PDA

View Full Version : Hear me, slackers of the old world, I call you to arms!

DoucLangur
06-17-2011, 02:02 PM
This is directed to everyone who is fulfilling three criteria:
1) playing on european time (around CET/GMT)
2) playing casual, as opposed to hardcore
3) being a decent person (as in fair play and eagerness to learn, plus skills)

I will make an attempt at being ultra brief to not overstress your attention span:

I want a casual guild that raids on euro times. I do not wish to lead such a guild, but if no one else will create one, I will do it.

Cornerstones:

first and foremost goal of the guild: increase the fun of playing. If something isn't fun, we won't do it. We're not here to work.
many euros play in US based guilds, others are scattered: it will take time to get a raid force (2-3 groups) online in the evenings, the early recruits need patience, for the time when there's hardly anyone else online in guild
reduce the hassle, heavy recruitment: no guild forum, invite players on the spot, accept complaints here on the forum and kick players that turn out to be foul apples
everyone is asked to play nice, as in fair-play, NBG where possible, and no harassment
if we ever get the playerbase, raids will not be mandatory, but we will try to keep a high tactical profile, use brains instead of masses (which we probably won't have anyways), loot will be randomed on NBG basis
raid alliances possible, guests welcome on raids
only guild rule (for the start): use some f*cking common sense ;)

If you would join such a guild, respond here please, or contact me ingame for questions: on Slozem or on Maliciosa.

Cheers,

Slozem

PS: Didn't put this in the guild discussion because guilds keep bumping their recruitment threads all the time there, scrolling discussion posts out of page 1 fast, and this is supposed to be a discussion to see if people are interested in the idea at all.

DoucLangur
06-18-2011, 02:50 AM
I'm impressed. What a massive response.

Nedala
06-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Hmm how about you join VD? :)

Aro2220x
06-18-2011, 10:34 PM
This server is too small for more than one super guild. Everything else would fail pretty horrible with the level split. If you can't get into that #1 guild then you would be better off playing with a few dedicated friends that can play at the same time and will always level with each other.

up to 6 people are all that's needed and I wouldn't call that much of a guild.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. As I recall the high end EQ raids always needed a ton of people and the server population just isn't high enough to have legions of guilds competing like that.

In fact, I doubt there are even many unguilded people that want guilds.

DoucLangur
06-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Hmm how about you join VD?

They're not raiding on Euro evening times, or I would :p And maybe I will, if we never get a Euro guild going...

This server is too small for more than one super guild.

I think you misunderstood me. I am not aiming to create a "super" guild, unless by super, you mean "fun & relaxed". I'll leave the hardcore raiding up to others, I just want a group of people - just like you say - that play at the same times (european evenings, that is) and can do some relaxed raiding on targets that are not perma-killed by others.

Cheers,
Slozem