PDA

View Full Version : siblisian berserker cloak

baalzy
06-09-2011, 04:44 PM
So, theres been a bug in about this for a while now.

Nilbog stated that it does drop, just very rarely.

Uthguard did a db query at the end of april and showed that 0 cloaks had dropped at that point.

With some recent ninja-changes to item drop rates I'm wondering if maybe this has been changed?

Has anyone found one of these yet or at least seen somebody wearing one? I'm fairly convinced that a rounding issue is causing the cloak to have a 0% drop-rate, either that or some larger bug is in play here and stopping the cloak from dropping. 2months and counting of Seb being farmed and not a single cloak has dropped just seems a bit much.

The bug thread:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33850

randomer
06-09-2011, 05:23 PM
yea seems to me the sbc is far too rare or like you say doesnt drop at all, and the rbg is too common

Dantes
06-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey shut up about the RBG. I don't have one yet... it's not THAT common ;)

Phallax
06-10-2011, 11:12 AM
SBC was always hella rare. There were like a total of 3-4 on Tunare by the time luclin hit. Thats a lot of farm time for so very few.

naekko
06-10-2011, 11:19 AM
SBC was always hella rare. There were like a total of 3-4 on Tunare by the time luclin hit. Thats a lot of farm time for so very few.

Really, you have proof that there were only 3-4 on Tunare from Kunark to Luclin? They were pretty common on my server with Trak being able to drop one AND it being droppable from any frog. 3-4 my ass.

azeth
06-10-2011, 11:37 AM
it being droppable from any frog.

Kor Shaman + Trak only, no?

edit: you know, it may seem outlandish that with Seb on 24/7 farm status that one hasn't dropped, but when one does drop (if it truely is not bugged) let's say a month from now. Won't that stat actually seem on par with live? Kunark premiers Mar 25, and it takes until July 10 for a Seb cloak to drop.

Is there really anything wrong with a cloak dropping @ the rate of ~1 every 4-5 months? I mean, anyone with a Heiro cloak and better than 26% haste wouldn't use it. So we're already talking about most folks preferring to not wear one, so it's only value is in it's rarity, or obviously to that niche player who needs the haste and doesn't have Heiro.

Extunarian
06-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Really, you have proof that there were only 3-4 on Tunare from Kunark to Luclin? They were pretty common on my server with Trak being able to drop one AND it being droppable from any frog. 3-4 my ass.

Whenever someone says there were "3-4" of something after a year or two I can't help but wonder how low the drop % would have to have been.

I mean, lets say conservatively that ten frogs able to drop the item get killed every hour. For 3 cloaks to drop in one year the drop rate would have to be about 1 in 29,000. I just can't imagine the original developers deeming it necessary to make an item that drops from groupable/soloable content that rare.

Tiggles
06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
I normally don't try and get involved with "This is not how its supposed to be" posts but.

I think that by now at-least ONE would of dropped.

Versus
06-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I mean, anyone with a Heiro cloak and better than 26% haste wouldn't use it. So we're already talking about most folks preferring to not wear one, so it's only value is in it's rarity, or obviously to that niche player who needs the haste and doesn't have Heiro.

I'm confused...Why wouldn't literally ANY melee wear this over a Hiero Cloak? It beats Hiero on every melee stat by 5 at the expense of 25hp, most of which you would recover with the extra 5 to stamina anyway...

Not to mention, weight differencial on SBC vs. Hiero = .01 vs. 1.0

azeth
06-10-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm confused...Why wouldn't literally ANY melee wear a Heiro Cloak over a Seb Cloak? It beats Hiero on every melee stat by 5 at the expense of 25hp, most of which you would recover with the extra 5 to stamina anyway...

Not to mention, weight differencial on SBC vs. Hiero = .01 vs. 1.0

I think this is what you meant. Well, most melee don't receive 5 hp per 1 sta! I mean Azeth, with classic armor and Kunark weapons, was rolling with 255's across the bored buffed, not even buffed by level 60's either. HP is king, also rangers/paladins/sks I'm sure appreciate the int/wis/mana.

Versus
06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
nono reread, im saying anyone who doesn't need the haste from the seb cloak.

I don't need the haste from the Seb Cloak via a RBB, but I'd still use SBC > Hiero. Any melees with belt haste or otherwise would use it too. I'd imagine only if someone is using a CoF would they not make the switch, and even that is debatable. I apologize if I am still misunderstanding. Long day at work~

I just saw your edit. Perhaps I am thinking more from a Monk perspective regarding the weight and +5 str/dex/agi boosts. Also, I am not sure off the top of my head what the ratio is for Sta to HP conversion for me. It would depend on how much health I really lost. If it was 10 or so, I'd opt SBC. 15-20 and I'd have to think a bit more. Regardless, there is a net loss of 25hp and that difference will be alleviated by +5 sta, I don't think the loss would be significant.

azeth
06-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Long day at work~

I also am at work. Today is a very special 'Bruins Jeans Day' actually.

$10 and I get to look like a fucking cowboy with jeans & required dress shoes and button up shirt.

randomer
06-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey shut up about the RBG. I don't have one yet... it's not THAT common ;)

its not that rare for sure, ive seen 4 drop, put in the time and your get one.

Extunarian
06-10-2011, 03:05 PM
its not that rare for sure, ive seen 4 drop, put in the time and your get one.

He was joking. I'm surprised someone had to say that.

Kanz
06-10-2011, 06:23 PM
I find it hard to believe there were only 3-4 in a year on Tunare. My group of friends got 3 in the few months we did Sebilis on SZ. Granted we'd stalk out Kor Shamans while exping but I doubt we put in more than 200 hours for those 3.

Jjlent
06-10-2011, 11:25 PM
azeth r u going to start playing again soon? i want to see u in game rather than forums! come back to us azeth

jrwriter
06-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Sbc had .0002 %drop rate on live was rare as shit and rbg was like .001 %

soup
06-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Sbc had .0002 %drop rate on live was rare as shit and rbg was like .001 %

Those numbers have to be exaggerated. An expected 100,000 kills per RBG? That can't be right.

Hasbinbad
06-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Studies show that 84.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Pariad
06-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I also am at work. Today is a very special 'Bruins Jeans Day' actually.

$10 and I get to look like a fucking cowboy with jeans & required dress shoes and button up shirt.

Azeth for president.

Haul
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Studies show that 84.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

lol