PDA

View Full Version : "Special Rules" for jaded chokidai prod camp

Tasslehofp99
07-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Can someone point me to a thread where these rules are? I've been told you're allowed to AFK for 4 hours till your mob is due to spawn. This seems kinda stupid as I thought you had to be at your keyboard to actually claim a camp. I also thought AFK-camping was frowned upon on this server and would result in being booted to char select. Anyone know whats really going on with this camp?

azeth
07-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Anyone know whats really going on with this camp?

So I logged on Muse when Kunark premiered, camped at the BB docks with Daltheb and a few other folks and waited for the boat. Once it arrived, Daltheb and I hauled ass over the ocean with bard speed, hit the port room Cabilis portal, zoned into LOIO and B lined for the Chancellor camp. We arrived just in the knick of time as a TR bard was literally 1 second behind us, however we engaged chancellor, looted and proceeded to maintain the camp until more folks arrived.

Then TR shitfoxed it away later on, because Bearnuts was fapping so hard he DC'd or some horse shit.

Brut
07-08-2011, 08:03 AM
I thought the AFK camping moreso means pet classes leaving pet on guard at some spawn point and going afk for the night?

Regardless, sounds like rubbish that you'd be obligated to stare at the floor textures for 3h 59mins, when you got nothing to do on your toon until the respawn.

Arkyani
07-08-2011, 08:42 AM
4 hours? try 20 hours if a few people are in front of you in line. Which is exactly why you can AFK up until its time for your 4 hour slot.

You CANNOT AFK when the camp is yours for that 4 hour period I assume.

Uaellaen
07-08-2011, 09:12 AM
you can AFK all you want, as long as you sit at the camp, and engage the mob within a reasonable time (5 ~10 seconds is not reasonable btw ...) ...

no one is forcing you to stare 4 hours at your screen ... thou if you are late and someone else already engaged because the mob is up for 5+ mins, tough luck ...

Lazortag
07-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Then TR shitfoxed it away later on, because Bearnuts was fapping so hard he DC'd or some horse shit.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3237/bearnuts.png

Mcbard
07-08-2011, 06:24 PM
This has been discussed over and over. Here a couple of threads full of posts if you want to brush up on what people think about it rather than rehashing the same ole argument!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41492
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38875

Edit: lol bearnuts

Stormhowl
07-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Totally semi-related question but, is Howling Stones even that great of a zone? I don't understand why there's such a huge lineup for, and so much drama involved over, the JCP. I never even remember it being a zone people ever talked about back in classic.

Harrison
07-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Can someone point me to a thread where these rules are? I've been told you're allowed to AFK for 4 hours till your mob is due to spawn. This seems kinda stupid as I thought you had to be at your keyboard to actually claim a camp. I also thought AFK-camping was frowned upon on this server and would result in being booted to char select. Anyone know whats really going on with this camp?

You can AFK the entire time up until the spawn of the mob. You have a "reasonable" amount of time to engage from the time of that spawn in an indoor camp.

This is how it was for a very, very long time. Unless it has changed this is still how it is. All of this "special rules" talk is bullshit.

baalzy
07-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Totally semi-related question but, is Howling Stones even that great of a zone? I don't understand why there's such a huge lineup for, and so much drama involved over, the JCP. I never even remember it being a zone people ever talked about back in classic.

I've been there like... 4 times since I got my key like 2 months ago.

Theres some decent twink loot to be had there, couple really nice other items. Aside from that, it's a PITA to corpse recover in, but the xp is good if you bring a good party with you.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-08-2011, 07:22 PM
It's a valid point. It is afk camping. Rules were altered to suit campers there in recent history.

Aadill
07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
AFK Camping is defined by using a pet class and parking a pet in an area with respawns that the pet can handle solo without interaction from the pet owner whilst netting positive XP gain. It was frowned upon because a Magician or Necromancer could easily level without even being at the computer. There is no other definition of AFK camping that has ever been defined in the history of this server by the population at large.

Anger
07-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I see this thread getting locked by Uthgaard quite soon.

Basic rules are basically be adult about it. Keep a good list of the people in line. Be back and active during your 4 hour window.

If you get bumped somehow, figure it out between yourselves. I have a feeling if Uth or Amelinda get another petition about this camp they'll be handing out some suspensions.

Lazortag
07-08-2011, 09:44 PM

Yes, it is a great zone. The exp, the loot, and the low difficulty of the mobs is all very awesome.

Werlop
07-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Also no one really goes there so you usually have your run of the place.

The "rules" for the camp were actually decided by the first few players that got it after the GM's got pissed at all the petitions over it. The people there made up a few commonsense rules, and everyone else since either has been very nice about following the community rules or honestly thinks that they were made by a GM.

When I did it, you were allowed to afk until your turn, couldn't afk for >20 minutes on your turn, and had 20 minutes to come back from a LD to reclaim your spot. I hear that's the standard.

Slave
07-08-2011, 10:54 PM
The worst part is when people who can't handle the spawn claim a spot in line and then think they're entitled to kill it with their alts and/or friends coming by 5 minutes before the pop to 'help' them. This is an affront to humanity and several minor deities.

Felwithemagi
07-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Yes OP I agree as the previous related thread was ambiguous. I would like to know as well what the official rules are on this camp.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Just because the definition of afk camping is limited does not mean it changes what afk means, or what camping means. If you're away from your keyboard, and you're camping something, you are afk camping. Not being a magician or a necromancer doesn't change that. Afk leveling is another thing entirely. Just because afk camping is a misnomer here does not change the fact what people do at the Prod camp is in fact afk camping. Now I agree with what Anger said in the regards to common sense. Unfortunately people are incapable of applying it here, it seems they would rather have fluid 'rules' that change when it suits them best. If you can't afk camp in droga, why lake of ill omen. If you can't afk camp in splitpaw, why lake of ill omen. Give me a break. No matter how they tried to pass off the fact the Emperor had some new clothes, in fact he was naked. Calling an apple an orange doesn't change the fact it's an apple.

Uthgaard
07-09-2011, 03:28 AM
AFK camping is defined in the rules and has been reiterated numeous times by everyone from nilbog to myself. Going afk while waiting for a spawn is not afk camping. Sticking a pet on a spawn point to let it farm the mob is. I don't understand why you have such a need to constantly argue about ridiculous things, and spout off provocative statements as if they're true. Get over your daddy issues, shaere.

This thread has been done to death. Refer to page 1 for links.