PDA

View Full Version : Evil Race Travel Guide?

Solter
06-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Was just wondering if there was an Evil Race Travel Guide. Something that would point out any "indifferent" vendors that may be around (like the ones in Oasis) or tips and tricks of how to get past the dwarf on the dock in BB so you can catch the boat to FV and make the run to LOIO. You know what I mean, a travel guide for Evil Races. Is there anything like this?

Swish
06-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Not sure if there is, but as for vendors:-

Faydwer:-

Druid vendor at the rings in Steamfont / Butcherblock

Antonica:-

Shady Swashbuckler in EC
Druid vendor in Lavastorm (although not the druid vendor in WC due to 2 mobs that will likely aggro nearby)
Gypsy camps (Oasis, North Karana, Rathe Mtns to name a few)
Enchanter spell vendor in Highkeep
Depending on race, various towns (Neriak, Grobb, Oggok - though Iksar might not have access here)

Odus:-

Druid vendor in Toxxulia
Paineel vendors?

...as for travelling, ports are definitely your friend. Always get an invis if you can't invis yourself for ports to WC or the 2 druids on arrival will give you a "warm welcome" ;) .

The boat from Oasis > TD > Overthere isn't a bad route to LOIO or Field of Bone

OT > Warsliks > Field of Bone
OT > Frontier Mtns > LOIO

...if you can't invis yourself, grab a sow from some kind soul in OT (90% of the time there will be someone willing to throw one to you), and an invis if possible - and get your maps out to make sure you get there safely. Recommend running the walls (although be careful of Cabilis when running through WW).

Never done BB > FV as an evil or the boat from BB <> Freeport, can't help there :(

Hope that's some kind of help, and if not...hopefully there is a guide out there somewhere :)

Solter
06-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Never done BB > FV as an evil or the boat from BB <> Freeport, can't help there :(

I remember years ago I was a dark elf and would take the boat to FV, jump off and swim to a safe spot and run around outside and thru spiders to run up the waterfall to LOIO. For the life of me I can't get on a barge near the dwarf on the docks. I even thought I swam after the barges to the zone line and swam to the ship but that doesn't work either. Maybe I was able to get on a transport while it was moving in the water and on P1999 the levitate spell prevents it or something else is different. Oh well....the OT path isn't a bad one.
Thanks for the reply. :)

Dantes
06-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Once you are higher level it becomes less important. You can get a gate hammer from OT and travel to Kunark whenever you want without needing a boat or a port.

10pp cloudy potions are also extremely useful for times when you just can't get anybody to help you with an invis.

Solter
06-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Gate Hammer....forgot all about those ... lol... it's terrible all the things I've forgotten. :(

Etorryn
11-26-2011, 01:46 PM
As in evil race you can travel from OT to either Oasis or Butcher Block. If your leaving the OT as you zone get off the boat and swim to the Elven island outpost -5000, -3000.

The outpost has one guard that occasionally comes midway up the dock but no further. Hes probably level 15ish. You can just wait on the ferries and get on the maiden and off at the BB ferries and swim once you zone in to BB.

To leave BB you swim around the side of the wall hugging the wall. There are 2 guards the woman on the dock and the other male dwarf near the shore on the other side of the ramp. You can get on the ramp with out them attacking you and onto the back left ferrie. The important part is once you start to levitate creep to the edge and levitate down to the bottom part of the ferrie. Sit in the little cubby on either end and when you leave the guards wont be able to see you. When you zone back in TD you are on the top and get on the maidens voyage.