PDA

View Full Version : How much work for iksar monk to train in fp

Cippofra
06-14-2011, 12:10 AM
So I have an iksar monk that I would prefer to keep close to ec and explore old world content. How difficult is it to be able to train with the monks in freeport?

Sajan
06-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Iksar Monks, from my experience, are dubious to the Monk guild in Freeport. This allows you to walk into the guild unharmed, granted you make it past the 140-150 hitting guards at the gate! However, you'll need to sneak to be able to train with the guild masters there without any serious faction work.

Slust
06-14-2011, 12:24 AM
You'll definitely need to kill a few hundred level 5-16 orcs in EC and WC. My monk is 21 and kills most of them pretty quick like... but hours and hours of killing orcs and I'm still KoS.

Zigfreed
06-14-2011, 01:00 AM
The way to do it is to get a few bags full of DF belts, like 40 or so belts, and turn them into whomever it is that takes them in wfp. This will require wolf form to do.

Tewaz
06-14-2011, 01:12 AM
reroll human

Slust
06-14-2011, 01:44 AM
The way to do it is to get a few bags full of DF belts, like 40 or so belts, and turn them into whomever it is that takes them in wfp. This will require wolf form to do.

This also obliterates your faction with North Freeport, just something to keep in mind if you were looking to bank there instead of Neriak.

Sajan
06-14-2011, 02:06 AM
This also obliterates your faction with North Freeport, just something to keep in mind if you were looking to bank there instead of Neriak.

This is only the case if you turn the belts into Captain Hazran, not Cain Darkmoore.

I brought my Iksar over to the mainland around level 12, mainly due to my addiction to the Oasis of Marr. With the right resources (other characters with money around Freeport) or friends, you can easily grab a couple of Cloudy Potions from the herb shop near the Monk guild. This will allow you to move freely past the guards for the few trips you have to make to the guild. As I said before, in my experience, my Iksar Monk started out dubious to the Monks in Freeport. With a few invis potions and Sneak (Lvl 8) I was able to train all my skills up to Feign Death from Puab Closk easily, before moving back to Kunark. After a few server crashes I was able to hang out in West Freeport and get 2 faction hits from Paladins killing Lucan D`Lere, which put me around Apprehensive with North Freeport, the only Freeport zone that really matters.

Breuce
06-14-2011, 02:34 AM
I wish I had better help for you, I really do.

But on Live, I was way way KOS to the gate guards, but could invis or flop my way to the bank, and also flop my way to the monk guild and train if need be, and while I don't remember specifically what work I did... because I don't remember what it was, it must not have been particularly oppressive ;) Just hope I'm remembering right ;P

Slust
06-14-2011, 04:04 AM
This is only the case if you turn the belts into Captain Hazran, not Cain Darkmoore.

Well then, I stand corrected.

Swish
06-14-2011, 09:52 AM
..and rumour has it that CB belts can be handed in okay to both Captain Hazran and Cain Darkmoore - and the DeathfistOrcs/CrushboneOrcs faction is in fact the same faction by a different name.

Something worth trying, as its certainly easier to clear CB for belts although you won't see the positive Freeport hits while killing orcs in CB itself.

Messianic
06-14-2011, 10:27 AM
I wish I had better help for you, I really do.

But on Live, I was way way KOS to the gate guards, but could invis or flop my way to the bank, and also flop my way to the monk guild and train if need be, and while I don't remember specifically what work I did... because I don't remember what it was, it must not have been particularly oppressive ;) Just hope I'm remembering right ;P

You can take the sewers from WFP to NFP fairly easily without having to train the newbie militia guards ;)

Enderenter
06-14-2011, 12:01 PM
It's really not that bad. Kill orcs for a while (which give Nfp faction and monk faction), turn in deathfist belts using Shared Wolf Form (which give Wfp faction, and lower Nfp faction), and you should have it fairly quickly. It's definitely not a ton of faction work. Alternatively, you can turn in about 100 orc scalps in Highpass.

Kanz
06-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Alternatively, you can turn in about 100 orc scalps in Highpass.

This, kill orcs in Highpass or even west commons and turn in the scalps. Took like 3 hours of faction grinding at level 25 and I'm free to walk around north freeport, west freeport, and qeynos.

agalig2
09-13-2011, 10:34 AM
here's what i did. (sneak required)

1) get someone to invis you and turn in 12 df belts to west freeport captain of war guild
2) you will now be dubious to west freeport
3) do the fabian gold quest in east freeport repeatedly to get faction up with knights of truth (nfp guards).

as of now im dubious to everyone in fp except the spellcasters

iksar monk of cazic thule

Resil
09-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Im troll. And now you can see me killing orcs in Kithikor forest. But i think is a little buged. Remember from old times the nameds have a bit more hit on faction compared by orcs and Gnolls of High Pass Hold.

... (have 6 hour killing orcs and dont stand up from threateningly to Dub.)

Ennoia
09-13-2011, 03:41 PM
You'll definitely need to kill a few hundred level 5-16 orcs in EC and WC. My monk is 21 and kills most of them pretty quick like... but hours and hours of killing orcs and I'm still KoS.

Don't orcs in Highpass also give FP faction?

cadiz
09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Don't orcs in Highpass also give FP faction?

I believe they only give highkeep resident, carson mcabe, qeynos faction etc.

mitic
09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
u are still 100x faster running without ports to cabillis every time you need to train a skill than getting to indif in wfp

Hijynx
09-13-2011, 07:49 PM
On live I used to use wolf form, idk if it works on here though.

lethdar
09-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Just sneak behind them.