PDA

View Full Version : Level 29 Monk - Solo?

Weevil Lemons
06-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I have been soloing at the giant fort in WW for the past few levels, and now I am looking for a new place to solo for easy going, good experience (just like the fort). Any ideas?

Gustahn
06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
South Karana

Eyeke
06-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I solod my monk all the way to 60. it wasn't easy (and I didn't ALWAYS solo) but it's doable

lake of ill omen to mid 20s.. i think maybe sarnak fort to 30. then I did giants after that in FM

Spacebar
06-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Another good place to go is the cave at the entrance to Dalnir. Sometimes it's camped and there aren't really a lot of spawns (about 7). However, if you can fight the skulking brutes in there it is great xp and they are pretty squishy. Once I got to about 33 or 34 I could solo the whole spawn cycle pretty easily and by the time I finished the last one, about one or two of the others were spawned. Might also depend on how twinked your monk is.

I solo'd there from about 29-34/35ish. I probably could have finished out level 35 there, but decided to go to the giant fort in Frontier Mountains.

Numbers_
06-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Yup, thats the place I was going to post (skulking brutes). My monk got through 30 so fast there it was crazy. I just camped the room you go into if you don't turn right towards dalnir and keep going straight. There are 3 spawns in the room and one roamer that walks up and down the hall.

The loot isn't as good as the giant fort, but the experience was better and you don't have to bunt heads with other people for spawns.

lethstang
06-08-2011, 02:55 PM
i did shin lord camp in upper guk at that level. great exp

Ravhin
06-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I also enjoyed the squishy brutes until 30-31, but if you're heavily twinked you'll have downtime at this point with just the 7 spawns. Then to Ssythrax (sp) cave in FoB, doesn't seem to be a much known spot. Can be tough at 31 but will take you to 38-39 if you wish, and more "growth potential" (more mobs available per cycle, 11 easily accessible/solo pulls if I recall) than brutes. Seemed like the yeti cave in NW DL was the next brutes, should take you to upper 40s easily.

Summary solo path for twinked monk:

1-12 FoB
12-20 Kurns
20-24 LoIO wanderers
24-31 WW Brutes
31-39 FoB Ssythrax (could also do SolA/HHK)
39-48 DL Yeti
48-60 SolB/LGuk/more exotic

I made it to lvl 39 on this path in 39 hours played - the goal was 50 in 50 (going to be quite tight w/o robe or an exp bonus).

Messianic
06-08-2011, 04:31 PM
You could probably do big chunks of Sol A, if you're careful and fairly twinked...And Sol A is pretty good exp, still. I wish I could remember what I did on my monk between 30 and 40...that level range is such a blank in my memory (10+ years ago).

I spent a crapton of time in lower guk though - once you're about 33/34 you can probably handle the entrance mob spawns (the initial spawn, the two down the ramp, and all the mobs on the left, including the ghoul roamer, the two solo spawns, and the three together spawns in the room next to the waterfall).

There's another ghoul spawn on the right, but i don't recommend that side because of really annoying caster mobs. Keep pumice on you...

You can also do live side, which is heavily neglected yet really good exp, particularly 40+ solo (minos, etc).

Weevil Lemons
06-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Wow, thanks for the information! I've been doing Brutes solo, and FM giants with a group. It's working out great so far. This is my first character on this server, so I'm not heavily twinked, heheh. Gotta take the safe road until I have the money to splurge on my toon. Thanks again!

Weevil Lemons
06-10-2011, 02:35 AM
Alright, I have dinged to 31 now, and brutes are light blue to me. Time for a new place to hunt! I am wondering though, where could I go to solo if I'm not heavily twinked out? For example, would FoB Ssythrax be safe for a level 31 monk, or is there a safer place for me to solo? Any suggestions or agreements would be greatly appreciated! :)

falkun
06-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Since you aren't restricted to kiting as a monk, I would try to dungeon as much as possible. ZEMs are amazing when you can utilize them. Sorry, but I don't have any specific ideas for which dungeons to go to for soloing, although MM is a typical dungeon for the 30s crowd to hang out in.

Hithrohir
06-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Unless you have a fungi tunic, I wouldn't recommend the Sythrax cave at 31. I tried at that level, having pretty good gear (generally in the FBSS, Jade Mace, HBC category) and they just hit too hard. Between fairly high melee output and contant 30dmg procs, they'd do way too much damage for it to be efficient grinding. If you have to sit and regenerate health the natural way after each kill, it'll be shitty leveling. Stick to very low blues where you can generally sustain yourself on bind wounds and mend without having to rest for several minutes all the time.

I can't recommend most dungeons either. Caster mobs are too overpowered, especially for a class that has literally no way of interrupting spells at all. You really want a place with only melee mobs, and preferably where you won't have to feign split them. Even though the class can do it, it ruins your leveling efficiency, especially at these levels where FD still fails regularly. If you don't want to run around in an outdoor zone looking for wandering mobs, you might try Unrest. There's a nice room downstairs with mobs in little alcoves around a kind of sacrificial thingy. Maybe Highkeep guards, I can't remember exactly when they're grindable.

Messianic
06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Unless you have a fungi tunic, I wouldn't recommend the Sythrax cave at 31. I tried at that level, having pretty good gear (generally in the FBSS, Jade Mace, HBC category) and they just hit too hard. Between fairly high melee output and contant 30dmg procs, they'd do way too much damage for it to be efficient grinding. If you have to sit and regenerate health the natural way after each kill, it'll be shitty leveling. Stick to very low blues where you can generally sustain yourself on bind wounds and mend without having to rest for several minutes all the time.

I can't recommend most dungeons either. Caster mobs are too overpowered, especially for a class that has literally no way of interrupting spells at all. You really want a place with only melee mobs, and preferably where you won't have to feign split them. Even though the class can do it, it ruins your leveling efficiency, especially at these levels where FD still fails regularly. If you don't want to run around in an outdoor zone looking for wandering mobs, you might try Unrest. There's a nice room downstairs with mobs in little alcoves around a kind of sacrificial thingy. Maybe Highkeep guards, I can't remember exactly when they're grindable.

The HK guards range in level from 25-30 (a few low 20s, a bunch are 25ish), so they might be really good.