PDA

View Full Version : Kiting old way or new??

JDFriend99
06-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Is there any info on whether or not dot dmg and Root/snare not stacking will be changed back at all? This mainly applies to caster and kiting classes. I had heard rumor anyway 4 weeks ago that it would be changed back, because it was live for a month then revamped back to the old way.

This new method of rooting mobs to get full DOT dmg or fear kiting is rough with the pathing mobs take.

I'm only asking because when i made my druid and necro on live it was velious era, and i never saw a loss of dot dmg because i aggro kited and not fear kite or root rot the mobs.

Any info would help me alot, or pointing me in the direction of the thread that explains it. Thank you all... Enjoy!

garyogburn
06-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Is there any info on whether or not dot dmg and Root/snare not stacking will be changed back at all? This mainly applies to caster and kiting classes. I had heard rumor anyway 4 weeks ago that it would be changed back, because it was live for a month then revamped back to the old way.

This new method of rooting mobs to get full DOT dmg or fear kiting is rough with the pathing mobs take.

I'm only asking because when i made my druid and necro on live it was velious era, and i never saw a loss of dot dmg because i aggro kited and not fear kite or root rot the mobs.

Any info would help me alot, or pointing me in the direction of the thread that explains it. Thank you all... Enjoy!

I dont think itll be changed for awhile. If you are a necro, fighting just becomes a bit more inefficient. I feel for druids though :(

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
06-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Sometime down the line, root and snare will be changed into different effects and will then stack again. You can find the patch message from back in the day if you look. I'm not sure about the dot damage, so I won't speculate.

Preston27
06-27-2011, 12:47 PM
A question I have regarding DoT's. I can't remember when multiple people casting the same DoT and having them stack was implemented, can anyone recall?

baalzy
06-27-2011, 12:54 PM
On live you wouldn't have seen a loss of damage because on live-classic those numbers weren't reported to you anyways....

Edit: Multiple DoTs from different people was a luclin change.