PDA

View Full Version : OT hammer (max KoS) - is it worth it?

tekniq
06-12-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm max KoS with VS faction. I also can't find any puppet strings for sale. Will it take me forever to try to raise it by doing the war braids or is there any faster way for me to raise my faction? or should I just give up completely?

Amelinda
06-12-2011, 05:45 PM
I have yet to do this quest. And have no inside knowledge but just a suggestion here....(And i'm not even bothering to go con the NPC. I am just throwing this out there.....) is it possible for an enchanter to dictate the NPC and you be able to do the hand in?

tekniq
06-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I heard if he's charmed, then he will only be indifferent faction

jerus
06-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Naw other people's charmed NPCs con indifferent to others and you need amiable? for quest. Options are get faction or use Puppet strings to my knowledge.

I know Allah isn't completely in sync with p99 but THIS LINK (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=156) should show some of the options for faction.

Amelinda
06-12-2011, 05:55 PM
ahh. then imo do the quest and hold the items till you find some puppet strings.

Comapavik
06-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Braids not worth it to go from max KoS. Unless you have nothing but time and patience, I would get the strings. Took me forever to go from apprehensive to amiable.

What makes it even tougher is how many people are also trying to collect the braids, so you'll be competing with them. Just get a charge off someone's puppet strings.

tekniq
06-12-2011, 06:26 PM
I've been in the puppet string market for months now with nada

Toehammer
06-12-2011, 06:55 PM
puppet strings are a fantasy

i've done 350 braids so far from dubious to apprehensive... should only be a hundred more or so

if you are max KoS, don't bother... it would take >500 braids to go from max KoS

if you stumble on a miracle and get puppet strings, then that is cool, but don't hold your breath

Kanz
06-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Just going to hold out for my thurgadin pots

Cone
06-12-2011, 11:10 PM
ok so if u really want puppet strings, u kinda gotta offer 15k a charge.

i did, IMO its worth it when max kos

for that change people come out of the woodworks

Dr4z3r
06-13-2011, 10:13 AM
For a non-gater, it's worth it (not that I've ever done it).

falkun
06-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I did fine without it on live as a paladin. On P99, now that I have it (easy as a bard w/ charm, thank god no faction work), I couldn't imagine not having it.

Honestly though, if you are a raider, it should almost be required so that non-gaters can gather on raid targets more easily. As any other type of player, its definitely nice, but not necessary.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
06-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Anyone have experience getting from max KoS to dubious/apprehensive?

That's what I'm going for right now. I want the gate hammer (I already have a charge of puppet strings lined up) so I can sell at the Outpost.

Someone told me it takes 80 turn ins to get from max KoS to apprehensive. Can anyone confirm?

Toehammer
06-20-2011, 12:51 AM

That's what I'm going for right now. I want the gate hammer (I already have a charge of puppet strings lined up) so I can sell at the Outpost.

Someone told me it takes 80 turn ins to get from max KoS to apprehensive. Can anyone confirm?

totally wrong, took me over 300 to go from dubious to apprehensive

that was about 2 months ago, so unless they have changed it expect those sort of numbers (i stopped counting after 300 but it switched from dubious to apprehensive after several more turn ins)

Dantes
06-20-2011, 01:07 AM

Doubtful. Took me 144 turn ins to get from Apprehensive to Amiable.

odizzido
06-20-2011, 09:37 AM
It took me 320 braids on my ogre SK.

You would need some insane amount, like 1300, to get that hammer with faction. Assuming that it is even possible to get that high. I am not sure how the faction works on this server since I haven't tested it out yet.

Lill-Leif
06-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Are there no pesky elves or similar I can kill for VS faction? :(

falkun
06-20-2011, 10:17 AM
I've heard dragons in VP give VS faction, you could always stroll in there and solo up some faction.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
06-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Verily, I shall strut into the bowels of Veeshan's Peek and dole out wrath with my Springwood Club and inefficient Cleric evocation spells. You say a key is required? Balderdash, I say! For no mere dragon's magic could withstand the fierce determination of a violet-armored Cleric of Innoruuk!

Enderenter
06-20-2011, 11:16 AM

No, I have heard it is over a thousand to get from max KoS to amiable - so it's definitely more than 80 to get to apprehensive.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
06-20-2011, 11:33 AM
No, I have heard it is over a thousand to get from max KoS to amiable - so it's definitely more than 80 to get to apprehensive.

Over 1000 turn ins, or 1000 braids?

Enderenter
06-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Over 1000 turn ins, or 1000 braids?

Braids, so somewhere above 250 turnins.

Morlaeth
06-20-2011, 02:32 PM
puppet strings

baalzy
06-20-2011, 02:36 PM
puppet strings

Hard to get... since the people who have them don't really seem willing to sell off charges all that often. Last time I heard of someone successfully buying a puppet string charge it cost them 15k (which ultimately is probably worth it, but the classes who need the OT hammer the most typically can't farm very well).

Do you know how much it costs to recharge a puppet string?

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
06-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Everyone keeps spamming me saying "puppet strings". Yes, I know, I'm going to use puppet strings but the reason why I want the hammer is so I can sell at the Outpost. I know I'm able to bank (as long as the guard doesn't path in while I'm there) but selling is what I really want to be able to do

mwatt
06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
If your faction is high enough to turn in braids, then the hammer is most definitely worth any amount of work needed to get braids.

If it is not, then it's still worth, the question just becomes if you can make it possible or not. Apparently, puppet strings are the only way in this case.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
06-21-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm KoS, I've been doing braid turn ins by having a Ranger / Druid snare and pull Rottgrime out of the outpost, and zone into SF. The Druid / Ranger comes back in, Rottgrime is standing between the Outpost and SF zone and he harmonies him. If I stand at max distance I'm able to hand in all of my braids and get faction/exp/the stupid shield he keeps giving me. It works really well!

DevGrousis
06-22-2011, 03:43 AM
ok so if u really want puppet strings, u kinda gotta offer 15k a charge.

i did, IMO its worth it when max kos

for that change people come out of the woodworks

winning post lol

Seaweedpimp
06-22-2011, 03:49 AM
I'm KoS, I've been doing braid turn ins by having a Ranger / Druid snare and pull Rottgrime out of the outpost, and zone into SF. The Druid / Ranger comes back in, Rottgrime is standing between the Outpost and SF zone and he harmonies him. If I stand at max distance I'm able to hand in all of my braids and get faction/exp/the stupid shield he keeps giving me. It works really well!

Just wanted to pop in and say your avatar disgusts me.

Every

Single

Time

Athosblack
06-22-2011, 02:31 PM
What mobs do braids drop from and who do you turn them in to?
Cheers

baalzy
06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
braids drop from Sarnak Berserkers in OT. You turn them in to General Rottgrimm inside the outpost.

Tewaz
06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I read an Alla post that said mobs in VP give huger amounts of Outpost faction. (This is a post from like 2007ish) Anyways, the poster said he was max KOS with the Outpost and after killing about 75 trash mobs in VP, his faction could not get any higher with the Outpost. I know most people don't have access to VP, but if you do, this might be an option after it gets verified.

baalzy
06-22-2011, 02:49 PM
VP isn't in the game yet and it requires a raid force to kill any mob in there.

The quest for the key is also a pain in the ass.

tekniq
06-23-2011, 04:16 PM
so i paid 15k for puppet strings.

Swish
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
so i paid 15k for puppet strings.

Someone offered me 1 charge of their puppet strings for 20k to do the quest. I politely declined.

Worth noting that you can't actually proc the hammer until 50, so unless you want to do KC in a hurry, don't feel rushed to get it any sooner.

Galanteer
06-23-2011, 11:26 PM
or wait for velious and the ornate velium pendant (clicky alliance all/all)

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
06-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say your avatar disgusts me.

Every

Single

Time

Success.