PDA

View Full Version : bows, need a better one for my ranger

bakkily
06-25-2011, 06:04 AM
atm i use a runed oak bow, what are probally some better one(s) i could get? got that fletching to 150 and loving some of my silvertip arrows, solo smoothly with them

Duie
06-25-2011, 06:17 AM
that is the best bow your gonna get for a while .

ranger bows in order

Windstriker<sky quest>
Windsaber <seb drop>
Runed oak bow<South Karana>

not unti NToV bows get any better dps wise

greatdane
06-25-2011, 08:38 AM
There's Bow of the Underfoot when the Hole opens. Wind Saber is better, but I figured it wasn't a realistic goal if you're asking on the forums. Windstriker is good, but fast bows are fucking infuriating without endless quiver.

Arkyani
06-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Just curious but is there a level requirement for seb key? I see wind saber rot most of the times it drops, so if it was possible to get some friends to help you get a seb key and park yourself there for a few days you'd probably end up with a pretty bow by the end of it. Assuming there isnt a level requirement for the key that is.

bakkily
06-25-2011, 01:58 PM
well im going to have my alt join the guild my mains in and figure durring late 30's, early 40's with me tracking and em helping i could get that bow, im thinking i may make my ranger my main sometime in the next few months to come, just want to get my shaman to 54 quickly

just wish there was some cool bows i could fletch, messed around masking ash ones last night, but sure didnt do anything bus waste my plate making em with no skill ups after doing 30 of em

oh well, its part of the ranger, getting screwed over =P

bakkily
06-25-2011, 02:03 PM
how much are rain callers going for?

Troy
06-25-2011, 02:38 PM
A lot. It's the best pulling weapon you can get, period. I won't sell mine.

Is Windstriker actually in the game at this point?

Also, is http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Sarnak_War_Bow in our version of Chardok or a later one?

Aadill
06-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Windstriker is in.

Sarnak War Bow is from a later revamp.

Get a Wind Saber, Runed Oak Bow, or Rain Caller. I'm all out of quest items from doing Rain Caller and I don't personally want to do it again but I can make you a Trueshot to start off with.

bakkily
06-25-2011, 03:20 PM
this is gonna be off topic lol, talking about bows, but other ranger weapons, figuring when in the 40's or by lvl 40, im gonna get a lamentation, and possibly a lupine dagger

but is wormslayer worth it?

what other ranger weapons are out there?

Troy
06-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Wurmslayer is the best 1hander out there for either hand really until dmg bonus gets high enough for Lammy/Jade Mace/Lupine Dagger to be better in primary which is probably lvl 49 or 52. Even after that it's still awesome for offhand.

Also, good luck ever finding a Lupine Dagger...

Sajan
06-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Wurmslayer is the best 1hander out there for either hand really until dmg bonus gets high enough for Lammy/Jade Mace/Lupine Dagger to be better in primary which is probably lvl 49 or 52. Even after that it's still awesome for offhand.

Also, good luck ever finding a Lupine Dagger...

^this

Duie
06-25-2011, 03:47 PM
As far as other weapons go, Try to avoid things that have procs unless you plan on tanking. Thinks like lupine and the awesome Dagger Aadill has are great .things like Flux axes and Fint steel while fun, will enevatably get you killed.( I had a macro on live that read " EARTHCALLLER PROC!!!! BE READY WITH THE RES STICK!!" Dragons and giants used to beat my ass for using that sword on raids)
you want the best Damage per second, not hits per swing ,
So usuingthings such as wurmslayers ect really depends on if yo uare gonna be maxed haste at all times.... most likely you wont.

bakkily
06-25-2011, 10:03 PM
have a fbss atm, over all for when im lvl 40, figuring lammy, and 2nd not sure, atm i use ensaring whip, 14 dmg 28 delay and 10 21 dragon claws

Tiggles
06-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Step1: go to TT
Step2: /auction your tracking services in return for them killing frogs for you
Step3:Go into seb and wait until someone /ooc's a Rotting Wind Saber from N/G
Step4:Loot it

Optional Step5: Reroll because rangers are fucking terrible

Duie
06-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Step1: go to TT
Step2: /auction your tracking services in return for them killing frogs for you
Step3:Go into seb and wait until someone /ooc's a Rotting Wind Saber from N/G
Step4:Loot it

Optional Step5: Reroll because rangers are fucking terrible

Hrmm really the only thing that makes a ranger terabad to play is the optical rectical outlook of the people on this server. The class in of itself is very fun and very versitile. It is only when rangers have to deal with the mini maxers that it becomes frustrating.

oldschool vs wowzer mentality

greatdane
06-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Rangers are very fun and versatile. They're just also very weak. If you were an oldschooler, you'd know that that's pretty much as oldschool as opinions get. The "wowzer" mentality is the one where every class must be equal and bla bla. Rangers being underpowered is one of the fundamental truths of Everquest.

Krait
06-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Does it really matter who is OP and who isn't? I always find it funny that the folks who think themselves elite must have everything maxed out.

Anywho, what fun would everyone playing the same three classes be.

Play whatcha wanna and let others do the same.

greatdane
06-26-2011, 03:08 AM
It doesn't matter to most people, and the anti-rangerism is much more prevalent on the forums than in-game. Most people are fine grouping with a ranger, but if you /ooc LFM 1 DPS and you get offers from a rogue and a ranger, pretty much everyone picks the rogue because they're better DPS. That's where the problem is. Nobody is going to willingly take the worse option when given alternatives, and that's why classes like rangers and druids suffer.

bakkily
06-26-2011, 04:04 AM
yea def some classes are op, for instance, hell you already prob know this

i was with my shaman first time ever killing seafurys, was sorta afk killing, doing other things while medding and then come back to kill seafury, but while doing this, with 4 mages and 2 necros, i got one ever 10 minutes, but loving the fix on pet classes

anyways, i see many wanting to play a ranger, so they twink there char, to those doing this, you better enjoy the class!

i played a ranger once in classic, only got the guy to lvl 12, had mainly gear from cb, but i thought i was badass

then i played one durring the ldon era, loved the class, got 1-40 quick cuz ldons, then soloed 40-60 myself, but had the nightmare wood bow, cant wait till i get a windsaber

us rangers can solo, and i solo well with my bow, just get ready to fletch, and even if you dont have much cash, once yer skill is 122, you can make Class 2 bonehooked arrows, and solo well enough

to my ranger brothers, solo well, kick ass, and venture on