PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Charm after the "mininum pet damage" nerf

Zuranthium
06-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Question - were Enchanter charms supposed to be affected by the recent patch? It seems they were.

Nedala
06-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah i was wondering too if that nerf does apply to charmed pets too.

Doors
06-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Heard it was all pet classes that were affected by the recent patch. Since I am technically an everquest guru, you should probably listen to me.

Zuranthium
06-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks for illuminating nothing. Enchanters have an actual pet outside of Charming and of course those were affected by the nerf. I'm wondering if Charmed pets weren't supposed to be hit and were accidentally nerfed.

Doors
06-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Heard it was all pet classes that were affected by the recent patch. Since I am technically an everquest guru, you should probably listen to me.

naekko
06-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Charmed pets were also hit.

a dar knight is hitting for 32s and 38s. It's hitting for min damage too often, just like pets.

RiffDaemon
06-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Charmed pets were also hit.

a dar knight is hitting for 32s and 38s. It's hitting for min damage too often, just like pets.

Ugh :-(

Aro2220x
06-18-2011, 10:24 PM
I play a pet class. What nerf is this? Is this 1999 accurate?

Sethius
06-18-2011, 11:40 PM
I play a pet class. What nerf is this? Is this 1999 accurate?

The recent patch altered the minimum damage of pet attacks, which certainly is classic as pets were hitting too hard before. However pets are hitting for minimum damage a bit too often. This is a bug currently, as stated by Kanras, and will be fixed in the upcoming patch I believe.

Zuranthium
06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm still unclear if Charms were supposed to be nerfed or not. They are not actual pets, what with their temporary timeframe and how hitting F1 twice does not target the charmed "pet" as it does with normal pets. I remember the various pet nerfs (or buffs in some cases) in Classic and I remember the nerf to Charm reliability, but I don't specifically remember charms being adversely affected by the pet nerfs. Anyone know the exact details about this?

Doors
06-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Enchanters are a pet class.

When an enchanter charms a mob it becomes the enchanters pet, even if its for a small amount of time.

Pets of all pet classes were hit by the patch.

Thus enchanters charmed mobs are effected by the patch.

See sig for further inquiries.

Doors
06-19-2011, 06:57 PM
They are not actual pets

Also wrong.

goodthink
06-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Enchanters are a pet class.

When an enchanter charms a mob it becomes the enchanters pet, even if its for a small amount of time.

Pets of all pet classes were hit by the patch.

Thus enchanters charmed mobs are effected by the patch.

See sig for further inquiries.

That might be, but it's not classic.

Zuranthium
06-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Obviously when you Charm something it becomes a "pet" temporarily, but the statistics of the charmed pet don't shift from what they were before you cast Charm (in theory). Summoned pets have specific set minimum and maximum damages, and hitpoints, and various other features that are tied to the actual pet being summoned. When you Charm a monster, there is no specific set data for the attributes your charmed "pet" should have. It should vary depending on what you actually charmed. Or at least that's how I thought it was supposed to work. Which is why I'm puzzled by charmed "pets" hitting for less than they normally would. If that's how it actually was in Classic, then so be it, I just don't remember it being that way. This is a gray area in my knowledge base.

baalzy
06-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Pets in general weren't supposed to be nerfed the way they ended up being nerfed.

The only change that was supposed to be implemented was making pets hit for the correct minimum (befor ethe minimum was too high). Somehow that change fucked up their whole hit distribution and will be fixed with the next patch. Charmed pets got hit by this as well and should be fixed with the next patch.

Spend 5 minutes and read the pages in the bugs section or just do a search for posts by kanras and you'll eventually get all the answers you need directly from the developers fingers.

Hijynx
06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
yeah charmed pets arent supposed to be nerfed, its just a bug yaddayaddayadda.

fishingme
06-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Obviously when you Charm something it becomes a "pet" temporarily, but the statistics of the charmed pet don't shift from what they were before you cast Charm (in theory). Summoned pets have specific set minimum and maximum damages, and hitpoints, and various other features that are tied to the actual pet being summoned. When you Charm a monster, there is no specific set data for the attributes your charmed "pet" should have. It should vary depending on what you actually charmed. Or at least that's how I thought it was supposed to work. Which is why I'm puzzled by charmed "pets" hitting for less than they normally would. If that's how it actually was in Classic, then so be it, I just don't remember it being that way. This is a gray area in my knowledge base.

I love how smart you are, we need to group instead of just encountering eachother by the cliff in FV around the drolgars :)