PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on managing multiple gear sets?

Bruman
05-28-2011, 01:54 PM
My macro knowledge is limited, but my understanding is you couldn't macro swapping gear anyways. But there's possibly something I'm missing there.

Or if people just have interesting UI suggestions for dealing with it either. Just any tips, suggestions, screenshots, etc people have would be appreciated :)

Mardur
05-28-2011, 03:01 PM
You can't macro swap gear without breaking the server's rules. It's possible but requires illegal third party programs that will get you banned if GMs discover you are using them. So, you must do it manually. Some UIs display your inventory/bags etc within the main UI without having to go into the inventory screen, so that's your best bet if you're swapping gear often.

bakkily
05-28-2011, 03:28 PM
no need to be rude and call him a retard =P

Zeelot
05-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Nothin' fancy, but I usually use hotbars and always keep my bags open close by.

Fists
05-30-2011, 07:41 AM
EXCELLENT SHARE THANK YOU KIMM, oh wait.

Mcbard
05-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Just hotbar your inventory slots and bags.

Hobby
05-30-2011, 12:28 PM
keep the insults out.... this doesnt need to be moved to RnF so learn to control your attitudes. Either help with advice or shut the hell up.

Stumpes
05-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Just hotbar your inventory slots and bags.

This works well enough for inventory and clickies. I wouldn't bother changing armor out mid fight though.

Bruman
05-31-2011, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys - looks like working my inventory and bags being open into my UI all the time is probably going to be the way to go :)

Stormhowl
05-31-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys - looks like working my inventory and bags being open into my UI all the time is probably going to be the way to go :)

Might I ask you a question? And I ask out of sheer curiosity:

What kind of gear are you carrying that necessitates switching a lot? I can only think of one time I "needed" to switch gear, and that was back when my 52 Druid had to swap between Elder Spiritist Vambraces and his standard +WIS arms every... 24? 36? seconds during a fight. /shrug.

Bruman
05-31-2011, 02:04 AM
Might I ask you a question? And I ask out of sheer curiosity:

What kind of gear are you carrying that necessitates switching a lot? I can only think of one time I "needed" to switch gear, and that was back when my 52 Druid had to swap between Elder Spiritist Vambraces and his standard +WIS arms every... 24? 36? seconds during a fight. /shrug.

The main time is for raid pulling. I'd like to have my full resist gear on while "out in the field", but swap out to some DPS stuff while we beat the mob down (before going back out to get more mobs). It's definitely not crucial, especially given how some str isn't going to make/break anything, but I've been finding myself fumbling with swapping gear manually, so just figured I'd ask if people had ideas :)

Stormhowl
05-31-2011, 02:07 AM
The main time is for raid pulling. I'd like to have my full resist gear on while "out in the field", but swap out to some DPS stuff while we beat the mob down (before going back out to get more mobs). It's definitely not crucial, especially given how some str isn't going to make/break anything, but I've been finding myself fumbling with swapping gear manually, so just figured I'd ask if people had ideas :)

Alright, fair enough. I never played anything other than Bard, Shaman, and Druid so I never had much need to switch out of the one gear set I had. Thanks for responding. :)

Pescador
05-31-2011, 02:46 AM
Wait, you played a bard and you never had much need to switch gear?!?!

Bruman
05-31-2011, 08:04 AM

Hah, that's a shock. I'd think bards would want it more than anyone.

Stormhowl
05-31-2011, 02:21 PM

I was a Vah Shir Bard during the GoD / OoW era, and only got to 52. Was there a reason I should've needed to switch more than my instruments? 0.o

maestrom
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Gotta switch those masks.

Stormhowl
05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Gotta switch those masks.

I only had the DE mask and never used it unless I needed the faction changes cause I never liked being Drizzt. ;)

Aadill
05-31-2011, 02:35 PM
I only had the DE mask and never used it unless I needed the faction changes cause I never liked being Drizzt. ;)

You played a cat.