PDA

View Full Version : DOT Damage while Kiting

Vladigan
07-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Hey all, was playing around with a druid and I noticed that the traditional soloing technique from the old days seems to have been tweeked... When I kite the DOT damage is drastically reduced... is this a bug or was something nerfed? Thanks for any info updates, haven't played on the server in quite a while.

Slave
07-14-2011, 01:00 AM
It's a classic timeline (temporary?) nerf sort of thing. I'm not really too sure when it was removed. I thought it was only supposed to last a few weeks but already it seems mind-numbingly pervasive.

You only deal 66% of damage on a mob that isn't rooted or feared with DoTs.

Kevlar
07-14-2011, 05:27 AM
why would you snare kite with dots? root rot where you cant kite and quad kite where you can.

Cribanox
07-14-2011, 07:11 AM
back when we could run around and dot without penalty, this saved you from having to cast root and saved u the mana.

Dr4z3r
07-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Reading Patch Notes is good for your health:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38415

Messianic
07-14-2011, 10:25 AM
back when we could run around and dot without penalty, this saved you from having to cast root and saved u the mana.

But if you miss med ticks while running around, you're out the mana you would have gained while medding.

Anger
07-14-2011, 10:51 AM
DoT damage is reduced unless the mob is stationary by something like 66%? Haven't read the patch notes in quite some time.

Rasah
07-14-2011, 12:36 PM
why would you snare kite with dots? root rot where you cant kite and quad kite where you can.

I killed a Hill Giant at 32, and an Ice Giant at 40. I would not have been able to do so trying to keep a yellow mob rooted. If you are good at med-kiting, it is much better than trying to get a root to stick.

Messianic
07-14-2011, 01:06 PM
I killed a Hill Giant at 32, and an Ice Giant at 40. I would not have been able to do so trying to keep a yellow mob rooted. If you are good at med-kiting, it is much better than trying to get a root to stick.

I'd be willing to bet it's not as fast in terms of exp as just quadding or root-rotting blue mobs. Haven't played a druid that high, but...

Kevlar
07-14-2011, 02:08 PM
snare and dot resists are indeed much higher. no sense in killing reds you will gain levels much more slowly. you can quad 4 blues in half the time you can kill 1 red plus earn twice the exp.

SupaflyIRL
07-14-2011, 03:05 PM
snare and dot resists are indeed much higher. no sense in killing reds you will gain levels much more slowly. you can quad 4 blues in half the time you can kill 1 red plus earn twice the exp.

You'll level twice as slow but make ten times the money, depends on your priority.

Aadill
07-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I'd rather level fast THEN make 10x the money faster than I would trying to fight reds. Root rot multiple HGs at once instead of hope that one red mob doesn't dink you because it resists everything you throw at it.

SupaflyIRL
07-14-2011, 03:27 PM
I'd rather level fast THEN make 10x the money faster than I would trying to fight reds. Root rot multiple HGs at once instead of hope that one red mob doesn't dink you because it resists everything you throw at it.

Pretty sure it doesn't matter what your personal preference is. If someone wants to play eq to run around felwithe at lvl 1 jerking off to cartoon elves they're free to play the game differently even if you'd prefer to do it running around grobb.

Rasah
07-14-2011, 03:28 PM
I'd be willing to bet it's not as fast in terms of exp as just quadding or root-rotting blue mobs. Haven't played a druid that high, but...
Of course it's not as fast. But sometimes I just like to play for the challenge. In both cases I only did it once, but at least when it was over I could say that I did it.

Aadill
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Pretty sure it doesn't matter what your personal preference is. If someone wants to play eq to run around felwithe at lvl 1 jerking off to cartoon elves they're free to play the game differently even if you'd prefer to do it running around grobb.

ffffffff how'd you know?

Word Grobb. NEVER forget.

falkun
07-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Aadill's sexual preference: Troll.

Aadill
07-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Aadill's sexual preference: Troll.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lanystvyl
07-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Fear kite and you will be ok.

SupaflyIRL
07-14-2011, 03:38 PM
I would have said something about halflings but I didn't want anyone to end up on a registry or anything.

falkun
07-14-2011, 03:40 PM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I can't help myself...

Aadill, if you give trolls a nickel, they will tickle your pickle.

(T'was horrible, I know)