PDA

View Full Version : Thank you so much!

Caridry
06-27-2011, 01:28 PM
so i was remembering the past, and stumbled upon p99, thank you so much for doing this, it really means more than you know to some people. This is just simply awesome. I have been looking for a F2P EQ server for when my kids are asleep at night and i need my cure for insomnia! Once i get my new vid card (i cant even run direct draw or d3d right now...) i will definately be joining! my choices are druid, enchanter, shaman... in that order! which would i have more success with in this community? =)

Supaskillz
06-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Druids are tough right now b/c their DoTs deal less damage while the mob is moving which makes kiting less efficient, although they can still quad kite effectively. On top of that one you are above level 40 or so you are not very useful in groups and it is quite difficult to find them. On the upside travel is quite easy as a druid, even the the nerf you can solo pretty effectively, and its fairly easy to make some plat with a druid.

Enchanters are always needed for groups and can solo if you need to.

Shamans are overpowered at level 60 but are not a must have for groups

Striiker
06-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Welcome to the server! You're in for a treat! Go with the class that you want. There's always a need for all of the classes. Some are more challenging. Grouping can be difficult regardless of class. The best approach is to start up a group on your own. It can be tough because you don't always know what you'll get in terms of quality of players but it sure beats sitting around LFG, waiting for someone else to invite you.

Stormhowl
06-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the server!

I think most people will tell you that an Enchanter (Clarity, Haste, Slows, CC) or a Shaman (Massive stat buffs, Haste, Slow, DPS) would do better in a group than a Druid, but honestly? Play what you want to play. There's no sense in playing a Shaman/Enchanter if you don't enjoy it just because you're more likely to get a group with them. This isn't WoW, we don't need to min-max and have the holy trinity + 3 DPS in every group.

Hopefully you can pick one you like. :)

Caridry
06-28-2011, 12:12 AM
well i played druid and warrior both until PoP thats when i stopped playing, it got a little too hardcore for my liking. But i started day one as a druid and loved it, but i ALWAYS wanted to try a chanter, but they were tough leveling as i remember back when i played...

Striiker
06-28-2011, 10:54 AM
well i played druid and warrior both until PoP thats when i stopped playing, it got a little too hardcore for my liking. But i started day one as a druid and loved it, but i ALWAYS wanted to try a chanter, but they were tough leveling as i remember back when i played...

Enchanters aren't too difficult to level. You can actually level them quite quickly once charm starts working properly through soloing. I always prefer to group though with my enchanter. Leveling up is slower but so much more gratifying.