PDA

View Full Version : Why are characters so cheap?

Troy
06-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like a ~50 char with planar gear and likely >5 days /played should be worth more than 25-50k? Any lvl 50 could make way way more plat than that if (s)he farmed for that long.

or is there just some magic way to level to 50 in less than 1 day /played that people are exploiting to level chars for sale purposes, thus pushing down the prices?

Lorastine
06-21-2011, 11:00 PM
If they have enough time to just level characters for plat, maybe they don't care?

odizzido
06-21-2011, 11:03 PM
I would say quite a few characters for sale are ones that are no longer played. Also a level 60 druid could PL a char to 50 fairly fast.

Zereh
06-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Loot-n-scoot is a fairly profitable game-within-the-game. Which means the accounts are so cheap because so many of them floating around. And I swear I've ended up inadvertently helping gear about half of them.

VincentVolaju
06-21-2011, 11:30 PM
People get bored with characters easily, like myself >_>. They prob just buy an account, sell it, buy a different one, sell it, buy something else etc. etc. Its too risky though imo, Id rather just keep rerolling characters on my own account rather then buying 50+ ones.

Supaskillz
06-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Alot of the reason is on the demand side imo. Much of the rewarding part in this game is leveling up your character to many people. Buying a character destroys this. There is also a negative social element with buying a character sometimes. Plus people who have platinum to buy expensive things have high level characters, unless they are sick of their character they are likely not that interested in another

Stormhowl
06-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Alot of the reason is on the demand side imo. Much of the rewarding part in this game is leveling up your character to many people. Buying a character destroys this. There is also a negative social element with buying a character sometimes. Plus people who have platinum to buy expensive things have high level characters, unless they are sick of their character they are likely not that interested in another

Not to mention it could be bad for the buyer if the character being sold has a terrible reputation that people associate with the name.