PDA

View Full Version : LORE Question, What would happen if ...?

Ashimar
06-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Dandil Darkstun has Three "Wurmslayers" equipped. Primary, Secondary, Range. Dandil is not aware of the upcoming patch that makes the Wurmslayer LORE. During a 3 month hiatus from the server for IRL reasons, the server is patched. Dandil Darkstun logs in soon thereafter. He logs in ...

What will he find?

Will he permanently lose his other 2 wurmslayers?

Can he somehow have them transferred to 2 seperate characters
with the help of a GM?

Or is it his fault for not knowing that it was going to happen and
nothing will be done about it?

Doors
06-28-2011, 10:58 PM
I would say it isn't his fault because upcoming server patches are never really discussed by devs here. People always fish for answers on the server boards and rarely anyone with any authority gives an answer.

EvilMallet
06-28-2011, 10:58 PM
He is likely to be eaten by a grue.

jarshale
06-28-2011, 11:16 PM
rocks fall and he dies

Kika Maslyaka
06-28-2011, 11:18 PM
on LIVE, SOE would temporary mark items that were about to become LORE with "PENDING LORE" flag which you could see written in item stats

They would usually do this 1-2 weeks in advance of a lore nerf so people would be aware and sell off extra items.

And yes, the moment item goes full lore and you log onto your character - any duplicates will go POOF

greatdane
06-28-2011, 11:23 PM
What I suspect will happen:

Dandil will keep his three Wurmslayers. The ones he had equipped in secondary and range slot will be on his cursor when he logs in. He'll still be able to carry all three and trade them away, but only one at a time. If he dies with more than one on him, he'll only be able to loot one from his corpse.

Alternative:

Server admins will warn the players a week or so in advance, duplicate Wurmslayers will vanish, no reimbursement.

Kika Maslyaka
06-29-2011, 02:24 AM
not unless P99 devs want to rewrite a huge portion of source code that specifically deals to eliminating duplicate lore items, just to allow people to carry around extra lore items just for that
IMHo setting Pending Lore flag 2 weeks in advance is fair enough - you know you not suppose to have more than 1 of them, for like umm, 10 year now?

DevonG
06-29-2011, 02:53 AM
Ummm... (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=355)

Unless I'm missing something major here, Wurmslayer nerf was merely a change to primary only. The player would keep all 3, and would probably just have to bag the other 2.

Stibe
06-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Ummm... (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=355)

Unless I'm missing something major here, Wurmslayer nerf was merely a change to primary only. The player would keep all 3, and would probably just have to bag the other 2.

wtf. go to sleep or get in mumble. asshat.

Kika Maslyaka
06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
he is right thought- i don't see a lore tag on it anywhere