PDA

View Full Version : Help this noob.

acid_reflux
07-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey yall,

I been messing around with new characters here trying to figure out what to play. I first played EQ back when Luclin first came out and played until GoD ran me off. Was this game as hard back then as it is now on this server? I mean, holy crap. I made this erudite necromancer and after i freaken figured out how to get a key just to get outside, (death by npc just returned me to my gm), i got insta-gibbed by the first mob i came across. i mean "SPLAT" ass handed to me.

Basically I just want to solo so thats the reason for the necro. I dont have enough time to really do anything hardcore or with groups for hours on end. But, damn how long do i gotta take an asswhippen and make a bs run from my gm to corpse with the retard key/elevator etc... I was like WTF, delete. its faster to just make another new necro than do the corpse run at level 1. should i just make another brand of necro? like a midget or a scaleface?

Motec
07-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Make a dark elf or gnome. Both have better starting areas, can see at night, look significantly cooler etc.

Send me a tell sometime (/tell motec hey) and I'll come hook you up with a dagger and some HP buffs or something. Necro sounds right though for very little playtime and instant thrills.

acid_reflux
07-04-2011, 08:56 PM
thanks ill try the gnome and see how it goes.

acid_reflux
07-04-2011, 10:26 PM
eh, i made a dark elf instead. named Supernatural. seems to be much better than the jughead. at leaste my spawn point is outside. mass death is still the norm.

What level to you get spells every 5 levels?

Krait
07-04-2011, 11:26 PM
What level to you get spells every 5 levels?

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Necromancer

Also, don't forget to put a point into Meditate at the appropriate level:

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Skill_Meditate

jarshale
07-04-2011, 11:44 PM
ikky

Motec
07-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Stay the dark elf as its nice and central to most people with plenty of close by levelling and spells etc.

If I see you on I'll drop by and answer any questions you have.

choklo
07-05-2011, 03:15 AM
I have a level 54 DE necro. I hated getting the first 5-7 levels due to repeated death. I started to use hide when meditating, and it all got better. DE's have the hide skill right away, so use it while medding and you will die alot less.
Also, get that pet spell ASAP. He will save you often. I was unable to buy the pet spell early on due to lack of cash. This was my first toon on p1999 and I never beg for stuff. Once I got a pet, life was alot easier.

shdwdrake8
07-05-2011, 03:19 AM
When you hide, make sure you con a hostile mob. If it is still hostile (not Indifferent) your hide failed. Unless you're a rogue, you don't get a "hide was successful" or not message.

Koota
07-05-2011, 03:31 AM
When you hide, make sure you con a hostile mob. If it is still hostile (not Indifferent) your hide failed. Unless you're a rogue, you don't get a "hide was successful" or not message.

Loke
07-05-2011, 03:52 AM

I didn't even really read the entire OP, so not sure what the deal with this thread is, but to make this guys suggestion even more pro; if there are no KOS mobs around for you to con, or you are just awesome - to check whether or not your hide attempt was successful, after hiding, hit escape and then type "/target [your name]".. if you are able to target yourself you are not hidden.

Wizerud
07-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Doesn't the pet go bye bye if you hide? Just wondering.