PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I forgot about...

Krait
06-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Fun thread for recent returnees, or anyone. Add something surprising you forgot about. I'll start us off...

OMG, I forgot about mob abilities that make my screen go black!

azeth
06-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Fun thread for recent returnees, or anyone. I'll start us off...

OMG, I forgot about creep spells that make my screen go black!

Spell: Creep
-makes your screen go black

Xxtayce
06-27-2011, 11:57 AM
I forgot about the messages that show up in the loading bar when starting EQ...

"Teaching snakes how to kick."

Krait
06-27-2011, 12:01 PM
I forgot about the messages that show up in the loading bar when starting EQ...

"Teaching snakes how to kick."

LMAO

Polixenes
06-27-2011, 12:02 PM
I expect that was a joke that just whooshed way over my head but the spell is called Blind.

You can cure it with a Nightmare Hide which drops in Plane of Fear and rarely in Lavastorm, or clerics/shamans can cure with a spell.

Zarniwooop
06-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Edit: this isn't in keeping with the positive point of the thread, so I'll edit later when I'm not so cranky.

Striiker
06-27-2011, 12:40 PM
I forgot how much fun The Lost Temple of Cazic Thule can be. I had last been in there in 2000 on my enchanter and made a recent visit with my shadow knight. Apparently many others had forgotten about this zone based upon the responses when I sent out group invites. They all basically commented on how they hadn't been there in years or ever but were excited at the prospect of grouping there. People really should give this zone a second look. Nice drops, challenging battles, etc.
It was a re-learning experience for us all. Yeah.. CC is a must here :) It's outdoors (druids rejoice) I'm planning on returning this week.

Goofier
06-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Remember the detailed experience display? The one that gives you all the really good info? You remember...

/ex

vinx
06-27-2011, 01:43 PM
The goblin wizard on my first run to the docks in BB when server first opened

coming around the bend between kaladim and the docks i noticed this hill with tons of corpses and was like "wtf?"
then some dorf went zoomin past me only to get one shotted!
I lol'd hard at everyones misfortune and went around that mofo

h0tr0d (shaere)
06-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Those messages in the loading screen were not actually implemented until eh... late 2001 or beyond I think. I remember being in Japan when that happened.

Xxtayce
06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Pain and suffering punches YOU for 320000 damage.
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

Re-noob'd in Kelethin last week. I can go to the bank and chanter guild in Neriak by memory still, but falling out of the trees still hurts, too.

fishingme
06-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Spell: Blind

It really does blind you

Dr4z3r
06-27-2011, 03:41 PM
...Dre!

No, but seriously, I forgot about how bad corpse-runs could be. Especially when it comes to places like PoFear!

citizen1080
06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
...Dre!

No, but seriously, I forgot about how bad corpse-runs could be. Especially when it comes to places like PoFear!

CR's in deep seb were what i remember being horrible...I can think of several times that I payed 2kpp + for a summon and rez down.

Vohl
06-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Assuming /corpse is identical to live in ignoring Z-axis, a skilled rogue or monk with invis potions can CR from nearly anywhere in Sebilis as well. Drag corpses to the moat, then zone out, click in and drag up out of the water to ZI.

Deadmantis
06-27-2011, 06:56 PM
I forgot... I had to put a point in Meditate for it to actually work. Stared at my spellbook for awhile wondering why nothing was happening :o

Athosblack
06-28-2011, 06:26 AM
I forgot... I had to put a point in Meditate for it to actually work. Stared at my spellbook for awhile wondering why nothing was happening :o
Happened to me as well. Took me a bit to realize my skill wasn't advancing.

Deadmantis
06-28-2011, 07:43 AM
OMG I forgot about...
/gems

Otto
06-28-2011, 11:34 AM
The goblin wizard on my first run to the docks in BB when server first opened

coming around the bend between kaladim and the docks i noticed this hill with tons of corpses and was like "wtf?"
then some dorf went zoomin past me only to get one shotted!
I lol'd hard at everyones misfortune and went around that mofo

I think I was the first one to to die to that when the server launched... level 2 halfling running to group with the people on ventrilo in crushbone. First hour of server launch? That sucked.

Striiker
06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I remembered one thing which was (I think) never implemented here.. /consent originally let you loot another player's corpse. I recall how people were getting scammed by others with this little command by offering to help them get their stuff back.. This was in live for at least a few months..

fishingme
06-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Deathloops... I never EVER had gone through a death loop in live and just recently i have gone through a few @ 45.. fucking hell level death loops. was less than blue until 46 and i was sent back to 44 and 4orange after all my resses. Then it happened again the next day(less severe though, still looking for a res paying well!!)

Dr4z3r
06-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Deathloops... I never EVER had gone through a death loop in live and just recently i have gone through a few @ 45.. fucking hell level death loops. was less than blue until 46 and i was sent back to 44 and 4orange after all my resses. Then it happened again the next day(less severe though, still looking for a res paying well!!)

Hey be glad you weren't 46 when you got into it.

Death penalty = 10% of the xp it took you to gain the previous level. So the level after hell is basically double-death-penalty.

Xxtayce
06-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I forgot about hell level!

Zarniwooop
06-28-2011, 03:03 PM
I forgot what its like to actually run through classic zones with an edge of anxiety.

On live, post-2002 there was essentially nothing to fear running through any non-dungeon zone.

jarshale
06-28-2011, 03:30 PM
I forgot what its like to actually run through classic zones with an edge of anxiety.

On live, post-2002 there was essentially nothing to fear running through any non-dungeon zone.

this. oh god this

Xxtayce
07-06-2011, 01:58 PM
The Vision (tm) aka-nerfbat

deakolt
07-06-2011, 02:11 PM

Can you explain how this happens? Poor binding decisions or are you just talking about a bad death streak?

that sounds painful. I almost deleted my character after 4 deaths in a row. Losing over a level... yikes

Striiker
07-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Can you explain how this happens? Poor binding decisions or are you just talking about a bad death streak?

that sounds painful. I almost deleted my character after 4 deaths in a row. Losing over a level... yikes

A fellow guildie in Covenant of Blood on live back in 99 got stuck in a death loop. He was a wizard and he bound himself at the Evil eye camp in lower guk.. He was camping the manastone and fell asleep. I think he lost about 8 levels or so. The GM's thankfully restored his character.

So, the death loops are usually associated with being bound in a place where something agros you and kills you where you then respawn and are killed again, and again..

Galanteer
07-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Way back on one of my first raids I bound deep in Solb to go fight the dragon. After the raid broke I forgot to rebind, an hour or so later in an exp group (lucky in the same zone) I got killed and respawned at a fire giant's feet. Six or so deaths before I was able to run away the giant, die, respawn, memories and have mana for invisi before it got back....

I do remember a few afk deleveling deathloops happening to people on sullon zek.....

Dirtnap
07-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I prevent death loops by always binding in another zone than the one i plan to be fighting anything in. Saves a lot of grief to just avoid the possibility.

I forgot about how rough it is to start with no gear at all.

vinx
07-07-2011, 01:50 AM
speaking of death loops..

OMG, i forgot about... Gmge!
lol now that was some serious loopage