PDA

View Full Version : Does /guildwar work?

dusk883
07-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Worked at least briefly on Tallon Zek back in the day.

Would be a lot of fun, no?

a little info: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=1&mid=1266618372181436319&howmany=50

JenJen
07-08-2011, 02:11 PM
doh

Extunarian
07-08-2011, 02:13 PM
this made me think of:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7949&highlight=kimmie+nalkin

Lazortag
07-08-2011, 02:19 PM
this made me think of:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7949&highlight=kimmie+nalkin

pretty hilarious how he guildwared divinity yet Nalkin categorically refuses to duel me.

dusk883
07-08-2011, 02:21 PM
so it works?!

I want to be a part of newb guild war!

Lazortag
07-08-2011, 02:23 PM
so it works?!

I want to be a part of newb guild war!

I don't think it works, even though the request is sent - if you bother rogean about it he might make it work, he was interested in this a while back.

dusk883
07-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Enabling this, or fixing it, would be the coolest thing ever. Appease the old zek people, too. Would be neat to see pvp more often, allow us to hunt players again, and be a spectator as well. I bet this would bring out a ton of players from the woodwork who haven't tried P99 yet. Its the ONLY thing missing here...pvp. Duels are a snore...

Not that I have a single character over level 16 but this would surely motivate some of us IMO. Lately I'm in EC trading as a former zek'er which I never did 10 years ago. Enabling guildwars would be crazy fun.

PurelyElf
07-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Guildwar was bugged to shit on live. My all elf guild on vallon went to war with another all elf guild due to differing ideaologies. Things like root and snare would last indefinitely for some reason, and there were lots of other bugs I can't remember.. This was years ago. I seriously doubt it's even enabled to work here, and if it is I can't imagine it working even as well as on live.

:/

Athosblack
07-08-2011, 03:39 PM
oh man that Kimmie and Nalkin thread is golden!! That ss is pure laugh

mwatt
07-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Worked at least briefly on Tallon Zek back in the day.

Would be a lot of fun, no?

a little info: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=1&mid=1266618372181436319&howmany=50

If you are asking me... it would be a lot of fun, NO.

dusk883
07-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Guildwar was bugged to shit on live. My all elf guild on vallon went to war with another all elf guild due to differing ideaologies. Things like root and snare would last indefinitely for some reason, and there were lots of other bugs I can't remember.. This was years ago. I seriously doubt it's even enabled to work here, and if it is I can't imagine it working even as well as on live.

Worked fine on Tallon Zek for the time it did work. We, the Merciless Midgets (all shortie) and me as the GL didn't adhere to the culture that came around where it's "Light vs Dark" and we killed anything taller than us (gnomes, halflings, and dwarves). And we especially despised a guild that was primarily High Elf as they were very homosexual in appearance and I didn't want to be a part of their "team"...that guild was Celestial Order or something. So we could already kill them without the /guildwar but WITH /guildwar there were no level limits. The MMs were low levels for the most part, only a few 50s but tons of 30s and under as so many people had alts who wanted to be a part of it. The other guild was 3x bigger and almost all 48+... we agreed to it and had the time of our lives for 14 days or so. I remember they corpse camped a guildie for 12 days in rotation in the OOT and took pride that one of our 50s couldn't play...meanwhile his alt MM, myself and the rest of our 40-50s were slaughtering Faydark elves without protection. Fun stuff. So I don't think the /guildwar thing is broken THAT much, the pvp works fine as it always did, I think it just removes the level limit to any level can pvp with opposing guild tags. That, in my estimation, is what needs to be enabled. Pvp works fine right? Otherwise we couldn't /duel. I just can't imagine its that hard to enable /guildwar... had to be something else behind the scenes why it was a short lived feature on live.

PurelyElf
07-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun. But it really was WAY buggy. I remember guildchat and tells with the bad guys loling and complaining about how fubar the pvp was :p

nalkin
07-08-2011, 06:40 PM
pretty hilarious how he guildwared divinity yet Nalkin categorically refuses to duel me.

Last time I accepted a duel from Geegoo was in gfay at the wizard spires. I didn't even have a pet out when I accepted (thats how bad I knew i would pwn him). I then summoned a pet at which point Geegoo bard speed ran all the way to crushbone and around the far end of the zone. I sat at the spires talking to people for a while and eventually forgot I had even dueled him because he never came back. After a half hour I camped out.

vinx
07-08-2011, 06:49 PM

haha nice.. i remember this!
I just got recruited into Elven Royal Guard at the time, were you ERG or Illuvitae?
I dont remember indefinite root but i remember complaints about snare lasting longer than it should.. might of been a few bugs but was still fun ;)

PurelyElf
07-08-2011, 06:52 PM
haha nice.. i remember this!
I just got recruited into Elven Royal Guard at the time, were you ERG or Illuvitae?
I dont remember indefinite root but i remember complaints about snare lasting longer than it should.. might of been a few bugs but was still fun ;)

Illuvitae ofc! You evil xteam, you. :p

vinx
07-08-2011, 06:53 PM
ERG didnt go x-team till way later LOL
but yea they left me in dust by then, and i joined silver sun for a few months

didnt have the play times back then to keep up like i do now

PurelyElf
07-08-2011, 07:01 PM
ERG didnt go x-team till way later LOL
but yea they left me in dust by then, and i joined silver sun for a few months

didnt have the play times back then to keep up like i do now

Am I remembering wrong? I thought ERG was grouping, raiding and PKing with humans and shorts from near the start of the guild? Maybe it happened later, but I distinctly remember disliking y'all for making a mockery of elfin purism lol.

Edit: http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7915

You guys STARTED crossteaming! Omg you were the worst of the worst :O

vinx
07-08-2011, 07:14 PM
ok maybe a little lol BUT.. we didnt guild anyone other then elves.
we aligned with -The First Dwarven Brigade- alot early on, who guilded dorfs and gnomes i think??
wasnt until pop or somethin that ERG invited a few barb shamans/missing classes etc as guild alts, which lead to looser invites for other races which lead to everyone moving to SS and ERG basically died.

Edit: actually... i dont think there was any other race invites cept alts. and even then im not sure if they were guilded??
they were for raid purposes only, but yea. it opened the door for everyone to move to SS where they could invite all their toons and other races

PurelyElf
07-08-2011, 07:18 PM
ok maybe a little lol BUT.. we didnt guild anyone other then elves.
we aligned with -The First Dwarven Brigade- alot early on, who guilded dorfs and gnomes i think??
wasnt until pop or somethin that ERG invited a few barb shamans/missing classes etc as guild alts, which lead to looser invites for other races which lead to everyone moving to SS and ERG basically died.

A little? You disgraced every player with a yellow name. Dwarves are food, not friends :/

vinx
07-08-2011, 07:47 PM
guess we were sorta anti-pkish
we had a mutual agreement to defend our zones/races ie, ERG=Gfay and FDB=BB and we allowed those tags to roam each zone.
we werent purists to the point of killin anyone and everyone
we just killed anyone attacking elves (or us) and killed anyone or any guild on the KOS list.

back on topic: i remember after about a week you guys started losing members and those still in guild started going /anon
thats the memory i have of those couple weeks, sorry lol
iirc that was a 30 day war?? and who was your character? i started gettin along with the leader much much later
so late in fact i think he was the only one left in guild lol
me and a friend were just about to join him then could never find him online again =/

PurelyElf
07-08-2011, 07:59 PM
You started the "light team". IE: the bluebie xteamers.

Anyway, no, we didn't lose any members over you lol. Some of us got way fed up with the buggy guildwar shit and they stopped logging in much during the war and went anon. I called them bluebies in guildchat.

But you guys were doing the same thing, and you know it :p

I had a couple friends in ERG and lots of people were crying about it. On both sides hehe

vinx
07-08-2011, 08:05 PM
You started the "light team". IE: the bluebie xteamers.

might have, not to long after.. like late velious? i think some other guilds created HECK as a raid alliance
(where i joined Elven Chivalry for a few months)
then things started going downhill on both good/evil sides real fast lol

vinx
07-08-2011, 08:19 PM
we had superior numbers..
the guildwar lasted about 2 weeks iirc before you guys stopped loggin in or going /anon
then there was a week or so of nothing really happenin cept the occasional kelethin bank fights when a /anon would show up LOL
but ya, i remember guildchat complaints but i dont remember people not loggin in or going /anon :)

them were good times.. a guild war option would be fun!

PurelyElf
07-08-2011, 08:31 PM
might have, not to long after.. like late velious? i think some other guilds created HECK as a raid alliance
(where i joined Elven Chivalry for a few months)
then things started going downhill on both good/evil sides real fast lol

ERG was part of HECK, if I'm remembering correctly. Sometime during velious was when I quit Illuvitae to become a 4teamer. It was a tough decision, but because of the choices made by guilds like ERG, high-end progression for elf (and short and human) team became impossible. It was very sad, too. Would have been very interesting to raid without FD pullers or shaman.

At the time I considered re-rolling as dark, to continue playing as a purist while still being able to participate in some raids. But I loved playing a bard, and was attached to my character. So I went 4-team; and my most hated enemy remained to be you 3-teamers.

"Good team" didn't start to go downhill at all. At least not for years. Defiant was the best pve guild on the server and lots of terrible (in pvp) "light" guilds were able to progress by not needing to compete with them. Wasn't it in like god expansion when defiant finally went 4-team? And immediately after so did zeph, aerist and all the others lol. Like sheep.

PurelyElf
07-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh and we won that war btw; you're remembering wrong!

vinx
07-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh and we won that war btw; you're remembering wrong!

:D

PurelyElf
07-08-2011, 09:06 PM
I bet all the blues reading this thread are jealous now, because their eq experience was very bland in comparison.

Nubben
07-08-2011, 09:22 PM
I bet all the blues reading this thread are jealous now, because their eq experience was very bland in comparison.

This is absolutely true for me. I played on a blue server for years and had a lot of fun, but this does sound pretty awesome.

dusk883
07-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Lets get all the closet "I shoulda played more pvp" players to come out and ask Rogean to enable us for /guildwar!

If it were enabled, I'd love to start or be a part of a lower level guild to go to war with another lower level guild. One idea would be the unique experience of gnomes vs elves at low levels I don't know if there is such a thing more fun than just this alone. We wouldn't upset the normal pve experience because our guildwars would be strictly voluntary.

Malev
07-18-2011, 06:19 PM
ERG was part of HECK

God no. HECK was

H - The last 'Humble' House
E - Emerald Defenders
C - Code of Honor
K - Knights of Vallon

No ERG.

runlvlzero
07-18-2011, 06:42 PM
ide love if guildwar worked but i think it was sorta broken on live for awhile and never got fixed.