PDA

View Full Version : So i think i got banned...

Zinramm
06-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Solution:
Originally Posted by Winobot
"When you request an exemption, they "flag" the accounts you specify. You can’t log in just any two random accounts. My guess is, in your exemption post, you didn’t specify this second/new account."

Thank you Winobot.

-Original post below-
Here's what happened: there's two people in my house that play EQ, and i made a second account to start an alt i may eventually sell on, and had my friend log it in on their PC while i gave my alt some cash and items from my main. it all seemed fine, but then i realized i can't log that second account in on my PC anymore, i relogged it from the other PC and it worked fine, and both me and my friend can use our mains but i can't relog the new one on my PC, and i've waited about an hour now for it to reset.. Maybe it's just a fluke, but did i do something that would get that account automatically banned?

PS: It says It's a temporary IP block. but this PC can access other accounts.
PPS: Should add that my friends PC Crashed while logging the second account out, but was able to log it back in after, and successfully log out.

Warning to anyone who finds this thread with the same problem in the distant future.. below this line lies forum trolls.
---------------------------------------------------------

Skope
06-14-2011, 11:02 AM
is your friend imaginary?

Zinramm
06-14-2011, 11:03 AM
No. I'm not trying to twobox, infact i agree with the no twoboxing rule.

Ihealyou
06-14-2011, 11:40 AM
The temporary IP block usually only lasts a couple of minutes after you log out. Its there to prevent people from logging in two accounts at once. You didn't do anything to get banned, so its probably some bug preventing the block from being removed.

Knuckle
06-14-2011, 11:45 AM
young boxxer KO'd

Zinramm
06-14-2011, 11:51 AM
The temporary IP block usually only lasts a couple of minutes after you log out. Its there to prevent people from logging in two accounts at once. You didn't do anything to get banned, so its probably some bug preventing the block from being removed.

That seems to be the case, is there anything i can do on this end to refresh it?

@skope and knuckle Don't you have anything better to do besides troll people who are actually looking for a little help?
Can i get your toon names for my do not group list please? :D

Enderenter
06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
@skope and knuckle Don't you have anything better to do besides troll people who are actually looking for a little help?

They do (hopefully) have better things to do, but the forum culture is pressing them to act this way.

Ihealyou
06-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Don't hate on knuckle, he's actually a sweetie once you get to know him.

I'm not really sure what you can do. All I can think of is to leave eq completely alone for like 10 or 15 minutes and see if its fixes itself. If that doesn't work, resetting your router might do something. And if that doesn't work, I'm lost :(

Bruno
06-14-2011, 12:08 PM
It would say your account is banned if it was. Go for a jog or something.

Zinramm
06-14-2011, 12:08 PM

I'm not really sure what you can do. All I can think of is to leave eq completely alone for like 10 or 15 minutes and see if its fixes itself. If that doesn't work, resetting your router might do something. And if that doesn't work, I'm lost :(

I'm mostly kidding about the list thing, do wish RnF would stay in RnF though.

Aaand my friend just died so it's a perfect time to go reset the router :D
Hope this works..

Knuckle
06-14-2011, 12:09 PM

Oh I'm glad to see you back in action young healer! forums missed your subtle presence and artwork

Zinramm
06-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Interesting.. I reset the router and was able to log my second account in, then my main account.. then my friend logged in and my second account is now blocked again but my main one works. Do i need a three person exemption to run three accounts from one router two at a time?

Skope
06-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Zinramm, if it was petition/ban related it shouldn't be in general chat. TBQH i'm surprised this thread is still here and not locked and or redirected. At least make it in RnF so we can get some jabs in.

If you have an issue with not being able to log in because you think it's a ban you sure as hell shouldn't be posting it in general chat but in the petition forum.

Lastly, there were some people who would EC mule and/or two box for months and didn't get caught until quite a while later. Maybe your claim is legitimate and you're not two-boxing, but i'm pessimistic and inclined to disagree.

And you *would* need to note that you need 3 IPs for 3 people on 3 separate machines.

EDIT: do you even have an IP exemption?

Zinramm
06-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Zinramm, if it was petition/ban related it shouldn't be in general chat. TBQH i'm surprised this thread is still here and not locked and or redirected. At least make it in RnF so we can get some jabs in.

If you have an issue with not being able to log in because you think it's a ban you sure as hell shouldn't be posting it in general chat but in the petition forum.

Lastly, there were some people who would EC mule and/or two box for months and didn't get caught until quite a while later. Maybe your claim is legitimate and you're not two-boxing, but i'm pessimistic and inclined to disagree.

And you *would* need to note that you need 3 IPs for 3 people on 3 separate machines.

EDIT: do you even have an IP exemption?

Yes, i have two people in the house we have an IP exemption. I'm asking for help with a legit problem, And i don't think it was a ban from a GM, but a server/connection glitch causing the "Temporary" block. Just because someone wants to have their alt on a separate account as their main, and happens to have had an IP exemption for months, that makes them a twoboxer? I don't like your logic. So can the "Oh noes ban the twoboxer" bullcrap end here please? I just want to play my alt.
Anyone that levels accounts to sell and has someone that plays with them in the same house would have the same
Yeeahh this threads gonna be locked, thanks to the people that actually tried to offer help.

Skope
06-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Name of thread is "So I think i got banned..."

Furthermore, with an IP exemption I don't think you would have account lockout. It sounds to me you don't have an IP exemption anymore, hence your problems. Again, you should head to the petition forum and not here.

Zinramm
06-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Name of thread is "So I think i got banned..."

Furthermore, with an IP exemption I don't think you would have account lockout. It sounds to me you don't have an IP exemption anymore, hence your problems. Again, you should head to the petition forum and not here.

Maybe you should read my post, the IP Exemption is obviously working because two accounts are currently online. I can log mine off and back on no problem, as can my friend, the issue is that my second account cannot log in at the same time as my friends account. And yeah, the thread title was a bad idea big deal.

Winobot
06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
When you request an exemption, they "flag" the accounts you specify. You can’t log in just any two random accounts. My guess is, in your exemption post, you didn’t specify this second/new account.

Zinramm
06-14-2011, 01:14 PM
When you request an exemption, they "flag" the accounts you specify. You can’t log in just any two random accounts. My guess is, in your exemption post, you didn’t specify this second/new account.

Ah yes, that would be the problem exactly. Can i get a third account added, or should i just forget any possibility of selling this alt and make it on the same account? and thanks for the response.

Winobot
06-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I can't answer that - perhaps try and update your post in the Petition/Exploit sub-forum.

Zinramm
06-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I can't answer that - perhaps try and update your post in the Petition/Exploit sub-forum.

I think i'll just remake the char on one account, no need to add to the GM's worklist. and thanks.

xshayla701
06-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Aaand my friend just died so it's a perfect time to go reset the router :D

This had me sad for a second :(