP terrible and not even worth playing.

If you go with team based, there is no reason to even need level limits since your team would have zone control of places for lower levels to escape to and people on their own team to protect them.

So either way you look at it, level limits are terrible and don't work for any rule set.

Given now that we're going to absorb some players from P99, many of whom may be their first time on a PVP server, these rules will also be good for them.

Bullshit, if you actually cared about player retention and keeping population high, you would be advocating team based instead of FFA.

These rules also help to adequately discipline the players that seek unfair advantages to PVP victories.

LOL?

Are Fiegi and Dojii the same person???

fiegi
05-26-2011, 03:09 PM
god no, wtf.

dojii is a moron

Lns is an abortion, ppl always trying to abuse it on both sides of the fence.

I've been calling for no rules since there were rumors of a p99 red, except hacking of course.

Dojii
05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
And virtually everyone hates that server.

Rallos Zek was made in like 2000 and continued with that ruleset until the merger of all Zeks. Which ruleset has been in tact for Everquest PVP for probably longer than the duration of your life. If we say you're about 12 or 13 years old we're close to saying that PVP has existed in this format, in everquest, as long as you have been alive my young noobling friend.

Dojii
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Lns is an abortion, ppl always trying to abuse it on both sides of the fence.

The only LNS I am proposing is player granted, for the sake of letting players continue to play even if they lose small scale PVP. Meaning that if they ask if they can get their items and leave, we should extend this courtesy to players, so they don't just rage quit and log off.

Not everyone who plays or is going to play has thick skin of a rhino and is ready for a server with no rules.

Thats why VZTZ population in its most hardcore moments maxed at like population 50.

You guys say you all want PVP but you're only using tactics which give you full advantage and little to no challenge at all.

solid
05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Non-pussy rule set server or no server at all imo. I realize it's probably not the best stance for raw population (which shouldn't be the end-all-be-all goal anyway), but I just can't see myself playing in a GM hand-holding environment. Not going to defend it anymore than saying- it's a video game, you'll probably get griefed, either grow up and deal w/ it or don't play. Last thing you need is a GM nanny state, for their sake and the players'.

EDIT: I've made this argument a lot on the vz/tz forums so it's documented there if anyone's interested, but even typing that last paragraph made me tired of talking about it.

Dojii
05-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Just recreate VZTZ except minus out the Sirken rage bannings over LNS and Training; and fuck the P99 population they are ready for hardcore server, and plus I never log in anyways

Lol

Dojii
05-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Just recreate VZTZ except minus out the Sirken rage bannings over LNS and Training; and fuck the P99 population they are ready for hardcore server, and plus I never log in anyways, oh and max population 20-35 trolls is a great PVP atmosphere

Lol fixed.

wehrmacht
05-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Teams and no rules or FFA and no rules, prevent the Dojii syndrome from spreading.

solid
05-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Lol fixed.

Cute. I realize this is probably too large of a cognitive leap for a mental midget such as yourself, but GM hand-holding doesn't work out in the long run of a server. GMs have enough to deal with without having to maintain a nanny-state. It's typically not the traditional GM issues that burn a GM out, it's dealing with the players over issues like LNS/Trains etc. You're reducing the average lifespan of your GMs drastically by asking them to do something that none of them actually want to do, and that's deal with players on retarded arbitrary issues like this.

naez
05-26-2011, 05:51 PM
http://turbo.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/07/smoke-weed-every-day.jpg

Envious
05-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Rules are for fucking faggots.

Feigi / Solid, lets group up. I'd include Wehrmacht, but fuck I'd rather take blunt force trauma to the face. Hold on, nm, we could use him for bait.

Envious
05-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Doesnt Dojii do hair for a living or someshit?

naez
05-26-2011, 05:58 PM
thats jozz i think he dids hair

Dojii
05-26-2011, 06:00 PM

Lol yea thats Jozz, hey have you ever played a PVP server before Envious?

naez
05-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Snipe Deer

wehrmacht
05-26-2011, 06:07 PM

I think Dojii and Jozz do

mimixownzall
05-27-2011, 09:03 AM

For halfers it should be:

SHAVE
FEET