PDA

View Full Version : Is Bard AoE Kiting the same as it as in live?

Greenhoe
07-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi, I'm new the the server, and I know this is probably posted somewhere but I was wondering if Bard AoE kiting is just like it was during live?

Messianic
07-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Nope.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11506&highlight=bard+kiting

Greenhoe
07-12-2011, 08:45 AM
It seems like this server has to have everything just like it was back during live so why isn't Bard's AoE kiting?

Messianic
07-12-2011, 09:02 AM
It seems like this server has to have everything just like it was back during live so why isn't Bard's AoE kiting?

Read up on the subject on the forums and you'll see why. Some mechanics are extremely hard if not impossible to re-create exactly. It's a subject that's been beaten to death.

However, bards can viably solo to 60, and they arguably do so faster than anyone else if they know where and how to do it.

Dr4z3r
07-12-2011, 09:25 AM
It's not exactly the same, but it's close enough to be viable.

Greenhoe
07-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Are all emulated servers like this or just P99?

falkun
07-12-2011, 10:35 AM
P99 has some of the most functional bard code on any of the EMU servers. Someone dropped a name of the dev that did a lot of the bard code work here, but I'm not sure who to give credit to. Haynar maybe? Regardless, whichever Dev did the work, they deserve the gratitude of us bards!

Slave
07-12-2011, 02:35 PM
P99 has some of the most functional bard code on any of the EMU servers. Someone dropped a name of the dev that did a lot of the bard code work here, but I'm not sure who to give credit to. Haynar maybe? Regardless, whichever Dev did the work, they deserve the gratitude of us bards!

Did you not play on PEQ?

falkun
07-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Did you not play on PEQ?

Nope. Did they do better with bard code? I was just complimenting the dev(s) on creating a great bard experience here on P99, wasn't trying to offend any other EMUs.

Pringles
07-12-2011, 02:53 PM
However, bards can viably solo to 60, and they arguably do so faster than anyone else if they know where and how to do it.

I dont think there is much to argue here :)

Messianic
07-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I dont think there is much to argue here :)

I just added it in case someone wanted to start a long useless argument about necros and the 50+ game, AoE groups, etc...

I don't happen to think there's a rival for fastest leveling class :)

Slave
07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Nope. Did they do better with bard code? I was just complimenting the dev(s) on creating a great bard experience here on P99, wasn't trying to offend any other EMUs.

I remember it being wholly emulated. Plus, oh my god, #Melody helps so much. I've played probably 5 or more bards to 55+ on various servers including Sullon Zek, but will never do so again without #Melody. It's simply a physiological thing. I'm older and wiser now and not as keen on ruining my wrists.

Anger
07-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Not the same exactly as on live, but certainly doable once you get the hang of it.

Just make sure to twist in regen a bit more often and you'll get the idea very quickly.

Dr4z3r
07-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I remember it being wholly emulated. Plus, oh my god, #Melody helps so much. I've played probably 5 or more bards to 55+ on various servers including Sullon Zek, but will never do so again without #Melody. It's simply a physiological thing. I'm older and wiser now and not as keen on ruining my wrists.

Wuss.

Also, playing a bard on P99 with /melody would alternate between being colossally boring and horribly ineffective.