PDA

View Full Version : Individual Wealth

tekniq
07-11-2011, 04:16 PM
What's considered "wealthy" on this server? is 100k the threshold? If i can take a stab at it, I would want to say:

< 30k = lower class
50-60k = middle class
70-100k = upper middle class
100k+ = rich
250k-500k = filthy rich
1million+ = obsurd

any other input/ideas?

Atmas
07-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Is this about PP, $, or Yuan?

Ele
07-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Are you talking about pure PP, PP + tradeable items, or whole character valuation with no drops?

Troy
07-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Most single high end items are 100k or so, I'd say more like 500k+ would be rich. Being able to buy a single fungi tunic if you liquidate your entire account is not really rich IMO.

Aadill
07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Most single high end items are 100k or so, I'd say more like 500k+ would be rich. Being able to buy a single fungi tunic if you liquidate your entire account is not really rich IMO.

Young economist. He's spot on, tbh. Rich means you can buy what you want when you want it.

tekniq
07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
i'd want to say total assets (discluding non-drop items)

deakolt
07-11-2011, 04:32 PM
< 10k: poverty, eating out of trash cans, homeless
10k-30k: lower class, eat at mcdonalds a lot, probably overweight
30k-100k: middle class, you and me, the up and coming with upwards mobility at our fingertips
100k-500k: upper middle: yeah I could buy a lambo, yeah it would cost me several years of savings
500k-1mil: rich
1mil +: fuck you dude get a life

karsten
07-11-2011, 04:33 PM
i think trying to put an arbitrary structure on the definition of wealth is quite patently obsurd

tekniq
07-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Young economist. He's spot on, tbh. Rich means you can buy what you want when you want it.

well in context, i would put buying a fungi in relation to a private jet irl. yea i can buy a jet and it's going to hurt my pocket, but i can also afford 95% of other items on this server that wouldn't damage my wealth at all. Thats why I believe, 100k+ is still pretty rich.

Messianic
07-11-2011, 04:38 PM
i think trying to put an arbitrary structure on the definition of wealth is quite patently obsurd

Young philosopher

Eyeke
07-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Being rich is all about giving back.
We need more philanthropists up in here.

Hasbinbad
07-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I kinda think that unless you can field 5 mil post liquidation, you're not really rich.

ITT: a lot of self-styled ballers.

azeth
07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
I kinda think that unless you can field 5 mil post liquidation, you're not really rich.

I'd hypothesize there are less than 3 people who could do this.

Trystych
Bob

deakolt
07-11-2011, 04:59 PM
One player with 5Mil in wealth could absolutely wreck the economy for a few days, if not longer.

Haha that would be fun

This has been my hope for the Trade Federation since their inception. Do me right bros

Eyeke
07-11-2011, 05:20 PM
The Trade Federation encourages a healthy economy and enjoy playing merchants as much as you enjoy killing a_gnoll081.

You won't get any economy wrecking out of us.

There's some guild banks with 5mill+ in items. I need to buy them.

Slave
07-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Do me right bros

Tiggles
07-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Hood Rich

Barkingturtle
07-11-2011, 05:28 PM
The Trade Federation encourages a healthy economy and enjoy playing merchants as much as you enjoy killing a_gnoll081.

You won't get any economy wrecking out of us.

You guys are pretty bad price gougers imo.

You in particular are either clueless about the value of certain items or are purposely preying upon the ignorance of others. I preferred Bob to the current wave of tunnel-questers.

Tiggles
07-11-2011, 05:31 PM

You in particular are either clueless about the value of certain items or are purposely preying upon the ignorance of others. I preferred Bob to the current wave of tunnel-questers.

Eyeke is a fair and honest gentlemen maybe you don't know how to haggle with a man?

I tell him to fuck off on prices quite often and we always come to an agreement.

Hasbinbad
07-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Hood Rich
Shaq is rich. The white man that signs his checks is wealthy.

Slathar
07-11-2011, 06:09 PM

another hilarious and unique insight

Zarniwooop
07-11-2011, 06:49 PM
If you'll excuse me, I need to go dumpster diving.

gprater
07-11-2011, 07:21 PM
all these numbers!....killing me:) you only need lots o money to but the very best gear, and you only need the very best gear if you want to raid. (which I dont enjoy at all). So, basically you raid to get gear so you can raid some to get more gear so you can raid some.............what a cycle.

So, I said that to say this......rich isnt defined by plat or gear. I can group in any zone at or slightly above my level that isnt a raid zone with other people similarly geared as myself, and i have never had more than 8k total among all toons combined. 52 cleric if you are gonna ask.

Sorry didnt mean to change the thread direction.....but when i see these huge prices on gear in EC i wonder 1. who can afford it? 2. why would they but it for that price? and 3. is it really gonna help them to camp LCY in KC that much better?

You know why the server crashed last week during the afternoon dont you? Someone sold a CoF for less than 500k. :)

Eyeke
07-11-2011, 09:04 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that many items are sold on consignment and the price is set by the seller. Shooting the messenger feels good but at least be well informed.

Trade Federation pricing is always reviewed so if you feel like someone is gouging feel free to let me know. We try to stay near goonquest, and keep that tool as accurate as possible.

Thanks for the reply Tiggles

Barkingturtle
07-11-2011, 09:12 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that many items are sold on consignment and the price is set by the seller.

Excellent point and something I had not considered.

Also, I appreciate your tone and professionalism. That wasn't fair of me. Please accept my apology for jumping to the conclusion that you dudes are a bunch of greedy cockmonglers.

It's not you; it's just your clients, evidently. Ah hell, who am I kidding? It's most of us.

Nazran
07-12-2011, 12:48 PM
I have about 250pp across 4 or 5 toons.... I think I am like a 3rd world country you hear about where the monthly income is like 3.50 US...

I need a virtual SUGAR MOMMA/DADDY !

Vendar
07-12-2011, 01:03 PM

was funnier years and years ago when chris rock said it.

WTS new material

deakolt
07-12-2011, 01:06 PM
was funnier years and years ago when chris rock said it.

WTS new material

Maybe Hasbinbad should change his name to Hasbin

Vendar
07-12-2011, 01:07 PM
have never had more than 8k total among all toons combined......but when i see these huge prices on gear in EC i wonder 1. who can afford it? 2. why would they but it for that price? and 3. is it really gonna help them to camp LCY in KC that much better?

not trying to pick on you, but as someone that started at the beginning of the year with absolutely nothing (no items no pals) on this server, all i can tell you is your doing something wrong if your toon is only worth 8k (by total i assumed you meant networth). i mean if raiding is not your thing, to each his(her) own, but i mean at the very least, get in to groups where high priced items drop and sell them.

Vendar
07-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Maybe Hasbinbad should change his name to Hasbin

har har

i see what you did there

SupaflyIRL
07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm that guy making 10 bucks an hour living comfortably because he's good at managing his finances with untapped potential and a bright future (being a necro).

gprater
07-13-2011, 08:36 PM
not trying to pick on you, but as someone that started at the beginning of the year with absolutely nothing (no items no pals) on this server, all i can tell you is your doing something wrong if your toon is only worth 8k (by total i assumed you meant networth). i mean if raiding is not your thing, to each his(her) own, but i mean at the very least, get in to groups where high priced items drop and sell them.

no, its cool. Thats my point, you dont need to go seek(camp) or buy the best gear to play this game ( on this server)...you can heal a group in KC, for example, all night long with moderate gear and even some slots empty. :)

Anger
07-13-2011, 08:55 PM
< 10k: poverty, eating out of trash cans, homeless
10k-30k: lower class, eat at mcdonalds a lot, probably overweight
30k-100k: middle class, you and me, the up and coming with upwards mobility at our fingertips
100k-500k: upper middle: yeah I could buy a lambo, yeah it would cost me several years of savings
500k-1mil: rich
1mil +: fuck you dude get a life

hahahah.

Abysis
07-13-2011, 10:57 PM
no, its cool. Thats my point, you dont need to go seek(camp) or buy the best gear to play this game ( on this server)...you can heal a group in KC, for example, all night long with moderate gear and even some slots empty. :)

So your saying you don't "NEED" gear and money to exist. Okay... This thread is about being rich.

gprater
07-15-2011, 06:57 AM
So your saying you don't "NEED" gear and money to exist. Okay... This thread is about being rich.

you dont read well...