PDA

View Full Version : Chtulu under new ownership

Mustaza
07-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Just as an FYI as we've gotten some gasps as of late, Mischief purchased the infamous Chtulu account to tank in a pinch on raids. He is now only being played by Mischief officers. Eyeke escrowed the sale (which we got an amazing deal on due to his reputation) and can vouch for the trade. We realize he has quite the reputation, and believe us, there's no way in hell we'd let him in otherwise!

Thanks!

greatdane
07-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Out of curiosity, what's the deal with the former owner? Only ever heard that there was some big scandal or something, never the details. *popcorn*

Tiggles
07-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Out of curiosity, what's the deal with the former owner? Only ever heard that there was some big scandal or something, never the details. *popcorn*

He's just a big tard.

Also he will try and jack the account back so take precautions

greatdane
07-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Oh, boring.

JenJen
07-09-2011, 12:29 AM
finally some hot celebrity gossip

Pescador
07-09-2011, 12:33 AM
http://common.allakhazam.com/images/4/f/4fcbe34902593fd82914b2a8c4c0c1a4.png

citizen1080
07-09-2011, 02:32 AM
As long as you changed the email on the account and both the eqemu password and login account password you are 100% safe short of someone keylogging you.

I have escrowed countless accounts and have yet to have one get stolen back.

Widan
07-09-2011, 02:39 AM
As long as you changed the email on the account and both the eqemu password and login account password you are 100% safe short of someone keylogging you.

This is not true at all. I know of a couple characters offhand who were reclaimed by the original owner even after giving out the eqemu info.

edit: including one that was sold to you, and you then resold, and was reclaimed a few months later. although the person who bought it from you went inactive so I doubt he even knows he is no longer in possession of said account.

Harrison
07-09-2011, 03:30 AM
This is not true at all. I know of a couple characters offhand who were reclaimed by the original owner even after giving out the eqemu info.

edit: including one that was sold to you, and you then resold, and was reclaimed a few months later. although the person who bought it from you went inactive so I doubt he even knows he is no longer in possession of said account.

There is more to the story then, here.

If the information is changed you can't take your account back. Something else happened, and it's likely the buyer gave the info to a "friend" like 99% of all account theft.

Widan
07-09-2011, 04:33 AM
There is more to the story then, here.

If the information is changed you can't take your account back. Something else happened, and it's likely the buyer gave the info to a "friend" like 99% of all account theft.

Yes you can. Go through the eqemu site and claim your account was stolen.

chtulu
07-09-2011, 07:11 AM
http://captionsearch.com/pix/thumb/nb0pw5n8yk-t.jpg

JayDee
07-09-2011, 08:15 AM

Yo Bobbay I have tried contacting you a few times

RSVP

Swish
07-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Really, just level your own characters on your own account that you don't share with anyone. All this stolen/sold account BS - too much hassle...and not what most people turned up for.

Rainflush
07-09-2011, 01:50 PM

Well, he can't spell his own name at any rate, assuming he's named after H.P Lovecraft's "Cthulhu".

"Spelling and pronunciation

Cthulhu has also been spelled as Tulu, Clulu, Clooloo, Cthulu, C'thulhu, Cighulu, Cathulu, C'thlu, Kathulu, Kutulu, Kthulhu, Q’thulu, K'tulu, Kthulhut, Kulhu, Kutunluu, Ktulu, Cuitiliú, Thu Thu,[2] and in many other ways. It is often preceded by the epithet Great, Dead, or Dread.

Lovecraft transcribed the pronunciation of Cthulhu as "Khlûl'-hloo" (IPA: [ˈχɬʊl.ɬuː] ?).[3][4] S. T. Joshi points out, however, that Lovecraft gave several differing pronunciations on different occasions.[5] According to Lovecraft, this is merely the closest that the human vocal apparatus can come to reproducing the syllables of an alien language.[6] Long after Lovecraft's death, the pronunciation kə-THOO-loo (IPA: /kəˈθuːluː/) became common, and the game Call of Cthulhu endorsed it."

There's a lot of options there, so even if the proper name got rejected you could still employ a legitimate corruption. Though I suppose most players are largely indifferent to their character names.

Slave
07-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Though I suppose most players are largely indifferent to their character names.

Which is a damn shame. I saw somebody complaining about their supposed BF who had deleted all their characters. Anybody got a level 20 character for sale? That's just either a pathetic cry for cheats or a great con.

Listen people, names matter. Our ancestors knew it. I mean, if you know the true name of a demon you can even control it! Just don't step out of the bounds of your pentagram, whatever they promise you.