PDA

View Full Version : HI!

Carthafe
06-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Hey all,

I'm a new member to this project, which is exactly what I have been looking for!
I played eq up until DoN started ruining everything and my guildies left for wow. ever since then I have been hoping from game to game until I found project 1999, and so glad i did! I will be up and running in no time, and was curious what classes where needed? I played a pally and cleric for 5+years, both raiding heavily in PoP and before. Let me know and Ill make whatever! hope to see you guys in the game! and is there a world chat channel eveyone talks on?

thanks~

carthafe, soon to be cleric
and Rovar--whatever you need.

falkun
06-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Play what you want to play. Nothing is "needed" on this server as its a bunch of classic junkies all crammed into one tiny little Norrath.

With that said, a few things to keep in mind:

Exp penalties exist (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Game_Mechanics#Race.2FClass_Experience_Penalties)
Clerics are typical mainstays for groups
Monks are likely the most prevalent class
Casters are far less gear-dependent than their melee counterparts
The opinion of the strict adherence to the "holy trinity" of war/clr/enc happens more often than I'd like to admit.

Knuckle
06-20-2011, 10:16 AM
I've noticed there is a high demand for monks if you are looking for a class everyone appreciates.

Ektar
06-20-2011, 10:26 AM
no one will ever turn a cleric away from a raid guild, as long as you can manage to spam-cast your quick heal.

If that helps.

Carthafe
06-20-2011, 10:30 AM
thanks for the input, I do feel like i'll probably level up my cleric first, with a sk also in progress for when i feel the need to slay something faster! is there a lfg channel or some other world channel i can join?

Ektar
06-20-2011, 10:31 AM
no

Ektar
06-20-2011, 10:31 AM
/ all lfg is your closest thing to that.

or a time machine to global ooc! good times.

Dr4z3r
06-20-2011, 10:33 AM
The server needs people who play their character well.

azeth
06-20-2011, 10:56 AM
start a necro, farm, hit EC, twink a rogue then enjoy the game.

but seriously.

WizardEQ
06-20-2011, 11:54 AM
You are a most welcomed addition to our Community!

As a cleric you will be in high demand to almost any group once you get past lvl 5. Just be prepared to travel once you go /LFG. If you can't find a group, just start one. Last night in MM, we invited a cleric all the way from EC. He grabbed a port and scooted over and turned out awesome.

Xaxian

Danth
06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
"no one will ever turn a cleric away from a raid guild"

Indeed! Heck, it's a rare session of EQ where my wife doesn't receive at least one unsolicited guild invite.

The best advice for newcomers to P1999 is play the class you like best. The population here is good for an emulator, but not so high that any class is truly overpopulated. Don't expect the server to be 100% like Live was way back when. It's an emulator today, not a time machine to ten years ago.

Danth

Hobby
06-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't play a ranger....

they are terri-bad

Shiftin
06-20-2011, 12:32 PM
especially the barbarian ones.

Amelinda
06-20-2011, 12:38 PM
especially the barbarian ones.

Iksar Rangers are the best....i thought everyone knew!

Striiker
06-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the server! I think you'lll be very happy with the game! There appears to be drama around some guilds however for the most part, you'll have a great leveling experience. Make use of the LFG tag and try to put together groups on your own. It's not easy but worth the effort.

falkun
06-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Drow Rangers are the best....i thought everyone knew!

FTFY. Long live Drizzt Do`Urden! Now begone, I must return to my LARPing!