PDA

View Full Version : Just plain old forgot

enderite
06-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Been a long time. Started playing on this server after quitting back in 2000. Freaking awesome btw.. Question though. And not a lot online applies since there's 15 plus expansions they refer to that aren't used. Here's my question...

My sister plays a lvl 9 halfling cleric.. She was trying to support a lvl 5 de rogue buddy. None of her heals or buffs would hold in or out if group. Is there something we're forgetting? A lvl cap to stop power lvling? Something specific to p99? Just curious. Any help would be appreciated.

Enderite lvl 7 dwarf warrior

Ihealyou
06-01-2011, 12:07 PM
If he turned in his tome of discord, you can't buff or heal him. Otherwise, there shouldn't be anything stopping you. Its possible that he had a higher level buff on, so your buff didn't stack. That could make it seem like the heals aren't doing anything too. A 5 hp heal isn't going to make any noticable difference if he has a ton of hp from buffs.

Striiker
06-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree that either one person or the other handed in the tome of discord or the target had buffs already which blocked lower level buffs of the same line and/or very high HP from a buff pretty much negated the low level healing. You would still see a message though that you got healed and for how much.

enderite
06-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Thats it! He turned in his tome of discord. Thanks for the help guys. Least he didn't lvl too far before we figured that out.:)

Dr4z3r
06-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Thats it! He turned in his tome of discord. Thanks for the help guys. Least he didn't lvl too far before we figured that out.:)

If you ask a GM nicely, they'll probably just flip him back to blue. :)

gnomishfirework
06-01-2011, 10:56 PM
If he stays red, he will be legend.

Rais
06-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Clearly we need to know the age of your sister.

Stumpes
06-01-2011, 11:03 PM
If you ask a GM nicely, they'll probably just flip him back to blue. :)

I knew many people who did this on live. The GMs can do it. But I am not sure if they will do it.

Lelroni
06-02-2011, 09:10 AM
I turned my book in on live around lvl 20 or 25, there was another red player on the server who was 30 and would hunt me down, wasn't so fun haha. Anyways I petitioned a GM to see if I could get changed back and I had to do a little quest to do it, collect bixie stingers and other vendor fodder stuff.

Savok
06-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Isn't there a Priest of Order around Qeynos on P1999?

Stormhowl
06-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Isn't there a Priest of Order around Qeynos on P1999?

Yeah, he waddles around the newbie yard and sometimes goes into town and stands near the Priest of Discord. He claims he can reset your PvP status but I never turned in my book so I don't know for sure.