PDA

View Full Version : Does project1999 also recreate the classic Exploits?

Ashimar
07-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Like the getting rich off the goblins by the docks of butcherblock?

swimming south in the river of West Karana to be teleported to the other side
of the zone?

Warping: If you have a cable modem and know the safe spots around any zone (commonly used in old seb), you can unplug your Ethernet cable and run for 15-20 seconds to a predesignated safe area. You plug it back in before you are actually disconnected and your character will warp to the new location without agroing any mobs between the 2 spots.

Freeport: There was a dead spot that caused guards to path the long way around while staying in casting range, you then only had to strafe to the left a bit and the guards would run all the way back around the other way. You could easily get off 2 spells each time, then move 2 feet back to the right and get off 2 more spells in complete safety.

Chardok: You could levitate on top of a throne in one of the named rooms, letting you dot all the mobs in the room then hide from their spells.

Mages: I can't remember exactly how, but at one point (it was nerfed pretty quickly) You were able to summon multiple pets by casting eye of zomm (I remember using some goblin beads or something for this) in between each one. I remember spending an hour summoning pets around level 16 then destroying everything in Najena with 30+ air pets. (You could only pet attack with 1, but if you were hit all the pets would go after what hit you)

Overthere: If you fear mobs by the ramp leading to Skyfire, they will run into the corner continuously, this was widely used by exp groups, but I don't think it was ever intended.

Phinny: You could pull him to zone in solo using eye of zomm from the zone entrance

Secrets
07-04-2011, 04:20 PM

of the zone?

Warping: If you have a cable modem and know the safe spots around any zone (commonly used in old seb), you can unplug your Ethernet cable and run for 15-20 seconds to a predesignated safe area. You plug it back in before you are actually disconnected and your character will warp to the new location without agroing any mobs between the 2 spots.

Freeport: There was a dead spot that caused guards to path the long way around while staying in casting range, you then only had to strafe to the left a bit and the guards would run all the way back around the other way. You could easily get off 2 spells each time, then move 2 feet back to the right and get off 2 more spells in complete safety.

Chardok: You could levitate on top of a throne in one of the named rooms, letting you dot all the mobs in the room then hide from their spells.

Mages: I can't remember exactly how, but at one point (it was nerfed pretty quickly) You were able to summon multiple pets by casting eye of zomm (I remember using some goblin beads or something for this) in between each one. I remember spending an hour summoning pets around level 16 then destroying everything in Najena with 30+ air pets. (You could only pet attack with 1, but if you were hit all the pets would go after what hit you)

Overthere: If you fear mobs by the ramp leading to Skyfire, they will run into the corner continuously, this was widely used by exp groups, but I don't think it was ever intended.

Phinny: You could pull him to zone in solo using eye of zomm from the zone entrance

It depends on the exploit. If it's something that severely unbalances gameplay, the developers typically don't implement it, unless it was an intentional mechanic (ie: rangers sucking.)

Deadmantis
07-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I remember some of the exploits you mentioned on the Sony EQlive servers.

of the zone?

I used to use that one all the time :)

I don't know which of those are exploitable on the P99 servers but I think using any of them would probably result in a ban.

Amelinda
07-04-2011, 04:31 PM
also typically if you are caught by a guide/gm....bad things happen :)

Seaweedpimp
07-04-2011, 05:11 PM
My favorite exploit, ill have to notify amelinda that im about to test it (dont do it)

Its in highkeep in the nobles room, theres a small gold pot that small races used to fit behind and mobs wouldnt not be able to hit you.
I rolled a gnome necro on live and took him here about lvl 35. All you had to do was get major aggro, behind the pot then let the pet fihish em off, they wouldnt attk pet like they were still in mellee of the caster.

I must of leveled atleast 3 chars this way from 30- 52... Took about two days solo. 6 hours eachish.

One day i got caught , the next week they made a patch and it didnt work anymore.
This was id assume mid luclin so shit had been like this FOREVER.

I felt kinda cool. They didnt even suspend me or take away any exp. Live GM's were usually a pushover.

Anger
07-04-2011, 05:14 PM

of the zone?

Incoming patch, lol

YendorLootmonkey
07-04-2011, 05:48 PM
It depends on the exploit. If it's something that severely unbalances gameplay, the developers typically don't implement it, unless it was an intentional mechanic (ie: rangers sucking.)

Yeah, rangers sucking.... awesome exploit!!! =/

baub
07-04-2011, 06:08 PM
My favorite exploit, ill have to notify amelinda that im about to test it (dont do it)

Its in highkeep in the nobles room, theres a small gold pot that small races used to fit behind and mobs wouldnt not be able to hit you.
I rolled a gnome necro on live and took him here about lvl 35. All you had to do was get major aggro, behind the pot then let the pet fihish em off, they wouldnt attk pet like they were still in mellee of the caster.

I must of leveled atleast 3 chars this way from 30- 52... Took about two days solo. 6 hours eachish.

One day i got caught , the next week they made a patch and it didnt work anymore.

I felt kinda cool. They didnt even suspend me or take away any exp. Live GM's were usually a pushover.

lol i love hhk, thats a nice spot. i can think of about 2 other spots in the zone where this works also for small(or shrunk) races, and another 2-3 places that anyone can stand and npcs will just look at you dumbfounded

ps. even though i did probably 80% of 24-55 in HHK I didn't use any of the exploits, no ban pls <3

Aadill
07-04-2011, 06:23 PM
no ban pls <3

dblban

Skope
07-04-2011, 06:31 PM

there was the other one just outside of HHK in HHP where you lev up the rocks and cast on the mobs beneath you and they weren't able to hit you.

greatdane
07-04-2011, 07:01 PM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/retard-rickshaw/35658-eq-cheaters-nostalgia-eq1s-greatest-exploits-rumors.html

Somekid123
07-04-2011, 07:40 PM
None of these worked except the West Karana one. Use to be able to run right into the river and pop up at Soccer point.

This was well over a year ago, it was an easter egg Verant left behind, and back when Rogean use to join the Mumble channel and BS with us once 'n awhile, he told us he took it out even tho it is classic, didnt like that players could pop across the zone.

SupaflyIRL
07-04-2011, 09:29 PM
My favorite exploit on live was looting everything off your corpse and doing a /q with the loot window up. When you logged back in your rez timer was frozen so you had the full non empty corpse rot time (one week?) to get a rez.

e: not even sure if this was a well known exploit since I figured it out myself and didn't tell ANYONE. I was also a chardok farmer so i knew every single pathing exploit in that zone like the back of my hand

enatomi
07-04-2011, 10:17 PM
I remember using the shallow pool near one of the qeynos zone lines. You could stand in the pool and cast all day. I had a bard at the time so using the DD spell didn't really cut it. Still felt like a pimp tho.

Messianic
07-05-2011, 09:35 AM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/retard-rickshaw/35658-eq-cheaters-nostalgia-eq1s-greatest-exploits-rumors.html

I had an early/dev/broken copy of the Velketor's Lab zonefile that had a hidden tunnel leading from near the zonein straight through the wall and into the back of Velk's room. I always kept that version and refused to let the patcher patch it. I could walk into the wall and through that tunnel but everyone else with the normal zonefile couldn't.

It came in very handy one day when I discovered the guy who had previously stolen part of our guildbank was dual boxing at zoneline. I trained Velk to the zoneline, who killed both of the guys characters, and then, for added hilarity, bugged out and camped the zoneline/his corpses for 4-5 hours until a GM came and reset the zone.

I actually had this same bug and accidentally trained Velk to the zone a couple times because I had no clue how I kept aggroing him by walking through that wall.

I think it was because there was supposed to be a rock there, but it wasn't in my zone file.

Polixenes
07-05-2011, 09:54 AM
On Live, the teleport glitch used to work in East Karana too, swim under the bridge as if you were zoning into NK and you would gate across to the bottom of the High Pass ramp.

dusk883
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Isnt the WK teleport an easter egg vice an exploit?

Janus-SOK
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
In early Kunark, there was a certain spot in the Field of Bone, a spider cave, that had a nice little gem. You had to let one of the spiders beat you down to almost dying, and a level 50 Earth elemental would pop up and become your pet, instantly killing the spider. I can't recall if the spider had to be a special one, I want to say it had a different texture than the rest.

I abused the crap out of that one, got my Iksar Monk to like level 25 in a day with it.

Edit - Found it on Alla's. It was the burynaibane spider, per this post:
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=82&page=3#m15281

Morlaeth
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
also typically if you are caught by a guide/gm....bad things happen :)

no u~

Hamahakki
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I believe all the mob navigation waypoints on p1999 are placed by hand. They are meant to replicate EQ as close as possible, but they are not an exact copy.

So any exploits based around getting a mob stuck in a specific spot probably don't work on p1999. Likewise there might be some new ones which didn't work on live, but work here.

Mirakk82
07-05-2011, 09:37 PM
"Like the getting rich off the goblins by the docks of butcherblock?"

Goblin Blood was hardly an exploit. It was 1pp per blood, and you could make good money off it, sure. But you could make just as much selling CB belts to folks or running around collecting bone chips. The only thing that made it "broken" was that you could sell to a vendor instead of having to find a buyer. It was a minor convenience.

Swish
07-05-2011, 10:54 PM
"Like the getting rich off the goblins by the docks of butcherblock?"

Goblin Blood was hardly an exploit. It was 1pp per blood, and you could make good money off it, sure. But you could make just as much selling CB belts to folks or running around collecting bone chips. The only thing that made it "broken" was that you could sell to a vendor instead of having to find a buyer. It was a minor convenience.

Highpasskeepholdpass guards were better surely?

Georgeharrison
07-06-2011, 01:55 PM
There was an exploit in South Qeynos (I think?) where you could jump up on the roof of one of the houses and cast spells on the guard that stands by the clock. He could never get to you, so you'd kill him every time. I did it for so many levels before the GMs found me. Then they just made me jump down and get killed.

Psionide
07-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I remember for a short time on classic on my necro in solb casting dmf and floating over the lava and dotting the beetles to death while they couldn't hit me. That was changed realll quick.

Hasbinbad
07-06-2011, 02:23 PM
of the zone?
this did work for a long time