PDA

View Full Version : Can't see numeric value of mana

Sithany
03-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi guys...

I have a weird bug.. I made a Dark elf necro, and when I press " i " to see the inventory and stats, it doesn't show my mana? The only way to see my mana is by moving the mousecursor on top of the blue bar, and it will tell me the percentage value..

But when i'm soloing and need the mana for that last spell, 11% mana doesn't tell me much.

Any clues how to solve it? I've added a picture to show you.

P.S: Isn't the gif in the lower left side the one monks normally have??..

Wenai
03-10-2010, 05:09 PM
You are using the Velious UI. I am pretty sure you could never see your mana numerically during those eras. If you use the default UI with the Titanium Install, it will display the mana numerically.

Moving to technical forum as it really isn't a game mechanic bug.

Sithany
03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
What... ?.. So you are saying that after being able to see the mana in the original game and Kunark, people stopped seeing numeric values in Velious?. Hmm.

Other necros I have talked to are seeing their values. Gonna try and change to default to see if that changes anything but I can't see why velious UI should make a difference..

Sithany
03-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Loaded the backup of my default folder for the UI that I made upon install, and I can see the mana with the new "luclin" UI. Shame it isnt working with the oldschool pre-kunark one for us that like the really oldschool :)

Rogean
03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Thing about UI's.. they can be modified.. if you really wanted to you could add the mana values into that UI.

Aeolwind
03-10-2010, 07:31 PM
What... ?.. So you are saying that after being able to see the mana in the original game and Kunark, people stopped seeing numeric values in Velious?. Hmm.

Other necros I have talked to are seeing their values. Gonna try and change to default to see if that changes anything but I can't see why velious UI should make a difference..

No, the values on the UI didn't appear for numerical mana till I want to say Late luclin, when UI mods started. You can use the default UI and see it, but Nil went in and actively disabled it on the Velious UI.

Sithany
03-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Ahh.. ok. Thanks for clearing it up :). Just gonna run with the Luclin UI instead then. Thanks for the snappy reply and for running the server for all the rest of us :)

P.S. Could you call my school and explain why I have missed alot of classes lately? :p

Rauru
03-25-2010, 10:16 PM
I decided to add the numerical mana values back into the velious UI (also includes Ziggi's class icon fix). First extract the velious ui zip, from the setup section, into uifiles/default and then extract my zip overwriting the inventory file.

Droxx
03-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Step 1: Go to UI folder default_old.
Step 2: Copy EQUI_Inventory.xml
Step 3: Go to the UI folder you use.
Step 4: Paste.
Step 5: Mana.

cheeop
05-22-2011, 08:29 PM
That was the simplest way to return mana to my game, thanks!