PDA

View Full Version : Turning off Mage pet luclin models

Trelaboon
07-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Okay, so i'm sorry if there's already a related thread, but I did a search and only found one thread that didn't fix the problem. My brother just started playing, and my pets always looked like the original, but for some reason his look like the Luclin pets. I want him to experience this game the way I did when I was his age (He's still a teenager) and I hate the Luclin models. I tried turning them off in options but they still look the same. How do we disable the new luclin models for pets? Thanks in advance.

Mcbard
07-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Hit options before you log in, and make sure the box for elementals/horses is unchecked. Reload EverQuest and enjoy!

Trelaboon
07-04-2011, 11:21 PM
That's what I tried...didn't work. =( Must be missing something else.

Swish
07-04-2011, 11:47 PM
You can iron out a few "creases" with Duxa's Installer and customise it how you want (check Technical Discussion, one of the stickies).... I'm 99% sure one of the many preferences you get asked to choose is to do with old or new elementals.

Personally Duxa's UI ranks well above the others, but as they say its "not classic" ;)

jarshale
07-04-2011, 11:49 PM
That's what I tried...didn't work. =( Must be missing something else.

same here. idk what the problem is

Mcbard
07-05-2011, 01:45 AM
You can open up your eqclient.ini folder and change

UseLuclinElementals=TRUE

to

UseLuclinElementals=FALSE

and reload the game as well.

Make sure ou are running notepad/eq as administrator etc.

Nirgon
07-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah, how about scripting all of these changes into single p99 downloadable format?

Deathrydar
07-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Hit options before you log in, and make sure the box for elementals/horses is unchecked. Reload EverQuest and enjoy!

This worked for me....not sure why it didn't work for others. :confused:

starspun
07-06-2011, 06:43 AM
This worked for me....not sure why it didn't work for others. :confused:

This worked for me too. The important bit is to restart the game afterwards, might be someone skipped that part..?

Trelaboon
07-09-2011, 05:08 PM
I tried all of these suggestions...still having Luclin pet models show up. Really frustrating. =(

Swish
07-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Tried Duxa's installer?