PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Raiders

Duie
06-16-2011, 05:41 PM
once naggy and Vox goes to lvl 52 range, I was hoping we would be able to host a once a month raid on say saturday or sunday... this would require those mobs to be up for such an event.

The question is simple. If we were to post the Date and time in advance, Would you guys be willing to respect that for that week the event would be planned and leave the mob alone?

YendorLootmonkey
06-16-2011, 05:43 PM
TR's alts need cloaks of flame, man :)

JenJen
06-16-2011, 05:52 PM
wishful thinking

soup
06-16-2011, 06:08 PM
If we were to post the Date and time in advance, Would you guys be willing to respect that for that week the event would be planned and leave the mob alone?

Yeah, right, like that'll happen.

Even if 1 or 2 guilds said they would, other guilds would pounce all over it.

Trystych
06-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Even if 1 or 2 guilds said they would, other guilds would pounce all over it.

Keep in mind that Nagafen is end game for some of the guilds on this server looking to gear up their member base. While not killing nagafen for a week means very little to TR, that isn't the case for everyone.

I would actually be a fan of deviation from classic when it comes to nagy/vox and buffing them to a point where they are not trivial for level 60 players, perhaps something in between where they are now and the kunark dragons. There are many guilds that would love to continue killing these mobs on patch reset days or tracking them to kill them on respawn that are not capable yet of doing the same for the Kunark dragons.

The population is skewed to the hardcore here, these hardcore players have level 52 alts that are better geared than pug mains ready and waiting for nagy/vox to have a level limit. While it worked on live, my prediction is that a 52 level limit here will make it even easier for the same guilds to kill them, just not on their mains.

Versus
06-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Sure!

Duie
06-16-2011, 07:39 PM
maybe wishful thinking but Nothing will get done if noone tries.

im willing,, are you?

Ele
06-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Multiple guilds will have groups of level 52 alts decked out in resist gear buffed and ready to log in at a moments notice at both Nagafen and Vox, so your plan likely wouldn't work. :(

Doors
06-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah TR probably already has geared 52 alts perm camped in fucking naggy lair to farm cloaks. Chance of pugging naggy/vox = 0.

h0tr0d (shaere)
06-16-2011, 08:53 PM
hardcore=those with more time to play 24/7.

Ektar
06-16-2011, 09:43 PM
It's not that any one guild will be so horribly opposed to allowing one kill to go. When I was one of the most hated politicians in the world of norrath (aka officer of one of the top guilds) I would have been like OH EM GEE YES I AM ONE THAT WOULD LOVE TO SPREAD THE WEALTH!

But that's not your obstacle. Your obstacle is convincing every force capable of killing vox that no other force capable of killing vox will kill her while that original force doesn't kill her (20 bucks says you can't). Compounding what you're thinking, I say force as opposed to guild. If you actually convince (not just work out a treaty with each individually, but CONVINCE) every guild that no other guild will touch her, you have to, somehow, guarantee that no other force of ANY kind will kill her.

no other guild will touch her

lol

notahipster
06-16-2011, 11:04 PM
lol who knows maybe one of them will get a date with a RL female.
go back to his guild. reminisce about the Nostalgia of being outside the house.

they will all RUSH back to RL because its so friggen old school.
most will leave quickly because well. They couldent afford a taxi home from the restaurant. and there attempt to PORT resulted in Fizzles till OOM.
others will leave for graphical reasons. 10 years later their RL avatar/character dosent look as good as it did to others Pre- 2001 era.

sadly thats prolly the best chance of getting something in the works lol

Ektar
06-16-2011, 11:10 PM
not your best work