PDA

View Full Version : SK solo spots

Nytch
06-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I want to play a tank but don't want to be totally dependent on groups, guess that means im playing a SK. What are the good solo spots 1-60?

falkun
06-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Pallies are also capable soloers, especially with a ghoulbane (once it procs) and against undead. I remember doing unrest with great success solo back in the day on live.

Sajan
06-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Stick to big outdoor zones with melee mobs only. You're not gonna want to be killing casters as a solo tank.

Messianic
06-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Monks also solo barely-dark blue mobs really well with decent gear.

But as for SK solo spots, Fear kiting is pretty much the MO after 22 (Engulfing Darkness - Clinging darkness sucks, but it works i guess). SK's get spook the dead, which is faster-casting and much more efficient than fear, so anywhere you can fear kite undead outdoors is a huge +. Get a good twohander (Nathsar greatsword is fantastic up to 20 b/c of damage caps) and go to town. Keep your pet up - he's free DPS, despite how fragile he is.

Edit 1:Stick to big outdoor zones with melee mobs only. You're not gonna want to be killing casters as a solo tank.

Disagree. If he can keep them feared, they're much softer targets :D but yeah, I agree with you indoors - casters are a pain if you can't lock them down.

Edit 2: I suppose I could riff off a list of places that would theoretically work fine:

1-15 - noob zones, Oasis, spiders in upper guk, Befallen if you're careful
15-22 - Oasis if you're focused, LoIO if you're gutsy, NK also works fine
22-30 - LoIO or noob area of OT
30-34 - Giant Skeletons in Rathe Mts. Very squishy, can be fear kited w/ undead fear.
34-42ish - OT near SF ramp

Zeelot
06-01-2011, 07:43 PM
1-10 - Nektulos/EC

10-20 - Nro, then Oasis at around 14-20

20-30 - LOIO as mentioned!

30-34 - Giant Skeles as mentioned

34 - 45 - Any of the spec camps / OT

The undead mobs 30+ are nice for exp because you can easily fear kite. Undead fear is pretty mana efficient even though you have to recast it a lot; plus the cast time is pretty quick on it.

Swindle
06-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Also good:

FOB 1-10
Kurns 10-20

Kurns a good spot to get a nice neck item(Skull of Torture) while XPing there. Needless to say you will get a ton of bone chips going this route. Been getting good plat from selling the chips to high levels working on Cabalis faction via the bone chip turn in.

Goatphist
20 Iksar SK
Altered Vision