PDA

View Full Version : Players 2 boxing from different Ip's!!!!!!!!!

Snarky
06-23-2011, 03:40 AM
I was grouped with two players the other day, and I could tell from their actions in group it was just a two boxing player! A friend of mine who is much more computer savvy than myself was able to detect their Ip and told me it was different, but he admitted there was no doubt they were two boxing. Once we started questioning the player he and his partner casually planned on visiting EC out of the blue.

I forgot the names of the players and didn't know whether I should have petitioned them or what *cause nobody likes to be a nark* but it did kind of upset me that people are beating the system (I've been reading forum posts on what two boxing does to other players). Are they able to get caught in any way, or is it up to players to report them?

h0tr0d (shaere)
06-23-2011, 03:44 AM
If you petition you can get someone like a Gm to come watch their behavior and investigate. Other then that, try frapsing or recording them and use that to help.

Desert
06-23-2011, 05:29 AM
I'd say your friend was doing something he's not supposed to if he was able to detect whether or not they have different ip's, unless he's gm status.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
06-23-2011, 05:41 AM
I was grouped with two players the other day, and I could tell from their actions in group it was just a two boxing player! A friend of mine who is much more computer savvy than myself was able to detect their Ip and told me it was different, but he admitted there was no doubt they were two boxing. Once we started questioning the player he and his partner casually planned on visiting EC out of the blue.

I forgot the names of the players and didn't know whether I should have petitioned them or what *cause nobody likes to be a nark* but it did kind of upset me that people are beating the system (I've been reading forum posts on what two boxing does to other players). Are they able to get caught in any way, or is it up to players to report them?

http://thetural.com/wow/img/n_QRPH3BvA.png
http://thetural.com/wow/img/a_QRPH3BvA.png

bakkily
06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
someone can figure someones ip adress out easily, its ummm sorta like hacking.....where or not the person decides to do it or not ...=P

anyways, yea fraps is a big thing that will help, i know ive caught quite a few in the last month, the number one thing usally, and i say usally so dont take it out of context, people that box are rude, id say over 2/3
s of boxers, it depends, stick to them selves and are outright rude people, why group if yer gonna box? why cheat in front of someone? ive even noticed some people boxing with 3-4 chars too that have been caught do to me, if you do it, you will get caught!

naekko
06-23-2011, 09:05 AM
this thread is a retard fly trap

Extunarian
06-23-2011, 10:15 AM
PvP rants and flames post starts with "I grouped with two players the other day" ... sounds like a troll.

Confirmed with "A friend of mine who is much more computer savvy than myself was able to detect their Ip" lol

Doors
06-23-2011, 10:54 AM
See sig for inquiries about the OP.

Pringles
06-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Bad troll is bad.

Amelinda
06-23-2011, 11:24 AM
this thread makes me giggle for numerous reasons.

...but... i'll say that you don't have to have the same ip to box ;)

also....you will be caught ;)

Messianic
06-23-2011, 11:51 AM
thread is definitely not worth 9 !'s

Kassel
06-23-2011, 12:25 PM
a month ago i got a flyer from my internet supplier that advertised a 2nd cable line for only $9.95 a month. If i wanted to box, (if i even played anymore) this would be the way to do it. Much better than tethered Iphone or neighboors wifi. I am sure this happens often and i bet GM's have laid many the ban hammer on boxers with diff ips.

I bet OP is just testing the waters to see what he can get away with =D

Teensy Weensy
06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
this thread is a retard fly trap

Haul
07-05-2011, 05:01 PM
this thread makes me giggle for numerous reasons.

...but... i'll say that you don't have to have the same ip to box ;)

also....you will be caught ;)

I support this.

bakkily
07-17-2011, 01:44 AM
if you box, i will catch you! ive helped catch many peeps boxing in the last few months

Akim
07-17-2011, 03:35 AM
i 12 box bards

Vladigan
07-19-2011, 03:21 PM
How many of you actually spend time of your life trying to find people who are duel boxing? I am amused at all the post I read about this person or that person whining about seeing someone that they "just know" was "boxing".

Then you losers get all James Bond and Sherlock Holmes on your investigation and try to deduce your methods of discovery and such, and why this person did that or didn't say this and so on...its like a 12th century witch hunt....

I DO NOT BOX. Frankly its too much work and takes away from the enjoyment of the game and the social nature of it. That being said, why would YOU give a shit if "think" you see someone else box, ESPECIALLY if that "boxer" invites you into his group and because of that situation you now get to experience the game instead of jerking of to the image of your female wood elf poster on your wall. If I am in an awesome group and if it just "seems" that one person is boxing, I would just keep my fucking mouth shut and enjoy the game. If the person says to you, "Hey, Im boxing all the chars so fuck your rules" ok then go ahead and report.....

I know that boxing is outlawed on this server, and I understand there reasoning, but for fuck sake people... let the jackass's who blatantly box in open and cause distress for others get what is coming to them, and people who keep to themselves or even better invite your fucking ass to their group...alone.....Let the GMs worry about them....

/rant and flame is now off, please enjoy the rest of your post....

guineapig
07-19-2011, 03:46 PM
duel boxing?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yHngRQHNecA/SfcI76eM_XI/AAAAAAAABAM/GRoknA4JYEE/s400/punch

Harrison
07-19-2011, 03:53 PM
How many of you actually spend time of your life trying to find people who are duel boxing? I am amused at all the post I read about this person or that person whining about seeing someone that they "just know" was "boxing".

Then you losers get all James Bond and Sherlock Holmes on your investigation and try to deduce your methods of discovery and such, and why this person did that or didn't say this and so on...its like a 12th century witch hunt....

I DO NOT BOX. Frankly its too much work and takes away from the enjoyment of the game and the social nature of it. That being said, why would YOU give a shit if "think" you see someone else box, ESPECIALLY if that "boxer" invites you into his group and because of that situation you now get to experience the game instead of jerking of to the image of your female wood elf poster on your wall. If I am in an awesome group and if it just "seems" that one person is boxing, I would just keep my fucking mouth shut and enjoy the game. If the person says to you, "Hey, Im boxing all the chars so fuck your rules" ok then go ahead and report.....

I know that boxing is outlawed on this server, and I understand there reasoning, but for fuck sake people... let the jackass's who blatantly box in open and cause distress for others get what is coming to them, and people who keep to themselves or even better invite your fucking ass to their group...alone.....Let the GMs worry about them....

I bet you're the type of person who says "snitches get stitches" or some other inane babble.

Mynxx
07-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Couldn't have said it better!

Vladigan
07-19-2011, 11:14 PM
I bet you're the type of person who says "snitches get stitches" or some other inane babble.

No that sounds very childish... There is a difference between reporting truth or facts and just randomly pointing fingers and making assumptions. That never happens though right??

So the inner message of the reply was this, "Mind your own business unless someone makes their business, your business"

and

"Give people the benefit of the doubt and don't go out of your way to try and make some other person's life miserable"

In the end, just don't be a retard, and the world will be a better place...;)

kalzin
07-26-2011, 06:08 AM

I accuse Goodie Flanders!:D

bakkily
07-26-2011, 08:30 AM
if i just notice that someone is boxing, ill watch, i find people sometimes when im just minding my own buisness lvling ect

Seaweedpimp
07-26-2011, 05:50 PM
This is like the war on drugs.

Absolutely pointless, and it's going to continue to happen, no matter how many people get snuffed.

DERP

deakolt
07-26-2011, 06:57 PM
argue about drugs plz

Seaweedpimp
07-26-2011, 11:09 PM
You mad?

Yeah thats a great comparison brew.