PDA

View Full Version : New Player/Bard question about armor.

Greenhoe
07-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi,

I just started playing EQ again on P1999 yesterday after leaving EQ once Omens came out. I really love playing it again, although I can't figure out how to get armor, I looked up the old newbie armor quests I did when I was originally playing and found some on EQdiva although when I talk to the NPC for example the NPC that should start the quest in South Qeynos and talk to Sollari Bekines although when I talk to her nothing happens.

Is it possible these armor quests were added after the original trilogy? If so how can I work on getting armor at low level (level 4 currently).

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
07-08-2011, 11:11 AM
You've got to make sure that the quests you're looking to existed when Kunark was out. I made the mistake of getting all excited about an armor quest starting in Neriak/Nektulos that wasn't out until Luclin.

After that, I gave up on the armor quests and just focused on leveling, grabbing whatever cloth/plate dropped.

Also, a very nice Dark Elf cleric dropped a full set of bronze armor on me when I was level 12, so there's that too :D There's a lot of people on this server who hand out items to new players, you're bound to run into one.

Not suggesting you wait and beg... but yeah, if I see a new player I usually hand them some platinum or banked gear. It's pretty common for people to do, I think.

falkun
07-08-2011, 12:05 PM
The newbie armor quests didn't exist in the Classic -> Velious era. The only class armor that exists for bards can be found here (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Armor_Sets). Without buying either lambent or Singing Steel, you are basically left with scrounging up cloth/leather/bronze until you can quest lambent starting in the late 20s (with a group). You could also buy a set of banded for dirt cheap in EC.

I've quested any lambent pieces I have solo starting in the low 40s without much issue. And then when you hit 46 get into a guild and run hate. Imbrued drops frequently and there aren't many bards out there. And stat-wise, imbrued bests all but the BP/legs of Singing Steel.

Dr4z3r
07-08-2011, 03:04 PM
The only quests you'll be doing for armor are Lambent quests from SolRo, starting around lvl 28.

Until then, all you need is banded and the vendor instruments.

Messianic
07-08-2011, 03:10 PM
The only quests you'll be doing for armor are Lambent quests from SolRo, starting around lvl 28.

Until then, all you need is banded and the vendor instruments.

And even so, mistmoore drums or lutes of the gypsy princess are fairly easy to come by for 100-200p.

falkun
07-08-2011, 03:42 PM
If you pair more than 100p for either mistmoore drums or gypsy loot, someone is ripping you off.