PDA

View Full Version : How is raiding in p99

tefog
06-15-2011, 05:02 PM
just wondering if it even worth it

Stormhowl
06-15-2011, 05:05 PM
just wondering if it even worth it

I think someone else on these forums said a few days (weeks?) ago that if you're not in the top zerg guild, raiding isn't worth it. Just repeating something I vaguely remember, so I could be wrong. Also, I'm mostly just bored. /shrug

Slave
06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
And unfortunately they have one of the dumbest names you've ever heard.

YendorLootmonkey
06-15-2011, 05:16 PM
And unfortunately they have one of the dumbest names you've ever heard.

I dunno, I think < Kimmie and Nalkin > is kinda cute.

Salty
06-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Kinda like this

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3HAEq1F0kX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baalzy
06-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Is that a room full of people spamming an AOE waiting for VS to pop and then as soon as he pops he gets hit by AOE from 50+ people and dies instantly?

Ele
06-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Kinda like this

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3HAEq1F0kX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

Is Harm Touch seriously that OP on Fippy?

azeth
06-15-2011, 05:29 PM
ROFL

its like 2500 or something a pop. also, i read in a diff. thread that those guys actually MQ'd the spawn to kill him that quick.

in reality, tab targetting 13/14 SKs to HT wouldn't take a hell of a lot longer.

Salty
06-15-2011, 07:35 PM
ROFL

Yes

Supaskillz
06-15-2011, 07:57 PM
It depends on what you want out of raiding. If you want to raid dragons you will have to be in a guild that posts trackers during all of the targets windows and sends a mass text msg whenever it spawns for people to log on and race to it. Depending on the target and how much time is left in the window they may also ask people to camp their characters next to the target's spawn point. This causes those guild to mass recruit. One guild is just far better at this than the others and gets Trakanon everytime and many of the other targets as well. You should expect Vox and Naggy to be level restricted to lvl 52 and below soon, but you should also expect the top guild to have an alt team in place camped on one of their spawns. Some people love the track and race style of raiding, some people hate it.

The 3 original planes are pretty open. Many of the guilds go after these and if that is the type of raiding you enjoy there is plenty to be had in plenty of different guilds. Chardok royals are also often avail and raided by a number of different guilds.

JenJen
06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
raiding anything is usually worth it, assuming your guild has a sense of humour about them.

else join TR and get all the hot stuff?

Ronas
06-15-2011, 08:24 PM
raiding scene is fine if it was general track/camping and trying for bosses, but you have some claiming fte without having the required amount of toons there to attempt, or you have one guild clearing while the other jumps over them and tags the boss. Or kiting the bosses around claiming fte and shit like that which makes it frustrating. Kind of really referring to one guild since they so big and dont give two shits about any other guild.

I am mad bro

naekko
06-15-2011, 08:34 PM
raiding scene is fine if it was general track/camping and trying for bosses, but you have some claiming fte without having the required amount of toons there to attempt, or you have one guild clearing while the other jumps over them and tags the boss. Or kiting the bosses around claiming fte and shit like that which makes it frustrating. Kind of really referring to one guild since they so big and dont give two shits about any other guild.

I am mad bro

Are you retarded?

There's a guide / GM at almost every single raid target watching these days. Unless you think the staff on this server is working with TR to fuck over your guild, you're wrong. Kiting is against the rules and will get you fucked. It's always first to engage within reason (with enough present capable of killing, a lone monk throwing a spear can't claim first to engage and grab a mob from a guild).

Morlaeth
06-15-2011, 10:12 PM

I am mad bro

It takes quite a long time to pull Talendor from deep within SF to the OT zone line, dodging other mobs to lessen the amount of mobs in the train. SF's a big zone brew.

Messianic
06-15-2011, 10:19 PM
It takes quite a long time to pull Talendor from deep within SF to the OT zone line, dodging other mobs to lessen the amount of mobs in the train. SF's a big zone brew.

And Chromadracs and those stupid sperm things have a massive aggro range, and are serious bsness.

Hagglebaron
06-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Is jumping over a guild who does most or all of the clearing work considered bad form? Or was that accepted generally on live as fair play.

Morlaeth
06-15-2011, 10:38 PM
And Chromadracs and those stupid sperm things have a massive aggro range, and are serious bsness.

And also, FTE (first to engage) is the primary rule here.

azeth
06-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Are you retarded?

There's a guide / GM at almost every single raid target watching these days. Unless you think the staff on this server is working with TR to fuck over your guild, you're wrong. Kiting is against the rules and will get you fucked. It's always first to engage within reason (with enough present capable of killing, a lone monk throwing a spear can't claim first to engage and grab a mob from a guild).

what is this guy the newest TR app?

brew, i know you're pumped, but save your best BJ techniques for when it counts or when you can at least get some loot out of it.

edit: nah just playing, i also enjoy taking the road most traveled.

M.Bison
06-15-2011, 11:32 PM
save your best BJ techniques for when it counts or when you can at least get some loot out of it.

Is this how loot was handled in Dark Suspension?

azeth
06-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Is this how loot was handled in Dark Suspension?

no we usually just jacked loot from your raid mobs after you wiped

edit: also the "ragequit" tag is hilarious if you remotely knew me.

rage & "azeth" don't often appear together.

M.Bison
06-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Lol, you have been gone far too long.

naekko
06-16-2011, 12:08 AM

edit: also the "ragequit" tag is hilarious if you remotely knew me.

rage & "azeth" don't often appear together.

I have no connection to TR or Ascension. I'm in a casual guild. I just know Ascension gets ass fucked by TR on the regular, fair and square too. I wish your guild would put up a fight so the server wouldn't be dominated by a single guild but I know it's hopeless.

Fists
06-16-2011, 01:22 AM
I love all these people with under 40 posts that think they know everything. LOL@IB's last 6 months of classic EQ amirite?

Akim
06-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Who are all these people.. talking.. TR? I remember the bastards. But am not aware of this transatlantic pile. I need to play again to have to real input in this thread, but I won't, so you're stuck with this.

IMO : I'd say we need to start the server over, Kunark is a bummer and with the fixes that have been made.. Sounds like a blast and a much more "real" economy.

Slave
06-16-2011, 01:50 AM
I have no connection to TR or Ascension. I'm in a casual guild. I just know Ascension gets ass fucked by TR on the regular, fair and square too. I wish your guild would put up a fight so the server wouldn't be dominated by a single guild but I know it's hopeless.

Ascension have been hemmoraging their best people for the last three weeks due to horrendous favoritism. When you have 3 brothers and their irl friends as the only leadership, you get a lot of people in sensitive positions who are completely unsuited to a leadership role. TR is the most dominant that they have ever been at the moment, and for the forseeable future. And it's sad, because that is just a vomitously bad name for a guild.

hdawg06
06-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Is jumping over a guild who does most or all of the clearing work considered bad form? Or was that accepted generally on live as fair play.

This was considered fair game.

I remember on E'Ci the top raiding guild parked a 60mage at trak and would summon the entire guild down before another guild could clear their way. Live raiding was a much different environment than project 1999.

JenJen
06-16-2011, 03:55 AM
I love all these people with under 40 posts that think they know everything. LOL@IB's last 6 months of classic EQ amirite?

yeah - cos talking shit on the forums means you know everything! :p

Ronas
06-16-2011, 04:51 AM
Are you retarded?

Are you retarded? How would you know if a GM is present at every single encounter if you in some casual guild? Cos' you happen to be in on every raid when ame /ooc her presents and shes at every raid that multiple guilds are raiding at same time? Even with a guide there, shes limited to resources and would need to consult with utha/rog which take sometime cos' they actually sleep nowdays.

on a side note, why isnt divinity/vd/tmo pushing TR as well, are you all going to leave it to the smallest raid compable guild to do that?

slave you not quite right about Ascension hemmoraging there best people, DA/fusion was whom hemmorage there best people to TR, so basically whoever is left in ascension fighting against there own friends on top of trying to remake/rebuild a generally new guild from bottoms up.

Morlaeth
06-16-2011, 05:09 AM
no u

hdawg06
06-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Are you retarded? How would you know if a GM is present at every single encounter if you in some casual guild? Cos' you happen to be in on every raid when ame /ooc her presents and shes at every raid that multiple guilds are raiding at same time? Even with a guide there, shes limited to resources and would need to consult with utha/rog which take sometime cos' they actually sleep nowdays.

on a side note, why isnt divinity/vd/tmo pushing TR as well, are you all going to leave it to the smallest raid compable guild to do that?

slave you not quite right about Ascension hemmoraging there best people, DA/fusion was whom hemmorage there best people to TR, so basically whoever is left in ascension fighting against there own friends on top of trying to remake/rebuild a generally new guild from bottoms up.

I think the point trying to be made was that somebody was watching over naggy/vox/trak and not places like hate and fear.

azeth
06-16-2011, 06:42 AM
vomitously bad name for a guild.

you know I seriously do like TR's name, not sure why.

Bubbles
06-16-2011, 07:05 AM
you know I seriously do like TR's name, not sure why.

tbh p99 has never really had good guild names at any point.

I had high hopes for <Beep Beep I'm a Jeep!>, too.

Someone should really just form up <Basement Dwellers> and call it a night or something.

Actually, how about just blank out each guild (Guild_01, Guild_02, etc), use the forum to have ppl randomly suggest like 100 adjectives and nouns and just have one of the guides run a lottery event in EC to figure out which each new guild name would be. Like some strange form of mad libs, it'd be good for a change of pace.

azeth
06-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Think my all time fav EQ guild names are

Cats in Hats
Darkwind
Ascent

YendorLootmonkey
06-16-2011, 09:25 AM
on a side note, why isnt divinity/vd/tmo pushing TR as well.

Because we're not willing to spend that kind of time and effort fighting them over 11-year-old pixels. If we get a raid target every now and then, great. If not, won't be the end of the world.

beeshma_nameless
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Lost Danger Soldier is my favorite guild name - heh something was lost in translation I suspect)

YendorLootmonkey
06-16-2011, 09:53 AM
< My Lil Pwnies >

Winobot
06-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Most of the people here play classic to bask in the era. It’s about experiencing the content, not being the best at doing it.

Gloating about being the best at taking down classic raid encounters is like bragging about being the best at riding a bike with training wheels.

Versus
06-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Think my all time fav EQ guild names are

Cats in Hats
Darkwind
Ascent

Darkwind was a good one. There are indeed some shit ass guild names on this server though.

I'm partial to my old servers dominant guild's name. Short and simple:

Triton

Arkanjil
06-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Best guild name so far has been "Channel 11 News Team"

Aadill
06-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Cats in Hats is my personal favorite. <3

Heebee
06-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Best guild name so far has been "Channel 11 News Team"

It was "Channel 5 News Team", I was a member!

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
06-16-2011, 11:27 AM

*sniff* makes me miss my "BREAKING NEWS" incoming macro.

Morlaeth
06-16-2011, 12:53 PM

there was a guild on my wow server named that

Amelinda
06-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Darkwind was a good one. There are indeed some shit ass guild names on this server though.

I'm partial to my old servers dominant guild's name. Short and simple:

Triton

Triton is a terrific name. It was a terrific guild full of fantastic players who for the most part weren't douches and were a pleasure to play with :)

Wish Krellyk and Giantt and Brodie would come play here. :( And Crohn! how could i forget him

Seaweedpimp
06-17-2011, 01:37 AM
My two favorite guild names back from early nameless server would have to be

1- Shock of Swords
2- Crimson Tempest

Knuckle
06-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Club Fu . Bristlebane.

apio
06-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Tight Underpants!

clacbec
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Landslide !

Slave
06-17-2011, 11:02 AM
In EVE there was a great corporation name called Seal Cub Clubbling Club

bakkily
06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
interesting how this topic really changed

bakkily
06-17-2011, 11:39 AM
over all raiding, if you wanna raid, theres pretty much two top guilds, and about 4 guilds under them that raid the old stuff the top two dont do anymore

ElanoraBryght
06-17-2011, 02:52 PM
over all raiding, if you wanna raid, theres pretty much two top guilds, and about 4 guilds under them that raid the old stuff the top two dont do anymore

Not exactly - I think the only targets guilds don't race for atm are Phinny and Maestro. And even those can see some competition; it just doesn't take a guild raid to kill them, so it's more likely non-raid groups doing the racing.

Draco, CT, Inny, Vox, Naggy, and Kunark content all see usually 3 or 4 guilds and as many as 5 guilds racing unless the spawn happens during off hours.

azeth
06-17-2011, 03:07 PM
thank you everbody

young scammer