PDA

View Full Version : WTB Power Leveling

Aro2220x
06-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi,

I'm curious to know if anyone is willing to accept paypal for their time (per hour or per level) helping my character(s) power level.

If so, please send me a PM and let me know what you offer.

If you want to announce it publicly, feel free to post a reply in this thread with your offer (the class you play, your level, your knowledge/leveling predictions, and your prices per hour).

Someone in another post said there are people out there that would do this which is what led to my request. I am also under the impression that it is not against the P99 rules.

Thanks!

Kuriin
06-20-2011, 12:34 AM
This is RMT, bro. =( Not going to fly.

Aro2220x
06-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Sorry, someone misled me in another thread. I was under the impression this was actually allowed.

Since it is not, the offer is off the table.

coki
06-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Is it againt the p99 rules ?

Aro2220x
06-20-2011, 01:29 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35747

It's against the p99 rules to pay in real money but you can pay in plat or any in game item or by exchanging your time (and I assume this means exchanging your time IN game, not out of game...so you probably can't say, hey if you level my character in EQ I'll make you a website, or knit you a scarf)

lol.

coki
06-20-2011, 01:32 AM
I hear people say its bannable

Kuriin
06-20-2011, 01:32 AM
I always assumed it was not allowed because you are paying with real money for goods (power leveling).

Doors
06-20-2011, 01:34 AM
I don't know. None of the P99 staff has replied to any of my posts saying for sure one way or another.

Probably because theres stickies right at the top of the EC forum section where they have already stated RMT are a bannable offense, which saves them a lot of useless responding.

coki
06-20-2011, 01:35 AM
What about Trading say... eve online isk-(currency) for project 1999 plat?
Not RMT but not plat either so?

Trackflare
06-20-2011, 01:46 AM
You can buy anything in game with anything from ingame, nothing from outside the game, which includes other game currency

Aro2220x
06-20-2011, 03:23 PM
There is no sticky thread in the server chat or on the main page (that just lists sub categories) that refers to RMT.

Don't be a jerk. As a new member it cannot be expected that I am to have mind reading powers and know exactly where you've hidden every little thing I'm supposed to know.

That's what IN YOUR FACE AGREEMENTS are for.

Anyway, I have the mentality where if I don't know the answer and I can't find the answer on the website in a bit of light searching I see no reason not to post a message on a message board asking about it.

ESPECIALLY since message boards have this wonderful built in feature where old messages get buried and do not RUIN the forum.

I can understand people being upset if I just ASSUMED the rules and went on to do whatever I damn well pleased...but this is not the case. I was confused. I didn't see the answer. I asked a question.

I'm sorry but I do not see why my behavior deserves such a hostile response.

shdwdrake8
06-20-2011, 03:28 PM
inb4close

Also, I thought I remember a sticky here in EC forums about No RMT but I can't seem to find it (edit: found it http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35747). Honest mistake bro, but the banhammer strikes fast in this issue. I'd, like, edit and stuff....

falkun
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
There is no sticky thread in the server chat or on the main page (that just lists sub categories) that refers to RMT.

These are the rules for the East Commanlands Tunnel Forums. Violation of these rules can lead to warnings, suspensions, or bans from the forums.

RMT (Real Money Trade) Sales
Any trading of any in-game objects for real life currency, including but not limited to coin, items, and characters, is not permitted. This is a global server rule as well, and people caught performing these transactions will have all characters involved banned from the server.

IDK, I think that sticky is pretty concise about RMTs. Its not in the server chat, but in the auction chat (EC Tunnel). It's in a perfectly logical place, stickied, with a "read before posting" in the title.

Don't be a jerk. As a new member it cannot be expected that I am to have mind reading powers and know exactly where you've hidden every little thing I'm supposed to know.

That's what IN YOUR FACE AGREEMENTS are for.

Anyway, I have the mentality where if I don't know the answer and I can't find the answer on the website in a bit of light searching I see no reason not to post a message on a message board asking about it.

See sticky thread title: "EC Forum Rules (Read Before Posting)". I think you should have read them before posting an RMT, they're the 4th post down, can't miss it, and one of few up in the sticky section.

ESPECIALLY since message boards have this wonderful built in feature where old messages get buried and do not RUIN the forum.

Except stickied posts don't leave the top slots...ever. So...they, like, don't get buried and stuff.

I'm sorry but I do not see why my behavior deserves such a hostile response.

Most of it wasn't hostile, it was the community trying to protect you from the ban-hammer, which comes down HARD on RMTs. If you took it as hard, that's your prerogative, but not their intent. The rest of it probably was hostile, and might have something to do with your equally-as-harsh and aggressive tone. Sit back, take a chill pill, and enjoy a free game free of RMTs. Don't get defensive because someone responds to you.

Aro2220x
06-20-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry for asking.

I will leave my posts unedited because that would be rude to the other people in the thread. They responded to what I said not some modified version of it. If I modify what I say then their responses might start to look peculiar.

If a moderator wants to delete the posts it's up to their discretion whether or not they feel it warrants removal. I know we must accept that.

I realize you think my tone is harsh but it is not intended to be harsh. My appologies.

I try to be direct and to the point. It gets derailed when I get defensive but it's hard getting attacked when you're new. If you don't fight back nobody else will and if you do fight back everyone looks at you suspiciously. It's a catch 22.
:(

BelenosThePagan
06-20-2011, 07:46 PM
You could always just lvl up your char the old fashioned way. Hunting, grouping etc.. Like actually playing the game in other words. Just a thought