PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with RED99

Knuckle
06-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Are we being trolled or is something actually going to release, what is a status update, OMG I've got a level 15 monk on blue server.

ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28626

I'll be on Hulu watching the 4 most recent SNL's, expect to see my name Knuckle given back to me if red99 isnt coming.

Doors
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-DdJWGGzt7EQ/TYJqu9QH4wI/AAAAAAAAAYU/5GPxmIBIE6A/s1600/avatar_447619_1.gif.png

senna
06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
I wonder how many people will be ready to steal the name knuckle on red99 launch

Knuckle
06-08-2011, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M60rLoCbbo

Doors
06-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm actually surprised more bluebs aren't interested in a red box. Considering the threads I see here now, one of which is a JCP camp line dispute over 10 pages, you'd think more people would like to play on a server where instead of bitching about camp rights you can just murder whoever is holding said camp and take it.

Kill opposition, skip the 24 hour line, take camp, profit.

Troy
06-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm interested only because it will be the first (and possibly only) chance I'll ever have to play on a fresh EQ server. I hate EQ PVP though and likely will come back here within a week or so.

Izzni
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm actually surprised more bluebs aren't interested in a red box. Considering the threads I see here now, one of which is a JCP camp line dispute over 10 pages, you'd think more people would like to play on a server where instead of bitching about camp rights you can just murder whoever is holding said camp and take it.

Yeah! And if they kill you instead of you kill them then just cheat harder!

Knuckle
06-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah! And if they kill you instead of you kill them then just cheat harder!

Yeah i usually hook up my super hacks after the first attempt. It's called Game Genie Turbo X

Rushmore
06-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Knuckle you won't be able to get your name most likely.

There is a retarded filter when you create a toon.

Hall
Cain
Rushmore

Did not work.

And I'm not that cool that someone picked all 3 names of mine just to block me. You have to make a fantasy name it looks like.

Knuckle
06-08-2011, 08:00 PM
someone actually has the name knuckle that quit playing here like 9 months ago. They refuse to give me my name back even tho they quit playing.

Tsuken
06-08-2011, 08:37 PM
He might come back.

And it's not classic to get your name back :P I remember I deleted my first char on classic, (because I picked iksar female by accident and found out when I started jumping...) and I couldn't even use the name again.

Autotune
06-08-2011, 09:10 PM
wtf is red99 and is it real yet?

Rushmore
06-08-2011, 09:22 PM
it is a made believe server

Asher
06-09-2011, 12:22 PM
How did this red99 turd thread get started in this forum? Didn't they give you your own to turd it up?

Asher

Asher
06-09-2011, 12:24 PM
He might come back.

And it's not classic to get your name back :P I remember I deleted my first char on classic, (because I picked iksar female by accident and found out when I started jumping...) and I couldn't even use the name again.

That is not true. I did it several times on live. Created any toon with a name I wanted and then later deleted the toon and made another toon with the same name. I have also done it on this server.

Asher

Knightmare
06-09-2011, 03:26 PM

I'm not sure having the ability to kill people is what they're looking for. That might put a measure of control and/or responsibility in their own hands. I haven't seen them asking for that, but rather the control, and blame there-of, to be in the hands of others while still getting their "well balanced" view of what fairness is. They want to get their way, without getting their own hands dirty. Red99 would not answer their hope. They would sit back afraid to get involved and complain about how that isn't fair, because the better geared, or bigger grouped people always get their way. The only difference would be who people blame, and it's never themselves.

Knuckle
06-09-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure having the ability to kill people is what they're looking for. That might put a measure of control and/or responsibility in their own hands. I haven't seen them asking for that, but rather the control, and blame there-of, to be in the hands of others while still getting their "well balanced" view of what fairness is. They want to get their way, without getting their own hands dirty. Red99 would not answer their hope. They would sit back afraid to get involved and complain about how that isn't fair, because the better geared, or bigger grouped people always get their way. The only difference would be who people blame, and it's never themselves.

I can tell you right now, you never saw anyone crying about camps or raid mobs. VERY RARELY you'd see someone say randomize when raid mobs spawn because x guild could get to it at 4am. If there was a dispute due to a zone crash or trains there'd be a thread, thats about the extent of QQ between camps/raid mobs.

Messianic
06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
That is not true. I did it several times on live. Created any toon with a name I wanted and then later deleted the toon and made another toon with the same name. I have also done it on this server.

Asher

I had the opposite experience - my very first character on live had a certain name - i attempted to delete him and re-create as a different/race-class, but it wouldn't take. I tried this every few weeks thereafter, then gave up. But I never got the name back, so I had to alter my new character's name as a result.

Knuckle
06-09-2011, 04:07 PM
No red/green/blue name respone to thread yet, wtf is going on.

I honestly don't care if someone is just trolling that red99 is not coming out or not, I just think the community needs an update, we've been left in the dark for months, I hear some rumour of tornados affecting development, but no blue/red/green post confirming anything at all.

Rushmore
06-09-2011, 04:16 PM
they are having fun with us

Knuckle
06-09-2011, 04:20 PM
No red/green/blue name respone to thread yet, wtf is going on.

I honestly don't care if someone is just trolling that red99 is not coming out or not, I just think the community needs an update, we've been left in the dark for months, I hear some rumour of tornados affecting development, but no blue/red/green post confirming anything at all.

/\/\/\/\/\ knuckle voice of the red sea

Pariad
06-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Nobody cares.

wehrmacht
06-09-2011, 05:17 PM
http://cdn3.pjtv.com/content-images/Jihad-yes-we-can.jpg

http://betsyblogtime.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/islamic-jihad.jpg

http://www.addiszefen.com/zena/images/IslamicJihadMissile.gif

Envious
06-10-2011, 05:15 AM

Still waiting for you to show where I said evolution was a law in my post on the cat pic thread...

Get out of the R99 threads until you can pull weight.

Knuckle
06-10-2011, 11:37 AM
i care

Knightmare
06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Still waiting for you to show where I said evolution was a law in my post on the cat pic thread...

Get out of the R99 threads until you can pull weight.

Actually, I haven't even checked that thread since my last post. You seemed to be taking it personally with arrogant condescending replies, figured I'd just let it go before you blew a gasket heh. Funny of you to come back with more of the same presumption and arrogance here. Fine..

Also, its been proven that dogs have evolved with people.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proven (See definition #2 Proven = Law.) It has not been proven.

Now, perhaps I misunderstood your meaning or use of the term, or perhaps you toss the word 'proven' about too carelessly in this case. If you don't mean the word to be used by it's given definition, don't use it. Or at least explain yourself better, so as to avoid confusion. The difference between law and theory is what is proven, and what is accepted as a true theory based on current knowledge. In any event, you asked, so there's your answer. You explained evolution as "proven" when it has not been, which was my original point in my very first post.

Also, it's not for you to decide where anyone can and cannot post, especially not when it's based on your own misguided assumptions. Hell, you can barely control yourself, much less anyone else. Sorry you raged over this so hard through multiple threads. Rather than derail more threads with your insightful viewpoints on this feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to discuss it in a mature manner if you can manage it.

Now as for the rest.. I care too! But I have seen people on RZ rage over raids or camps not being fair, they eventually just quit of course, lol, but they still cried first :)

Knuckle
06-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Knuckle, the voice of red99, we need status updates or some sort of answer that says: hey, we are working towards a release.

Tell us something thats been going on, green/red/blue/yellow/orange/teal response from dev.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=314469#post314469

cmon!

soup
06-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Now, perhaps I misunderstood your meaning or use of the term, or perhaps you toss the word 'proven' about too carelessly in this case.

Aren't you the guy who thought that theories can graduate into laws? lol

JayDee
06-16-2011, 07:16 PM
You got trolled bro

notahipster
06-16-2011, 09:45 PM

Never thought of it like that.

This could end a lot of disputes. not just camps. (:
and GM grief / involvement in petty issues would reduce.
but no one wants Red PvP

they want Saturday night Sissyfights hosted in every zone

(intense text-based Pvp war via /tell /ooc /petition)

Knuckle
06-16-2011, 10:02 PM
hipster its true, the only complaints on red servers are trains, and you can usually fraps those. gms hate governing red servers cuz players like dohee grief lowbees trying to level up by using macroquest to secure kills. its sad and pathetic, but otherwise if you make it to endgame the pvp and raids are a blast, lots of fierce fighting.

Anyway, I think we are being trolled but I will continue this crusade for all the other red players out there hoping rogean will give us hope.

notahipster
06-16-2011, 10:29 PM
it seems like most of the issues for a GM in a pvp server could be resolved before it even released (ways to identify hackers, finding exploits, even initially limiting to 1 character for a while.)

the issues for a GM in pve however are constant and nothing can really change it short of ignoring it (which can lead to more drama) or involving yourself in it (putting fuel on the fire).

theoretical Red Server petition -

David Gnome petitions : Man i pissed some guys off CB grp and leaving group, and now they kicked me from the group and camp my corpse, and i cant get it back.

Good PVP GM- /tell david gnome *Link* ( to the twitter page where your kill was logged or a forum page screenshot) So i guess you were the guy who stole the shiny brass shield off the trainer group, and got killed? Time To Re-Roll maybe?

i would love a forum page just for confirmed kills. ONLY if u have a screen shot though.
would love to look back 3 years from now and remember it fondly lol.

notahipster
06-16-2011, 10:41 PM
if we were trolled.
the best revenge is living well ( i know i know, unlikely for a lot of us.)

but we could always get together and do something on another server if we actually networked and got something done. promote it heavily for a bit.

worked for when i started the blackburrow bandits. it just took Some work.
there was over 30 active guys quest-only gear when i quit. i hope they still are going well too (:

it seemed like a silly idea in infancy but it worked in time. in the time we've been talking about hoping PvP im sure the desire to relive it has faded from some peoples minds. i also am sure we could do more to do it ourselves?

but ive been reading these posts. and no offense to Warmecht or whatever but, these servers really seem like flavor of the week things. i could be wrong. but i think if we picked an Emu server with a low population. thats isnt badly coded. we could have one hell of a fun time! and could prolly have something ready by july.

just my opinion

Bardalicious
06-16-2011, 10:57 PM
The illusion of Red99 brought some of the PVP community to their blue server to boost population. Mission accomplished.

See you on the next random_pvp_box001 pals.

gnomishfirework
06-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Aren't you the guy who thought that theories can graduate into laws? lol

Hahhahaa, did he say that? Why do people open their mouths when they are ignorant?

Are people still too dumb to google? Though, I guess if you are too dumb to realize some intelligent design or religious website isn't a valid source of information.

Knuckle
06-17-2011, 01:40 AM
keep this thread alive.

Bootcamp
06-17-2011, 02:07 AM
Here's how you open red99:

copy everything from blue99, make everyone tagged red. Done.

Tiggles
06-17-2011, 10:17 AM
never happening

Knuckle
06-17-2011, 01:19 PM
starting to look like its never happening

notahipster
06-17-2011, 02:04 PM
do i have to be the organizer?

Lets all pick a date. how about 4th of july weekend?

Friday, July 1st. 8pm EST

We all roll chars on Eqtitan
hand in discord note. and whoever comes and plays comes and plays.
of course it would have to be honor system. since we arent GM's .

sadly though i dont think most can handle an honor system though,
never quite understood how hackers / cheaters / exploiters got any feeling of accomplishment from what they were doing? i could see doing it to mess with a friend or something but blah.