PDA

View Full Version : Best int caster weapon?

Pyrocat
06-02-2011, 01:59 AM
What's the best DPS weapon for int casters? Obviously not for everyday use, but for when they get the urge to hit something. Excluding Rod of Annihilation because that obviously is the best.

So far the best I can find is Brell's Keg Popper, 1hb 15/35

LinuXY
06-02-2011, 06:06 AM
My favorite was the Kelp Hilted Mace from PoP...

Messianic
06-02-2011, 07:48 AM
There are two weapons which have really decent ratios and are great for casters 1-16 or so:

Lost Staff of the Scorned
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM PLACEABLE
Slot: PRIMARY
Charges: Unlimited
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 24
DMG: 11 Dmg Bonus: 22
This item is placeable in yards and houses.
Effect: Nek Portal (Must Equip, Casting Time: 18.0) at Level 39
WT: 4.6 Size: LARGE
Class: WIZ
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)

There's an enchanter variant whose name eludes me right now, but as a wizard who leveled his wizard untwinked (my first one on the server to breach level 30), having a good strong twohander to melee with as you battle-cast nukes is indispensable in your early levels. I personally saved up some cash and bought a Treant Staff on the cheap - it was very helpful to get occasional 20 point melee hits inbetween nukes.

Werlop
06-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Chanter equivalent- Withered Staff

Bubbles
06-03-2011, 07:53 AM
if you're playing something besides an enchanter, an orb of tishan is both a fun alternative and will be situationally useful all the way to 60.

it's probably best on a necro, since you can beat on feared mobs to tash them and make re-snaring/fearing (MR based spells) easier. Of course it's nowhere near the best ratio for sheer damage, and isn't the easiest thing to find in EC tunnel.

tbh if you are are looking for a weap for a caster under level 30, the staff of the waterwalker has a pretty nifty +100 hps which is hard to beat, and is an 18/38 2hb to boot.

baalzy
06-03-2011, 01:13 PM
orb of tishan is also the only way you're going to be able to lower MR on a mob that you plan to charm if you're a nec. (solo, anyways).