PDA

View Full Version : Bard Kiting Question

mefisto
07-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Anyone else have a hard time bard kiting after about 6pm eastern? Before then, i can kite 10+ mobs with no lag or anything, it seems like after 6, i cant even kite 6 mobs without bad lag and dc'ing every other pull. Just wanted to know if its my piece of shit laptop that's the issue or if others are facing similar issues. Ciao.

Kraftwerk
07-05-2011, 11:04 PM
My first guess would be your laptop. I only play after 6PM EST and I regularly kite between 40-60 mobs with some lag, but not enough to prevent me from finishing my kite. Let me run through a list of things you can turn off to help reduce your lag:

- /hidecorpse all
- Sky Type - Off
- Show PC and NPC names Off
- Far Clip Plane ~10-25%
- All Particles Off completely
- Filter Damage Over Time : Hide
- Advanced: Shadows Off
- Advanced: Actor Clip Plane ~30-35%

This is what I do to help reduce lag, if any other Bards have tips add them on :)

mefisto
07-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Thank you very much. I will try those out and hope for the best

Arrisard
07-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Usually turn advanced lighting off, as well. Any auto-run anti-virus/spyware, large file traffic on PC/network, being on a wireless connection, etc.

And sometimes the powers just don't want you to kite. ISP might be choking due to volume, or anywhere between you and the server, etc.

Dr4z3r
07-06-2011, 09:36 AM
And sometimes the powers just don't want you to kite. ISP might be choking due to volume, or anywhere between you and the server, etc.

This is a distinct possibility, if it appears to be time-sensitive.

Also "/shows off" turns of spell effects. Very effective at reducing strain on your connection.

Pringles
07-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Turning shadows off was a HUGE win for me, but didnt affect the small kites, only the 20+ stuff.

mefisto
07-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks again for all the help. After implementing y'alls recommendations, I was able to do 20+ pulls without my EQ committing suicide. But I still seem to have a time problem. Before 530/6 today, I was able to pull 20+ mobs no problem, and was loving it. Then, again at around 530/6, the lag started as well as DC's, resulting in 4 deaths in a row on similar pulls i was doing a few hours earlier. And there were no inebriating substances taken in at 530/6! Is this something that I can take up with Comcast, or am I basically SoL after that time?

Pescador
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
If getting DC'ed is a problem, that's likely on your ISP's end.

Werlop
07-09-2011, 01:03 AM
The server is definitely less stable after approx 2AM EST. I've been in AE groups with 150+ mobs running towards us, and everyone in the group definitely noticed the difference late at night. I don't think that's the problem here though. Check with your ISP. Maybe they do maintenance at 6?