PDA

View Full Version : project99 vs fippy

eastadam55
06-24-2011, 11:38 PM
I like project 1999 and I love the server, but my brother wants me to play fippy with him. We both allrdy have eq accounts and we got 45 days free, but he doesn't know what server to play on. Basically I'm asking whats the better server.

Snapple
06-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Play Oblivion instead

Zadrian
06-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Kind of a weird question.. Depends on what you want. Fippy is just regular eq with a "hint" of classic.

If you want classic classic you play p99. also it's free. If you can only play for the 45 days, then try fippy out

username17
06-24-2011, 11:43 PM
I'd play here, as it's free forever and doesn't suck.

XP on Fippy is actually slower than it was on classic. You have a newer (less classic) UI, updated zones, etc.
P99 is as close as you can get to classic. Closer than sony's 'attempt'.

San
06-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Fippy and Vulak suck compared to p99. EZ mode. Make a Mage and you will feel like The Green Bay Packers playing a pee wee team. Plus ALOT more azzhats play on those servers. Add that with all the hacking, plat farming, etc. going on there, bleh.

Troy
06-25-2011, 01:49 AM
As if there's no plat farming going on here with people offering 2000000 plat for a fungi staff!

Lazortag
06-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Because of coding issues/dev laziness etc., SK's on Fippy have harm touch doing way more damage than it did in classic (since later on in the timeline it scaled up in damage a lot faster I think). Because of this the entire raid scene consists of people boxing 15 or so SK's with 2K+ HT's to take down bosses within seconds. There's a hilarious (but sad) youtube video that shows Venril Sathir being killed less than a second after he pops. Basically the hardest encounters in the game are trivialized and the devs show no intention of fixing it from what I hear. I know raiding is only one aspect of eq, but it's still quite damning that they would allow this to go on for so long, so I would stay away from Fippy if I were you. It's garbage.

San
06-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Should have been more clear. The 6 boxed foreign plat farmers and spammers that you cannot avoid on those servers. I could care less about the regular joe blo that needs or wants to farm plat or items. Did someone on these forums post an article about the inmates in asia that were forced to play WoW and farm plat so the guards could sell it for real $? Was looking for that earlier.

citizen1080
06-25-2011, 01:59 AM
All depends on where you will be happy in the long haul. Where do you want to invest your time so that it is not wasted?

45 days free is all well and good but if on day 46 you decide to come to p99 than you just wasted all that time.

Not to say playing games in the first place isn't a waste...but thats another argument =)

jerus
06-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Fippy has the revamped FP, p99 has classic fp, that alone makes p99 better. Seriously though so much about the TLP(fippy) servers is not classic and makes the content so much easier I can't see it being as interesting as p99