PDA

View Full Version : Group spots

DevGrousis
06-10-2011, 01:33 PM
I am back in the game part part time, and since the enc solo tactics took a slight hit, i thought i'd just get back into grouping full time. 40-45 where can an enc find groups?

baalzy
06-10-2011, 01:35 PM
40-45... Dreadlands and then move into KC if you're looking to PUG it.

Lguk could theoretically work, but you'd have to form your own group most likely. City of Mist is another great zone but you'd have to bring your own group there too.

Extunarian
06-10-2011, 02:00 PM
30-50 my chanter's motto is: Don't find groups - find a mage!

DevGrousis
06-10-2011, 02:05 PM
30-50 my chanter's motto is: Don't find groups - find a mage!

hows that work? elaborate please? :)

Yeah, being that I just came off a large break, I dont even know if any of my friends are still active. i just want to be able to pop into a zone and spam lfg lol

baalzy
06-10-2011, 02:17 PM
You tash mob, mage malos mob. You charm. Your charms should now be somewhat reliable now. You two tear everything else up. Have mage use earth pet so that your target mobs are rooted so you can handle charm breaks. Keep rune up at all times.

Or the safer route, use your pet. Pull mob, mage sends pet. Run in, take one hit so your pet starts attacking too. Slow mob so mage doesn't need to heal his pet as often. Crack on both of you to keep mana flowing, chain pull.

karsten
06-10-2011, 02:24 PM
sup dev how you doing buddy

Rasah
06-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Mages are straight up raping machines up to level 50. The only weakness to a mage is that there is no crowd control. Team up with a mage, and it's easier for the mage to enter zones with higher ZEM. Add clarity, and there is a synergy where the mage won't mind carrying you so much.

tokso
06-10-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't know why people say enchanters can't solo well anymore without charm. I soloed very well with the regular old enchanter pet all the way to 50.

I don't kill as fast as my mage but I have less downtime and can easily solo in dungeons for the higher ZEM, due to lull and other CC. I did 40-50 in just a few days of soloing in CoM.

Messianic
06-10-2011, 02:53 PM
I did 40-50 in just a few days of soloing in CoM.

I think this will be the best spot for ya Dev :) I probably won't be free for the next 7 days for any serious playing time, but we'll group eventually - Necro + Chanter ftw! :D

Extunarian
06-10-2011, 03:03 PM

Yeah, being that I just came off a large break, I dont even know if any of my friends are still active. i just want to be able to pop into a zone and spam lfg lol

Basically what other people have echoed: Mages are CC-less murder machines whose DPS potential is directly related to mana regen. You add CC, clarity, haste (and slow if you feel like it) and you can go basically anywhere.

Grab an lfg priest of any kind and charm becomes really safe. The one thing I hate most about my chanter is that I'm almost always limited by HP regen, not mana.