PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of this?

Aadill
06-06-2011, 09:24 AM
From that site with the patch notes:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000217a.html

A teleporter has been placed within the Plane of Hate in order to give non-casters a way out of the zone besides death, potion, or group teleport.

falkun
06-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Nope, never heard of that. I also wonder why the dev who wrote the patch notes didn't mention the Worker Sledgemallet as a means of escape.

Rhambuk
06-06-2011, 09:52 AM
I also wonder why the dev who wrote the patch notes didn't mention the Worker Sledgemallet as a means of escape.

to give non-casters a way out of the zone besides death

I don't think they believed non gater's would survive long enough against a planar mob to get a proc off :p

falkun
06-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Well, if you still have a group up there, keep a cleric, a tank, and 1 porter and then the rest of the melee can OT hammer out until its just the 1 group with a porter left. Or maybe that's thinking too outside the box.

Rhambuk
06-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Well if theres anyone else up there you can always just /d

Aadill
06-06-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't believe the devs ever thought that EVERY melee on a raid would have an OT hammer like players on P99 do. Puppet strings galore.

In any case, what the heck kind of teleporter was put in? I never heard about it, ever. Is this site even reliable as we think or was it ninja removed almost immediately? They put one in the Plane of Fear for the same reason so what the heck's the dealio?

Messianic
06-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Well, if you still have a group up there, keep a cleric, a tank, and 1 porter and then the rest of the melee can OT hammer out until its just the 1 group with a porter left. Or maybe that's thinking too outside the box.

For all those etc cases where someone went LD, camped, fell asleep at the keyboard, etc, that person will end up petitioning to get out. They were probably just saving themselves the headache of saving a bunch of people via petition.

Comapavik
06-06-2011, 12:31 PM
On my bard, I would always use my SS helm to make an eye of zomm and swing my OT hammer at that until it procced. Took a few tries sometimes, but better than dying.

Phallax
06-06-2011, 03:10 PM
It was on the 2nd level. I remember it on live. Ported you to the tower in oasis iirc

Lazortag
06-06-2011, 03:18 PM
It was on the 2nd level. I remember it on live. Ported you to the tower in oasis iirc

How long did it stay in for?