PDA

View Full Version : Camps Defined?

Kinamur1999
03-10-2010, 03:18 PM
The way it works now seems to be a group can only claim camp on what they are literally sitting on.

The past few days I have had several groups sit up literally just around the corner in a dungeon and say that it is a separate camp, Literally choking off all spawns in an area except for the 5 or 6 in the room were in.

This morning we were doing unrest basement, sitting in the room before fake wall, pulling down into garanels area. Didn't seem like we were taking multiple camps as we only had 4 people in our group and were waiting on respawns. After 2 hours a lvl 50 mage run through and starts clearing down to garanel, our shaman went afk for 10 minutes. We petitioned that they were ksing and the guide favored them because we weren't officially in his room camping him.

Does this make sense?

Finawin
03-10-2010, 03:22 PM
It's bullshit and the rules obviously need to be tweaked to remove gray areas in the rules to be exploited by people to benefit their thievery.

I have a 50 mage too, shall I go around jacking named from people just because I can? It's illogical to force groups to sit on top of named spawn points that are typically dangerous spots just to deter thieves.

It's obvious people can't be given any room for error in the rules when defining. They will be assholes and exploit any gray areas possible because they are terrible players.

Hasbinbad
03-10-2010, 03:38 PM
If yer not physically at a spawn, what makes you think you can lay some kind of claim to it?

Serious question..

Aeolwind
03-10-2010, 03:53 PM
If yer not physically at a spawn, what makes you think you can lay some kind of claim to it?

Serious question..

I can field this one. Take Frenzy for example. Most people don't camp "in" the frenzy room, they camp in that room between frenzy and thatothermobthatescapesme. I've also known groups to camp Ass/sup from that stair between there and sav...no spawns there, or in that tower.

However, my opinion is this: Those that steal camps based on the "rules" will soon be beaten by their own karma. I'm not saying a 50 has no "right" to camp a mob, they have as much right as anyone else. I know who is involved in this, and this isn't their first time using these particular tactics. And yes, I view it as a jackass move.

By that same token, when your healer has to pee or whatever that pretty much slams the breaks on your xping/pulling.

Ferok
03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
^ Pretty much the response I expected on this.

There's always technicalities. People can choose to exploit this, and they'll be in the right technically; but that doesn't make them less of douchebags.

That old saying about what goes around...

Sword
03-10-2010, 04:23 PM
So what they're saying is you need to stfu and let IB camp what they want for their endless alts for guides and devs owners will always favor them so stfu already and wait for them to twink their alts.

Kinamur1999
03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
That old saying about what goes around...

What?

Comes around? Sorry Ferok but you must be new to the server its do whatever the F you want and as long as that specific incident isnt written in the rules its not a problem.

Shamaeso
03-10-2010, 04:32 PM
It is funny how if someone wants a camp all of a sudden the group gets trained out of nowhere then the person says he wiped group means the camp is clear, and honestly how many people dont camp a hall outside a named.

People on this server tend to act like bullies because they know there is nothign can be done except naming names and what good does that do.

Ferok
03-10-2010, 04:35 PM
What?

Comes around? Sorry Ferok but you must be new to the server its do whatever the F you want and as long as that specific incident isnt written in the rules its not a problem.

I am new to the server, so you've got me there.

But I'm not new to the game, or camps, or the concept of camping. Honestly, people were dicks on live too. There were technicalities, and people who were dicks exploited them.

Lets imagine a world where the rules were more favorable to the "area" camper. The only difference in this case is that the dicks would be on the other side of the coin, claiming and petitioning for things that they really have no right to.

I sympathize with your position and with what happened. At the same time, I acknowledge that rules aren't perfect. However, they're probably a reasonable compromise between opposing sides on this debate - and that's really all you can ask them to be.

Virtuosos
03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
if im camping an area, then im not going to let some other group try and take it....they can come in and sit IN the room while my group sides out, but i wont stop pulling and ksing them...i was in that area first, not those jackass's

Kinamur1999
03-10-2010, 04:45 PM
if im camping an area, then im not going to let some other group try and take it....they can come in and sit IN the room while my group sides out, but i wont stop pulling and ksing them...i was in that area first, not those jackass's

and this is what practically every group ive been in since lvl 17, 23 now sticking to unrest/mm, has turned into. I really only see 2 maybe 3 camps in each zone at once, during peak hours there are to many groups and people just crowd in and starting ksing/training/bitching in every channel.

Its just getting old...

Abacab
03-10-2010, 04:49 PM
If I was a GM I'd ban every faggot that KS'd/Trained/Spamed etc. etc.

Then I'd be sad cause my server would only have 7 people NOT including myself

Virtuosos
03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Thats how it SHOULD be..Area camping. Camp 1 named, everything around it, and be happy. If it breaks into camping 2 named, then pick what named you want and camp that area, leaving the other named area to the other group.

Sol A ZL for the Foreman..Camp the rooms, invis wall, and the staircase area...Efretti camps the rooms and hallways....Its not hard

BUT PEOPLE ARE DICKS AND SHOULD BE SHOT

Kinamur1999
03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I know we cant ban every asshole on the server or there wouldnt be enough players left to raid anything.

I just dont see the rules being written in such a way that it screws people over that are legitimately trying to play, and benefits the leetist jerks.

Abacab
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I know we cant ban every asshole on the server or there wouldnt be enough players left to raid anything.

I just dont see the rules being written in such a way that it screws people over that are legitimately trying to play, and benefits the leetist jerks.

It'd be a neat function that in the case of asshattery and camp disputes when it's proven that we lock people for a week in the Z-axis box or the Qeynos jail.

Ferok
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Thats how it SHOULD be..Area camping. Camp 1 named, everything around it, and be happy. If it breaks into camping 2 named, then pick what named you want and camp that area, leaving the other named area to the other group.

Sol A ZL for the Foreman..Camp the rooms, invis wall, and the staircase area...Efretti camps the rooms and hallways....Its not hard]
So the GM's should go through the various contested spawns and assign different spawns to different camps?

Kinamur1999
03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Lets just say Group A is doing Zone in at mm pulling the zi mobs and mobs down the so called "canyon" camp. Group B is doing GY pulling mobs from the other half of "canyon" and both groups are getting good exp having no problems and keeping all spawns clear.

Group C moves in and does a camp check, ZI and Gy. well those are specific areas not right in the canyon so even though its clear, and been cleared for hours, theyre gonna move in.

I know there isnt an abundance of camps on the server, let alone good exp camps, but this is foolish your setting up right in a spot thats easily another camps mobs.

Who would join a full exp group sitting in a room waiting on the respawn of 4 mobs....

Virtuosos
03-10-2010, 05:06 PM
no? people should be mature enough to fuck off when people are obviously camping an area....but if they arent, the GM's can be petitioned, screenshots can be taken....what have you....Area should be a considerate distance though, not an entire zone.

and hell....it shouldnt even be considered a camp, more-so a camp ground

but then again...people are dicks. just dont let people take your spot -shrug-

Ferok
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
no? people should be mature enough to fuck off when people are obviously camping an area....but if they arent, the GM's can be petitioned, screenshots can be taken....what have you....Area should be a considerate distance

it shouldnt be considered a camp, rather a camp ground

but then again...people are dicks. just dont let people take your spot -shrug-

I get it, but see here again we are without the kind of hard and fast rules that GM's and Guides need to do their job.

Virtuosos
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
we could just make the rule "a camp is 100ft by 100ft" :p

Finawin
03-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Or, people could stop being fucking retards?

There isn't a single person on this server that doesn't understand the fucking rules. These people should just be banned on the spot, problem solved and everyone is happy.

Virtuosos
03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
banned for a day, not perma

new problem solved =p

Ferok
03-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Or, people could stop being fucking retards?

There isn't a single person on this server that doesn't understand the fucking rules. These people should just be banned on the spot, problem solved and everyone is happy.

What are the rules in this case, and who would you ban?

Curious.

Shamaeso
03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
the lvl 50 ganking the lowbie camp out of spite

Finawin
03-10-2010, 05:31 PM
What are the rules in this case, and who would you ban?

Curious.

Are you seriously asking this question? lol

I don't know if you're trolling or ignorant.

Ferok
03-10-2010, 05:33 PM
the lvl 50 ganking the lowbie camp out of spite

That seems difficult considering the guide/staff said he was in the right.

Kinamur1999
03-10-2010, 05:37 PM
technically if thers a spawn and someone isnt sitting on it, its open...

That is the current rule, that is my problem

Ferok
03-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Are you seriously asking this question? lol

I don't know if you're trolling or ignorant.

I guess I'm the latter. The rules seem to favor the level 50, by multiple accounts. So, either you'd change the rules and then ban the 50 mage; or you'd ban the OP.

Finawin
03-10-2010, 05:42 PM
If by favoring the prick you mean telling them they're only just barely getting away with it on a technicality for now, yeah.

No one is on their side but people that are also problems themselves. AKA people no one want on the server anyways.

Ferok
03-10-2010, 05:48 PM
If by favoring the prick you mean telling them they're only just barely getting away with it on a technicality for now, yeah.

No one is on their side but people that are also problems themselves. AKA people no one want on the server anyways.

So they should ban people that the rules favor? I get that it's a technicality, but most any rule you're going to come up with is going to have a technicality. You can call the guy a dick, but you really can't ban someone that's in the right. Even if he is a dick.

Finawin
03-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Lol yes, yes they can. This isn't a business. They're the fucking boss.

They can do whatever the fuck they want.

Trimm
03-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Seems like a good thread to name drop my old WoW guild.

www.ElitistJerks.com

Ferok
03-10-2010, 05:53 PM

You've got me there.

I imagine this server wouldn't keep the population it keeps if the GM's went around banning people indiscriminately, however.

Kinamur1999
03-10-2010, 05:56 PM
You've got me there.

I imagine this server wouldn't keep the population it keeps if the GM's went around banning people indiscriminately, however.

I think after about 20-25 bans, the server would be rid of the repeat offenders and after seeing 20 people get banned for it Whos gonna try?

Finawin
03-10-2010, 05:56 PM
No one would miss it if the campstealing jackasses suddenly weren't around.

No one.

Aeolwind
03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
You can call the guy a dick, but you really can't ban someone, Even if he is a dick.

Fixed & I've tried =D

Kinamur1999
03-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Fixed & I've tried =D

You don't try. You do!

J/K

Humerox
03-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Most of us that play here know the camps. They don't need to be f'ng defined. When someone is obviously being a dick, they need to wind up under the world, in the middle of PoH, or some other creative punishment needs to be applied for their dickishness.

It's not that f'n hard to be civil.

Virtuosos
03-10-2010, 07:33 PM
but you cant FORCE people to be civil, that would defeat the purpose...gotta be uncivil to force civility on people lol

we need a bouncer >.<

Shaun421
03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
George's thoughts on the civil war

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SINbIcHxNGg

Aaron
03-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Who was the lvl 50 camp stealer?

Finawin
03-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Phaser

Known shitbag and member of a fine upstanding guild, (IV lawl)

Modus
03-10-2010, 11:06 PM

Every time you speak, I hear a scared 14 year old girl from Salem crying "Witch! Witch!"

Sect. XII. The Children in their Fits would still cry out upon They and Them as the Authors of all their Harm; but who that They and Them were, they were not able to declare.

- MEMORABLE PROVIDENCES, RELATING TO WITCHCRAFTS AND POSSESSIONS (1689)

Hasbinbad
03-10-2010, 11:16 PM
www.ElitistJerks.com (http://www.ElitistJerks.com)
Second best guild name of all time!

Virtuosos
03-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Second best guild name of all time!

im not going to fall into that trap buddy boy......

LazyFuj
03-11-2010, 02:16 AM
don't let your healer go afk for 10 minutes, and go into the room you want to camp. Problem solved.

Kinamur1999
03-11-2010, 02:41 AM
don't let your healer go afk for 10 minutes, and go into the room you want to camp. Problem solved.

After 6 hours straight in a group, people need to go afk from time to time. We dont all play so much we require catheters.

LazyFuj
03-11-2010, 03:09 AM
After 6 hours straight in a group, people need to go afk from time to time. We dont all play so much we require catheters.

replace him/her.

Virtuosos
03-11-2010, 03:11 AM
MOAR PLAY LESS BREAK!!!!!

rawr

trolleleet
03-11-2010, 05:25 AM
replace him/her.

Please delete the game and stfu.